Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – New Lease negotiated FO(U)R the next 250 pages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and Good night

I'm right there with the rest of you on gaining weight since my surgery last July.:(

I won the bid for one of the River Cats baseball jerseys during tonight's game for Autism Awareness Night. Donating to a good cause. :thumbsup2 I'm not so sure my DH was as excited about it as I was.:rotfl2:

Just tell him you bought it in the name of charity. You can never decry a charity purchase :goodvibes

It did..

It's my fault for leaving my bag in there under a book about dinosaurs :worried:

Oh no, sorry about the bag.

Just tell him you bought it in the name of charity. You can never decry a charity purchase :goodvibes

I told him I stayed under my limit. :goodvibes

Congrats on the bid and on the donation! :thumbsup2

Now what to do with the jersey?

532028_602121869799476_658412631_n.jpg

Are you a River Cats fan?

If not, you could always donate it back for next year's auction (or sell it on eBay yourself).

So the other night we went out for a nice dinner. I have the good fortune to be able to email the chef in advance and give him some “suggestions” and he creates a stellar meal for us. My only requests were some sort of mushroom soup/bisque to start, Wienerschnitzel with potato pancakes for the main, and a seafood and a beef course in between. I wanted a soufflé for dessert and Fran wanted chocolate. So here is the magic that he worked for us.

We started off with some cocktails.

DSC01932_zpsf562abab.jpg

DSC01933_zpscdf42a95.jpg

The amuse bouche was a blackened shrimp with a cilantro cream sauce, and I think that was a mango chunk.

The drink was a strawberry smoothie with bits of dehydrated strawberry for garnish.

DSC01935_zpsaaf0b99d.jpg

Our first course was a mushroom bisque with mushroom crostini. I ordered a Trimbach Gewurtztraminer from Alsace to go with this and the next course.

DSC01942_zps8dd992ad.jpg

Our next course was a lobster salad.

DSC01950_zps8cedd95a.jpg

At this point, I had to start slowing down and let Fran finish some of this because I knew we had a lot more coming.

Kobe beef with some sort of a Hollandaise sauce and tempura asparagus, with these next courses I paired a La Crema Pinot Noir.

DSC01961_zps9b62644b.jpg

DSC01965_zps89d6fb9f.jpg

Wienerschnitzel with Potato Pancakes and homemade chunk applesauce.

DSC01967_zps012e6d22.jpg

While we waited for our dessert course to be prepared, they served us a chocolate course.

DSC01968_zpsbadc55b3.jpg

I ordered a Grand Mariner neat to finish off the evening.

DSC01971_zps70b7b56a.jpg

To pair with, of course, my Grand Mariner Souffle. On the side they served chocolate coated popcorn. Fran was served a chocolate Souffle, but I forgot to take a picture. It wasn’t nearly as chocolately as the ones from Palo, but she still enjoyed it.

DSC01973_zps10a1e7c8.jpg

And with that we headed out of the park, not without incident. But you can read all about that in my cruise PTR!

OMG!!! I LOVE the MEAL!!!

That's just fantastic food. No wonder you were in a food coma. That soufflé looks A-MAzing.

I'm envious.....but in a good way envious. :thumbsup2

I'm running out to the store for groceries and coming back to throw a ham in the oven, with scalloped potatoes and asparagus. No wonder I'm gaining weight. :scratchin

I'm running out to the store for groceries and coming back to throw a ham in the oven, with scalloped potatoes and asparagus. No wonder I'm gaining weight. :scratchin

It sounds like a wonderful meal! :thumbsup2

Hmm...just wondering if we're going to do the obligatory "lose weight for Disney" thing this time round.

Are you a River Cats fan?

If not, you could always donate it back for next year's auction (or sell it on eBay yourself).

I'm a fan so I doubt I'll get rid of it. The River Cats have several auctions during the season. The players wear the shirt during the game and they're auctioned off as a fundraiser for a charity. After the game is over you go down on the field and get your shirt.

I love it!!!!!! Keep it. I heard the firworks last night.

They're doing fireworks and Fridays and Saturdays this year.

I'm running out to the store for groceries and coming back to throw a ham in the oven, with scalloped potatoes and asparagus.

What time is dinner??? It sounds wonderful. Your DL dinner looked awesome too.

So the other night we went out for a nice dinner. I have the good fortune to be able to email the chef in advance and give him some “suggestions” and he creates a stellar meal for us. My only requests were some sort of mushroom soup/bisque to start, Wienerschnitzel with potato pancakes for the main, and a seafood and a beef course in between. I wanted a soufflé for dessert and Fran wanted chocolate. So here is the magic that he worked for us.

We started off with some cocktails.

The amuse bouche was a blackened shrimp with a cilantro cream sauce, and I think that was a mango chunk.

The drink was a strawberry smoothie with bits of dehydrated strawberry for garnish.

Our first course was a mushroom bisque with mushroom crostini. I ordered a Trimbach Gewurtztraminer from Alsace to go with this and the next course.

Our next course was a lobster salad.

At this point, I had to start slowing down and let Fran finish some of this because I knew we had a lot more coming.

Kobe beef with some sort of a Hollandaise sauce and tempura asparagus, with these next courses I paired a La Crema Pinot Noir.

Wienerschnitzel with Potato Pancakes and homemade chunk applesauce.

While we waited for our dessert course to be prepared, they served us a chocolate course.

I ordered a Grand Mariner neat to finish off the evening.

To pair with, of course, my Grand Mariner Souffle. On the side they served chocolate coated popcorn. Fran was served a chocolate Souffle, but I forgot to take a picture. It wasn’t nearly as chocolately as the ones from Palo, but she still enjoyed it.

And with that we headed out of the park, not without incident. But you can read all about that in my cruise PTR!

My mouth is watering!! It puts my peanut butter toast I just ate for breakfast to shame!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Can I come over for dinner :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It sounds like a wonderful meal! :thumbsup2

Hmm...just wondering if we're going to do the obligatory "lose weight for Disney" thing this time round.

"lose weight for Disney"? :confused3 Fran and I just need to lose weight period! :laughing:

What time is dinner??? It sounds wonderful. Your DL dinner looked awesome too.

You have about another hour and a half to get here! :rotfl:

OMG!!! I LOVE the MEAL!!!

That's just fantastic food. No wonder you were in a food coma. That soufflé looks A-MAzing.

I'm envious.....but in a good way envious. :thumbsup2

It was a wonderful meal! Ever since we started "making requests" I haven't gone back to eating off the menu at dinner! He does the best soufflés, well he is French. :scratchin

Oh the food looks so good! I have plain ole chicken cooking for nachos.

There's nothing wrong with plain ole chicken. We're having plain ole turkey tomorrow, but hey this isn't the "What's for Dinner" Thread! :lmao:

"lose weight for Disney"? :confused3 Fran and I just need to lose weight period! :laughing:

It was a wonderful meal! Ever since we started "making requests" I haven't gone back to eating off the menu at dinner! He does the best soufflés, well he is French. :scratchin

There's nothing wrong with plain ole chicken. We're having plain ole turkey tomorrow, but hey this isn't the "What's for Dinner" Thread! :lmao:

It's nice to have friends in high places. :goodvibes

It might not be the WFDT thread but there's nothing wrong with sharing with friends. :thumbsup2

I think I'm on a good food kick. Gonna try to lose 5 - 10 lbs as an aim first.

I'm always hoping to lose a few pounds, I'm 10 lbs up from when we went to WDW. :scared1:

I need to get down before the cruise, but I'm not good at drastic cutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter