Dis Network of rivers???

I could have been imagining it but I thought the log speed up when I clicked in the water ahead of where I was going. Give it a try and let me know if you notice a difference.

MiakodaWDW said:
Oh, by the way. Are we ever going to set up a team for "audio-animatronic" characters to act as scenery for the various rooms in the ride? I like that idea and I really wanna do it! I just wish there was a pirate costume (other than the silly magic pin) for the skull rock and cannon rooms. I could stand there for hours saying "a pirate's life for me" and "ahoy, matey"! While waving like a robot as people go by. What fun! Especially for the kids, and non-DIS people for whom it would be a complete surprise. Who's in? :cheer2: Quick, before I get a job again!

I've done this in a couple of times in my room, singing "It's a small world after all". One guy got off and talked to me. The others looked at me like I was crazy. :rotfl2:

Yesterday I hoped on and went in my Christmas room to work on it to find a girl and a boy standing on my river bank waving at people. I didn't know who they were. But the more the merrier. :cool1:

AZCat said:
I could have been imagining it but I thought the log speed up when I clicked in the water ahead of where I was going. Give it a try and let me know if you notice a difference.

Cat it is not your imagination - it works pretty good. :) Speeding through the river - lol.

I've added a second room to the Dis River Network! It's right before my "tent" room. It's called "Cape Girls Dis River Cruise ship", and I have it set up like the cabin area of a cruise ship! :boat: LOL

Please let me know how you like it. I am going to be adding more "areas" to my "cruise ship", and will add them in with river parts, as I complete them. Actually, the tent room is going to be a "jungle river excursion" as a part of my cruise ship themed rooms. :earboy2:

I tried to ride the river from beginning to end, and got disconnected 10 minutes into the ride.

I went all the way through the staff rooms with no trouble.

Just a simple plea to all who have rooms on the dis river. Since it is so easy to get bumped from the ride (for a variety of reasons) would everyone,please make sure there is a way to enter your room from the door way, and a way to get back on the river ride, by having shallows near the door.

It is so frustrating to get dumped into the doorway of a room and have no way to get back on the river without going back to my room to get on and then have to ride the whole thing again.

Well I have been in WDW all week. How many rooms are we up to, and what have I missed.

I will try and do a count today but i believe it was around the 50 mark the other day.

Thanks Mike and Merry Christmas to all and to all a good... morning?

If anyone has the time to ride the river, I would be curious to know the room count now. I may do it myself tonight if I have the time :) ....also does it count as one room or two if you go into one room, then into another one or two, then back into the same room on another part of the ride? I have too rooms like that :rolleyes:

~M

I've tried to ride it a couple of time in the past week and get kicked off line due to in inactivity until I get off and walk around some, every few rooms.

I would be interested in knowing the room count too.
I added 2 new rooms before Christmas, my space room and my briar patch room (I''m not too happy with it, I'll have to redo it sometime)

So I had a few spare minutes - 34 to be exact. That's how long it took DesertCat to make a loop on the Dis River. As of 8:53 pm eastern, the dis river was composed of in order:

canadian (3), darksideofmoon (4), t-birdpride (1), flyingpegasus (5), cat.herder (8), CL_reallabgirl (2), real deal (1), gogogoofy (3), emoneyemoney (1), jplayerette (1), tequoia (3), daffypluto (9), disvaclub (3), moussedude (8), cdnmickey (3), coriander (3) mr jiminy (1), disaeryn (3), berrygirl (2), astrogumby (1), stitchcreator (2), cazalet (1), coolmunkygirl (1), jakedawg (1), kinghusky (1), starwarskid (2), mickeysmagic (1), mickeyskate (4), coughcoolghoul (4), miakoda (10), alienoutlawz (2), diskelco (1), rainierears (3), canadian (1), hagen (2), disneyfanlv (5), lifeof (2), CL_capegirl (3), and CL_capecad (1).

This gives a total of 112 rooms connected to the river.

If a room was visited multiple times, it only counted as (1) room for my purposes. The count might be off a room or two. Mickeyskate and miakoda had rooms that were visited several times and although I tried to keep them separate, I might have missed something.

AZCat said:
So I had a few spare minutes - 34 to be exact. That's how long it took DesertCat to make a loop on the Dis River. As of 8:53 pm eastern, the dis river was composed of in order:

canadian (3), darksideofmoon (4), t-birdpride (1), flyingpegasus (5), cat.herder (8), CL_reallabgirl (2), real deal (1), gogogoofy (3), emoneyemoney (1), jplayerette (1), tequoia (3), daffypluto (9), disvaclub (3), moussedude (8), cdnmickey (3), coriander (3) mr jiminy (1), disaeryn (3), berrygirl (2), astrogumby (1), stitchcreator (2), cazalet (1), coolmunkygirl (1), jakedawg (1), kinghusky (1), starwarskid (2), mickeysmagic (1), mickeyskate (4), coughcoolghoul (4), miakoda (10), alienoutlawz (2), diskelco (1), rainierears (3), canadian (1), hagen (2), disneyfanlv (5), lifeof (2), CL_capegirl (3), and CL_capecad (1).

This gives a total of 112 rooms connected to the river.

If a room was visited multiple times, it only counted as (1) room for my purposes. The count might be off a room or two. Mickeyskate and miakoda had rooms that were visited several times and although I tried to keep them separate, I might have missed something.
I believe I have a room on the ride. Does "A Very Pirate Christmas" sound familiar? I believe that's what my room on the DIS river is.

Here is an update as of 11:25 pm eastern:

FlyingPegasus added a new room, I missed shadowpirates room and had too many rooms for Miakoda and MickeySkate.

So the River ride in order is:

canadian (3), DarkSideMoon (4), t-birdpride (1), FlyingPegasus (6), cat.herder (8), CL_RealLabGirl (2), Real Deal (1), GoGoGoofy (3), EmoneyEmoney (1), JPlayerette (1), tequoia (3), daffypluto (9), Disvaclub (3), MousseDude (8), CDNMickey (3), Coriander (3) MrJiminy (1), DisAeryn (3), berrygirl (2), astrogumby (1), stitchcreator (2), Cazalet (1), CoolMunkyGirl (1), Jakedawg (1), KingHusky (1), starwarskid (2), mickeysmagic (1), MickeySkate (3), CoughCoolGhoul (4), Miakoda (2), shadowpirate (1), Miakoda (6), Alienoutlawz (2), diskelco (1), RainierEars (3), canadian (1), hagen (2), disneyfanlv (5), lifeof (2), CL_CapeGirl (3), and CL_capecad (1).

This gives a total of 111 rooms connected to the river.

If a room was visited multiple times, it only counted as (1) room for my purposes.

Great work, AZ! I was surprised to hear it only took 34 minutes, I had guessed at least over an hour! I have a question: I showed a kid the river and he was begging to be connected. i told him it is for Dis members only, tried to explain what Dis is and how he could join. He just kept saying "my mummy wont let me" and "your mean". so i gave up and deleted him from my list.

For future reference, this IS DIS only, right? I just want to make sure. I felt bad, but I at least tried to tell him how to join (and how cool dis is). But he just called me mean :(

~M

MiakodaWDW said:
Great work, AZ! I was surprised to hear it only took 34 minutes, I had guessed at least over an hour! I have a question: I showed a kid the river and he was begging to be connected. i told him it is for Dis members only, tried to explain what Dis is and how he could join. He just kept saying "my mummy wont let me" and "your mean". so i gave up and deleted him from my list.

For future reference, this IS DIS only, right? I just want to make sure. I felt bad, but I at least tried to tell him how to join (and how cool dis is). But he just called me mean :(

~M
Awwwwwwwwww...! Your not mean Mia!

You have canadian listed twice.

Should I take out some of my rooms? I feel weird having so much, but be comforted that I didn't put them on all it. I got about 20 rooms. LOL.
I just like to make them.

Hey NJMike, the hubby likes your "DIS in space" room best of all, even over mine.
LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter