• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis Pudding Club

Well the smell in our house is one of warm ginger bread - and thats not a bad thing :goodvibes

This is how it turned out - all ready to be enjoyed with a lovely frothy coffee

IMG_5773.jpg

And the recipe for anyone that may be interested.

Jamaica Ginger Cake
100g softened butter
100g soft brown sugar
3tbsp black treacle
100g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
half tsp salt
2tsp ground ginger
2tsp ground cinnamon
25g chopped stem ginger (optional)
150ml milk
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 beaten egg

Heat the oven to 180C. Grease a 23cm (9inch) square tim and line with non stick baking parchment.
Place the butter, sugar and treacle in a saucepan and warm to melt the butter then allow to cool.
sift the flours, salt and spices into a large bowl. In a small bowl mix the milk, bicarbonate of soda and egg together and pour over the flour mixture.
Add the butter mixture and ginger (if using - I never have) and stir to make a smooth batter. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (we have a fan assisted oven and it normally takes around 45 minutes)
Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into squares (never happens - we always cut it early as we like it warm :goodvibes)

I have also found that the amount of ginger or cinnamon that you put in makes a big difference, so its worth experimenting to see what works for your taste buds.

Well the smell in our house is one of warm ginger bread - and thats not a bad thing :goodvibes

This is how it turned out - all ready to be enjoyed with a lovely frothy coffee

IMG_5773.jpg

And the recipe for anyone that may be interested.

Jamaica Ginger Cake
100g softened butter
100g soft brown sugar
3tbsp black treacle
100g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
half tsp salt
2tsp ground ginger
2tsp ground cinnamon
25g chopped stem ginger (optional)
150ml milk
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 beaten egg

Heat the oven to 180C. Grease a 23cm (9inch) square tim and line with non stick baking parchment.
Place the butter, sugar and treacle in a saucepan and warm to melt the butter then allow to cool.
sift the flours, salt and spices into a large bowl. In a small bowl mix the milk, bicarbonate of soda and egg together and pour over the flour mixture.
Add the butter mixture and ginger (if using - I never have) and stir to make a smooth batter. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (we have a fan assisted oven and it normally takes around 45 minutes)
Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into squares (never happens - we always cut it early as we like it warm :goodvibes)

I have also found that the amount of ginger or cinnamon that you put in makes a big difference, so its worth experimenting to see what works for your taste buds.

Looking Good !! Not a fan of ginger bread though m8 whats next on the menu??

I have a bee out today and bought Hagen dazs ice cream after Mrs pegasus has done nothing but go on about it !!
I have been out today and bought some more baking igriedients so who knos what we may come up with this weekend to accompany my icecream :goodvibes

I have a bee out today and bought Hagen dazs ice cream after Mrs pegasus has done nothing but go on about it !!
I have been out today and bought some more baking igriedients so who knos what we may come up with this weekend to accompany my icecream :goodvibes
I hope it's Cookies and Cream Louise. That's her absolute favourite.
And I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with :goodvibes

The Jamaica Ginger Cake looks so nice I can smell it now :)

Me too - the house is full of it :thumbsup2

I hope it's Cookies and Cream Louise. That's her absolute favourite.
And I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with :goodvibes

mine too and im looking forward to seeing you stuff to louise lol

That gingerbread looks so good I can smell it from here. And I see it is served complete with Grumpy Blend Coffee :) I wasn't going to bake this weekend but I may now make an exception since the recipe is there already :rolleyes:

It is DD's birthday next weekend. She isn't having a party - just family around, but no doubt there will be some baked goods around .....

were baking more this weekend and early next week, the school has a valentines day bake sale, and making my cousins dd a peppa pig cake for her birthday thursday, will add pics x

So after an afternoon baking I have made 2 puddings.
Im bored of spoge cakes now so thought id be adventurous heres what we came up with !!

TREACLE TART

168945_1753779718789_1067814739_2018066_1953599_n.jpg

ECLAIRS

181658_1753825519934_1067814739_2018118_3772315_n.jpg

I have only maaged to sadwich together about 10 eclairs because my kids and husband kept robbing them !! :rotfl2:

Never made either recipe before so im actually quite pleased with myself as glute free baking can be very hit and miss :banana:

Ill try to get a pic of the eclairs sandwiched together in a bit !!

Hello! :yay:

I'm a newbie here on this thread- but i'm LOVING this pudding thread! I'm definitely a foodie and I have a sweet tooth :love:

Right now, I've got a batch of fudge, galaxy chocolate brownies in the oven and they should be ready in about 20 mins. Yay!

I'm hoping they turn out all right... so if they do i'll be posting pictures for you ;)

Gabby x

Right now, I've got a batch of fudge, galaxy chocolate brownies in the oven and they should be ready in about 20 mins. Yay!

I'm hoping they turn out all right... so if they do i'll be posting pictures for you ;)

Gabby x

So Gabby, are those brownies done yet? :)

My brownies came out quite well, they were moist and chocolatey.

iphonepics4017.jpg

My cat woke up when the brownies were ready- but then dozed off again :rolleyes:

iphonepics4022.jpg

This was my first time making brownies and I think I'd definitely make them again. But I've just had one piece and I'm already stuffed :rolleyes1

My brownies came out quite well, they were moist and chocolatey.

Those look delicious! I have coffee here and could easily eat one of those ... despite the time of night! :scared1:

My cat woke up when the brownies were ready- but then dozed off again :rolleyes:

:lmao: I can assure you I would not have gone back to sleep if someone placed those in front of me to wake me up!

This was my first time making brownies and I think I'd definitely make them again. But I've just had one piece and I'm already stuffed :rolleyes1

Yes, they do that. It's nature's way of making sure you don't overindulge ;)

Thank you for posting. Do you want to share your recipe?

A topical addition to the Pudding Club from me

Red Velvet Cupcakes especially for Valentines Day :love:

IMG_5780.jpg

The recipe for anyone who would like it

140g plain flour
1½ tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
120ml buttermilk
1 tsp vinegar
½ tsp of vanilla extract
½ tsp of red food colouring paste (has to be paste as liquid food colouring is too runny)
55g unsalted butter, room temperature
170g sugar
2 eggs

For the icing
110g unsalted butter, room temperature
110g cream cheese, room temperature
450g icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
decorations

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin with paper cases.

2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate, baking powder (or cream of tartar), and salt into a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and food colouring together until blended.

3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the flour mixture, a third at a time, alternating with a third of the buttermilk mixture, until all is mixed in.

4. Divide the mixture between the paper cases. Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 20 minutes until springy to the touch. Remove and turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool.

5. To make the icing, beat the butter and cheese until creamy. Add the icing sugar and beat until combined. Split the half vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds into the icing. Add the vanilla and mix again.

6. Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and ice the cupcakes, starting from the outside and working in towards the middle. Decorate with coloured sprinkles.

The ingredients say it makes 12 but I used the smaller cupcake cases and a more shallow bun tin and it made 20.

Those brownies and cupcakes look AMAZING!

At my house we do a Come Dine With Me night every so often, and it's the turn of my housemate tonight.

(when I did it, I did a Limoncello ice cream cake for the dessert - I wish we had this thread then. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos)

For his dessert he is going to make a melt in the middle chocolate pudding, although he is not too hopeful at the moment :rotfl: :rotfl:

If he'll let me, I'll post a pic when he's done along with the recipe.

Wish us luck :goodvibes

So here's that pudding!!

ed0ed816.jpg

And we were so chuffed that it actually was melt in the middle! Success!

5ff4dda8.jpg

RECIPE:

Ingredients (serves 8)
200g dark chocolate (75% cocoa), broken into pieces
200g butter, diced
2 tbsp brandy (optional)
110g golden caster sugar
4 large eggs plus 4 large egg yolks
1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
60g plain flour

1. place broken up chocolate, along with butter and brandy (if using) in a large heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure bowl doesnt touch the water.
2. keeping the heat at its lowest, allow chocolate and butter to melt slowly (6-7 minutes). Remove from heat, give it a good stir until smooth and glossy.
3. while chocolate is melting, place sugar, whole eggs, yolks and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk on high speed with an electric hand whisk until mixture has doubled in volume (5-10 minutes). Need to end up with a thick, mousse-like mixture, that when you stop the motor and lift the whisk "leaves a trail like a piece of ribbon".
4. pour melted chocolate mixture around the edge of the bowl (easier to fold it in from the edges) and then sift the flour over the mixture. using a large metal spoon carefully but thoroughly fold everything together (3-4 minutes).
5. Divide the mixture between the pudding basins. Preheat oven to 200 C
6. Bake on center shelf for 12 minutes. Puddings should have risen and feel fairly firm to the touch, although the insides will still be melting.
7. Leave to stand for 1 minute before sliding a palette knife around each pudding and turning out.

That chocolate pudding looks well lush Beth :goodvibes

I will update the index to include it, so if you want to add the recipe later you can put it in your picture post :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter