Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Disney will release some 60 days out for their on-site guests. I have suspected that to make it fair, they would also release some for the off-site guests at the 30 day mark. They might stack the decks by opening more for on-site than for off-site; but we will probably never know. I can't remember when the AP holders are allowed to book their FP+; but chances are that Disney would also release an allocation for them as well.

If some become available, it's highly likely that people are probably cancelling. Most likely at the 45 day mark, if they are on a package deal.

As Disney seem to have FP+ available on the day for those that just walk-in, I expect that they would release some for the morning rush. And remember, you can book a 4th FP+ on the day itself; so chances are there are some released sometime during the day as well.

I see. I understand why Disney is trying to get more guests to stay on-site compare to off-site guests which will keep them on property. Plus with the guests on property, you can make the FP+ and the dining in advance before the non-guests do in a few days and half a month. I read the FP+ on the DIS Boards about the FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities---Part 1 that the AP holders get to make the FP+ at the 30 day mark and only can do 7 days in a month span which makes sense. Luckily, that is all I need for my trip. Sometimes Disney release FP+ for certain rides/shows at the 45 day mark which makes sense as well as the shows.

I know what you mean. There are certain rides & shows that people would book in advance and might cancel later on since they are possibly doing something else and that is when rides like 7DMT are open after the 30 day mark. I wonder how many people can be in the viewing areas for the parade and fireworks. It must be limited if there isn't any available.

I forgot about that you can make an additional FP+ along with the 3 you have after you use the first one. So this will help out for a ride that we don't want to wait. This is all new to me and it will be time until I figure it all out compare to the DLR that uses the regular FP. But I like the old ways of where you get there to the parks first thing and you get it first instead of making it in advance.

Thanks for your info PiO.

Meals aren't any fun when it has to be low fat, low sodium and low carb. Nothing processed, bottled or canned.

No they're not. Is this for you or him?

I can't remember when the AP holders are allowed to book their FP+; but chances are that Disney would also release an allocation for them as well.

AP holders can book 30 days out. I can always see availability at that point. My 60 day is coming up next month. I better put a reminder in my phone. Plus I want to change an ADR. Narcoossee's added a Sunday Brunch that sounds really good.

Bret, sounds like you're making progress on your FPs.

The restrictions are for him and I just follow along as I'm sure I could use it. I need to go look up a few recipes and plan my grocery list for today.
I was sure it was for him, check pinterest for ideas for some of the recipes with the ingredients. At least it may break up some of the boring stuff. I am making chicken with some olive oil on top in the oven and having my salad, actually i bagged the cabbage that is shaved in the bag. I use a little bit of miracle whip on mine. How are both of you today? A little better I hope today.

The restrictions are for him and I just follow along as I'm sure I could use it. I need to go look up a few recipes and plan my grocery list for today.

Sounds a little like my diet that the Doctor wanted me to do. At this point, I'm doing it as I can, but not knocking myself out anymore. Life is just too short. it's not helping my weight any. :rotfl2:

For now I'm just trying to keep everything fresh and natural as possible until he recovers and then we'll deal with the full lifestyle change.

The not eating out is the hardest part.

For now I'm just trying to keep everything fresh and natural as possible until he recovers and then we'll deal with the full lifestyle change.

The not eating out is the hardest part.

That's pretty much how I do it most of the time. Not that I'm real healthy but we actually rarely eat packaged stuff. All my veggies are fresh. In a pinch I'll have frozen on hand but like tonight I was at the store so I grabbed green beans to go with dinner. I would make mashed potatoes (I know carbs=bad), but Fran would kill me if I did that when starting dinner so late. So we're having packaged, just add water. I couldn’t think of anything else to use up our tri tip so we're having open faced roast beef sammies.

Must go and get din din together before I starve!

Must be a green bean night, along with brown rice and watermelon. DDIL is making chicken and bringing it over.

Well that works in the program. My problem is that we eat too much beef and it's not always real lean. Other than that the veggies are fresh and normally there aren't carbs. Tonight I couldn't resist the mashed potatoes.

I think dinners are the easiest to come up with stuff, lunch seems to be harder since he was such a big sandwich eater. I'm missing the beef.

Good evening Fogies.

I know what you mean by giving up beef is hard.

Speaking of food, now I got to plan out what kiosks to visit during the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot next month. I know that I will be going to the Canada kiosk. Now I am trying to figure out which other kiosks I should try? Decisions, decisions. Good thing I went to see your old TR thread Alison of what you ate at the F&W Festival back in 2013.

Last edited:
Happy planning your selections at F&W at Epcot. I've always enjoyed trying the different items.

It's funny. My ex before Fran didn't eat beef. I can't remember why. It wasn't an aversion maybe it might have been an allergy. That could be why I gained sp much weight when I met Fran, putting beef back in the diet! LOL!

I think DH is drooling and dreaming of a good burger. :rotfl2:

Tonight is our first night in our new bed, I hope it's worth it!

Good evening Fogies.

Still planning on what we will eat during the F&W Festival.

Hope the new bed work out well for you Angela.

I forgot about that you can make an additional FP+ along with the 3 you have after you use the first one.

Actually you have to use all three before you can request the 4th one. And you have to do it at a kiosk instead of on the app on your phone.

I think DH is drooling and dreaming of a good burger. :rotfl2:

Tonight is our first night in our new bed, I hope it's worth it!

Well if you put enough spices in a turkey burger they can be pretty good.

We love our SN bed. Do you know your # yet?

Aloha everybody :wave:

New old fogie here .

:welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter