Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Good evening fogies!

Alison - I hope your pool is finished soon, sounds like it's close to being ready. I'm excited my sister is putting one in at her house.:woohoo:

Well I have a new trip to plan for the Fall of 2017. My dad wants to go to the Azores and my aunt and uncle want to explore the East coast so I'm going to combine the two into one long vacation. Flights to the Azores go through Boston so it works out. Lots of decisions to make and planning. I'll be cancelling the Canadian DCL trip I had planned, it's more important to do this while my dad, aunt and uncle are healthy enough to travel (I hope they all stay that way over the next year).

It will be a great trip and I'm excited as my grandmother and grandfather are from the Azores and my dad is from Massachusetts.

Good evening fogies!

Alison - I hope your pool is finished soon, sounds like it's close to being ready. I'm excited my sister is putting one in at her house.:woohoo:

Well I have a new trip to plan for the Fall of 2017. My dad wants to go to the Azores and my aunt and uncle want to explore the East coast so I'm going to combine the two into one long vacation. Flights to the Azores go through Boston so it works out. Lots of decisions to make and planning. I'll be cancelling the Canadian DCL trip I had planned, it's more important to do this while my dad, aunt and uncle are healthy enough to travel (I hope they all stay that way over the next year).
That sounds exciting. We are missing our PIO. I can't stand our heat anymore. I need to go find rain. Bret must be really busy. You could put a above ground pool in and get some relief. How are the kitties doing?

They started regular pool service yesterday and tried to get the final payment out of me, but I told them that I don't consider it "completed" until the guy comes over and gets the system on our WiFi and we turn on the pool heater. He tried to tell me that we can "use" the pool now, but with highs in the 70s, the pool is probably in the 60s, and I don't even know how to turn on the jacuzzi. When our pool is happily heating and I can enjoy the jacuzzi, then I will gladly give them the final payment.

Your trip sounds very interesting Angela. Quite a combination. Are you sure you don't want to separate them by a week or a month?

Kitties are fine, they're outside during the day and in at night.

As long as I'm still working the Fall is about the only time I can take off so I'll make it a long one. This way flights won't be as expensive. It might depend on how long each group wants to stay. Last I heard from my dad he wants to go to two of the islands.

Last edited:

Oh Alison, I would have told them the same thing. They had the whole time while the weather was quite warm. I would make them show you how to use the jacuzzi. Don't let them get by with that.

I have an appointment Wednesday for them to hook both the pool and spa systems to our WiFi. At that point I can download the apps and the guy will train me on using the pool and spa. But I figure THAT is considered completion, not just the fact that they have chemicals in there.

Last edited:
Yeah I keep looking at it out the windows and think "soon". I know it's too cold to even think about going in it. Our temps have been really mild. Mid 70s. I'm so glad we put in the heater. Only 3 days until we can turn it on!

Last edited:
Yeah that's the valley. I couldn't hardly stand it the summer I spent in Taft (outside Bakersfield), it was awful hot.

I'm looking forward to going to the coast next weekend. It will be so much cooler.

Nice to see you stopped by PIO. We'll share our heat with you. Change is coming, tonight I was noticing it's getting dark earlier. Then we'll be saying it's too cold and you'll be hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter