• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Page Load Change in Behavior

rootbeerkid

Did I hear a young noise blast through here?
Something has changed in the presentation of the DIS website that is not good for me. After a page has started to present, I used to be able to begin to scroll down a bit and the page would eventually catch up and complete its load but the page would still retain its approximate location on the page and I could continue reading largely interrupted while the page loading completed. For reference, I'm using IE7 through a phone modem.

Now, as the page completes loading, it consistently jerks back to the top of the page. This relocation back to the top is accompanied by a "clicking" sound that used to not occur.

I do not like this change. Because I am on a phone modem that can be fairly slow at times, there are now many times that a page starts to load to the point that the text is visible, I'll scroll down and start to read the text and then the "click" sound occurs and the page jerks back to the top and I have to reposition down the page to where I was reading. Sometimes this will happen two or three times before it settles down to the point that I can read the page without interruption.

Is there anything I can do outside of something revolutionary like updating my browser or updating my internet connection or developing more patience?

Thanx for any help you might provide

From the lack of responses, I expect that this an uncommon problem or else I have not adequately described the behavior or it is behavior that is tolerated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter