Dis Network of rivers???

JeanJoe said:
To make it possible to enter the Dis Network of Rivers even when nobody is in any of the rooms, I'd like to place a regular (coffin) teleporter link to one of the River rooms, and the other to the Dis Special Rooms Lobby, if that's OK.

Come to think of it, a Jungle Cruise teleporter would be thematically more appropriate.

Hi, I can fit a jungle cruise teleporter in my start room. I have a set sitting around, so will place half and give you the other half when I see you online.

I would like to join to it is not totally ready yet. And with the game crashing who knows But I am seriously working on one. Thanks

Can my river link too some peeps have allready been on it as a test!May i be first if it is not taken? :earsboy:

As soon as i can get my mule on, i will by some stuff and send it to one of you guys. great idea.

OK, Here are the steps to take to link in your track. Follow these steps and you can't go wrong!

1. Set up your track how you like it.
2. Put matching teleporters at the beginning and end to make sure it loops
3. When you are happy with how it runs, remove the beginning teleporter
4. Swap beginning teleporters with someone in the network (it is important that you both swap beginnings)
5. Place them as soon as possible, so that the loop isn't broken for very long.

That's it!

Now in the Dis Rivers are: canadian, DarkSideMoon, t-birdpride, FlyingPegasus, CL_RealLabGirl

I can help hook in anyone who needs it. I know there are at least a few more who are almost ready.

blizzard said:
OK, Update:

Dark has my other half so that we can keep it looped. See him to get the continuing teleporter from my room. Then if you exchange with him, he can replace the teleporter at the beginning of his room with the one at the end of yours. (hopefully that makes sense)

EDIT: OK, thinking about it, to join the Dis Rivers you need to do the following:

1. Buy a set of teleporters and place half at the end of your ride
2. Find someone who is a part of the river and trade them the end of your ride for the beginning of their's
3. Place the teleporter you receive at the beginning of your ride

Current members of the Dis Rivers are:
DarkSideMoon
canadian
MousseDude

I'm going to start mine tomorrow. I'll let you know when it is ready.

JeanJoe said:
An evil thought...

Perhaps we could fill each room along the route with a dozen DIS'ers, all dressed as colorfully as possible, dancing, waving, all singing "It's a small world after all"

over
and
over
and
over
and
over
again.

If only you could make it so that it was not possible to exit the boats or the ride at all. Then, the curse would be complete.

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears... It's a world of hope, a world of fears... Auuuuggghhh!!!

Hey, I happen to like it's a Small World so I volunteer.
"It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all. "

My husband's cousin got stuck in there are for about 2 hours one time when the ride broke down and she hates Smal World now. We like to bug her by singing the song around her. :rotfl:

Ok I have 2 rooms hooked into the Dis Network of Rivers! Looks great so far! I can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with! This is going to be awesome, well it already is, but, as we keep adding more rooms it will be totaly awesome. woot woot :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

blizzard said:
I can help hook in anyone who needs it. I know there are at least a few more who are almost ready.

Mine are ready. it's 4 rooms long, hope you dont mind lol. I'll get with one of you tomorrow to get it inserted into the loop. ;)

Great!

If only I could figure out how to post clear directions to get there, it will be nice that everyone who is hooked into the DIS network will be able to access what will hopefully be the biggest River Ride in VMK!

I'll keep an eye out for you.

blizzard said:
Hi, I can fit a jungle cruise teleporter in my start room. I have a set sitting around, so will place half and give you the other half when I see you online.

NJ Mike said:
Mine are ready. it's 4 rooms long, hope you dont mind lol. I'll get with one of you tomorrow to get it inserted into the loop. ;)

Big triple woot to MousseDude! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I was in his river room last night and it is great! There is one room full of christmas trees and presents! I can't wait untill you are hooked into the network, so I can ride through from my rooms! (and compared to everyone else my rooms are kind of sorry looking, but there is room for improvement, once I figure out what I am doing LOL)

lol thanks, i try. ;)

I had another hair brained idea this morning, sketched it out on a piece of paper, then started adding and realizing i would need:

176 crates,
71 pieces of straight track,
16 left turns
and 2 more teleporters

so umm... that plan is on hold for a while lol.

But i'll try and get my 4 rooms i do have done into the loop today. ;)

glad you liked them.

Hi, Just wanted to post this at the end for those who haven't seen it. The Dis Rivers is going strong with about 13 rooms now.

Here are the steps to take to link in your track. Follow these steps and you can't go wrong!

1. Set up your track how you like it.
2. Put matching teleporters at the beginning and end to make sure it loops
3. When you are happy with how it runs, remove the beginning teleporter
4. Swap beginning teleporters with someone in the network (it is important that you both swap beginnings)
5. Place them as soon as possible, so that the loop isn't broken for very long.

That's it!

Now in the Dis Rivers are: canadian, DarkSideMoon, t-birdpride, FlyingPegasus, CL_RealLabGirl, MousseDude

It is very popular with most rooms almost full of people. How crazy is that?! We need more rooms! :) (By the way, I have a feeling that the Dis Rivers will be far superior to the castmembers rides we will see this weekend)

Awesome rive ride!!! I've gotten booted both times I tried to ride, but I made it through a bunch of rooms and they are incredible!! Thanks everyone!!

The Dis Rivers is now linked into the Dis Special Events Lobby for those who wish to access it when no one is on line.

River Ride Tips:

- Please put a shallow accessible from the door of each room. This is for 3 reasons: *following too close can boot you to the door of the next room, people who accidently get off can join again in the same room, people who follow someone on their friends list can follow them on the ride

- You can't jump off the stage in a riverboat room, however you can go down the stairs

- When it's busy, the ride is very jerky and susceptible to crashing, you may want to ride later (with so many rooms, and more to come it takes a lot of people before it gets full though)

NJ Mike said:
lol thanks, i try. ;)

I had another hair brained idea this morning, sketched it out on a piece of paper, then started adding and realizing i would need:

176 crates,
71 pieces of straight track,
16 left turns
and 2 more teleporters

so umm... that plan is on hold for a while lol.

But i'll try and get my 4 rooms i do have done into the loop today. ;)

glad you liked them.

So you're planning on an "It's a Small World", are you? Complete with
VMK friends strategically positioned around the rooms dancing like the
animatronics? (Wow, I am joking, but I can actually see the potential in
this idea!)

And your ride does rock. The part that flows through your Best Guest Room
is especially fun. And the new "Christmas exploded in this room" room looks
great, too!

Well, I'm in! I just started building last night. I'm hoping to have mine go through three rooms. I already have it in the two new rooms. for the third room, I need suggestions (based on what types of rooms are in the network already..I want something different). Should it be space mountain room or pirate cannon room? I will let someone know when I am done and figure out the teleporter swapping dealie. Can you tell which is a "beginning" and "ending" teleporter? I just started this so i'm still new at this building stuff. Also are the teleporters like the regular ones, meaning we have to figure out which match? Or do they match according to the order you place them in?

Thanks in advance for answers. I talked to Moussedude today after riding the awesome ride and was told to contact Blizzard. I will let ya know when my ride is ready (I will do my best but I am very bad at this kind of thing....I'm sure my rooms won't be the coolest but I'll try to put my creative hat on...after only a few hours sleep LOL). Going to work on it now!

So just let me know (everyone) whether I should use Pirate Cannon Room or Space Mountain Room for the third part. Also tell me if making my ride in three rooms is too much: since it will be connected to the DIS network, should I only use one room?

Also I really really like the Small World idea, even if it was a joke. We really should dress a certain way (like 3 people in each room...one all in blue, one all in pink, one all in green, or whatever...you get the idea) and dance, wave, and maybe sing as people go by! Or instead of singing 'it's a small world' we can each have two or three lines that we say, like real audio-animatronics. The lines could fit the room's theme (ex: in the pirate room someone could say " a pirate's life for me" and someone else could say "arg matey"! in a space room, we could have people in space suits saying spacey things. Or whatever...you get the point.). We would have to stand on crates and stay still (except for waving and dancing) to make the effect real. The more I think on it, the better the idea sounds! Let's do it, DIS!!!!!

~Mia~

P.S. OT: I like the button that only allows friends to enter, but there should also be a button for not allowing ANYONE in. This way we can work on our rooms without being distracted and the rooms can be kept a surprise until they are ready! Also I felt bad last night when I was rushing to make a ride ten minutes before close and had to boot a couple of friends, since I did not have time to chat with them. Good suggestion to send to the black hole, eh?

the room count for the ride is now up to 15.

I just got finished adding a halloween room to the loop. (we couldnt leave out the pumpkins now could we?) :rotfl2:

Edit: Mia (and others) to be part of the loop, you can NOT have the "allow only friends" button checked on your rooms, or the loop will not work correctly. While you are working it is fine, but once you are in the loop, you can not have it on.

Also, people inadvertantly jump off the ride in VERY weird places lol. Try to make sure you have at least one entry (on in their case re-entry) point in every room you do. ;)

Woot!
3.gif
Way to go Dis Peeps!
3.gif

This ride is amazing....it is SO good that it attracted a few new riders:
vmkonride.jpg

(VMK_Mocha, VMK_Zev and HOST_Phinny LOVE our rooms :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter