DIS lime green paint chips at Home Depot

Hidden_Mickey

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I've seen this discussed before but can't remember the details. Are the chips already Hidden Mickey shaped or do I have to shape them? What exactly do you do with them?

TIA

:disrocks:

The Mickey chips are squared but have the Mickey-shaped head in the center. Many people use them to decorate their doors at Disney resorts or sometimes laminate them and hang them from their backpacks, luggage, or purses. There is a way to peel them off, but I'm not sure how.:confused3

The Mickey head is pre-printed on a square card. I've been in Home Depot several times in the past week (connection in our plumbing exploded at 3AM WHAT FUN!) and once I stopped and looked at them just to see what they were. I didn't grab any, but they're there!

I wonder if whoever manufactures that paint/those paint cards ever wonders why they go through so many of the lime green ones! :rotfl:

Got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sneakest thing i've ever done! I managed to get away with 19 of them! Now I just have to figure out how to use all of them!:rotfl: :rotfl:

I wonder if whoever manufactures that paint/those paint cards ever wonders why they go through so many of the lime green ones! :rotfl:

I never thought of that!:rotfl2: I actually use a vatiety of colors in scrapbooks, but yeah...I wonder how often they need to re-stock and re-print the lime green ones?!?! Although I doubt it's a very popular paint sample otherwise, so maybe it evens out in the end?

I've lurked on the boards for a few years before I actuallly joined and started posting, so maybe I missed this...Where does the lime green come from? I know it is a great way to identify a fellow DISer, but does the color itself symbolize anything.

I've wondered this about the focker fingers as well.

Thanks!

Do you have to buy them, or are they free samples?

I believe that lime green was chosen because it is an unusual color, but has no other significance.

Yes, what is the Focker thing?! I wondered about that too!

My thoughts exactly! it took a bit to read, and I didn't read most of it. But it was fun and cool, and the newbie link really helped me understand!

I really HATE the people who take large (>20 or so) quantities of them. They're not there for you to use as decorations. They may not be expensive, but they have some cost to them.

How do you peel them off? :confused3

I plan on stealing some soon, but I'm not sure what we're going to do with them. We might just put them on our window and door at the Resort.

How do you peel them off? :confused3

I plan on stealing some soon, but I'm not sure what we're going to do with them. We might just put them on our window and door at the Resort.

put them in water and they come right off

Our Nov. 2006 trip was to welcome home DS from his second tour in Iraq. I used the lime green Mickey heads for each of us and printed on each one "Ask me about my son/brother/husband/grandson Sgt. Ryan Looper, US Army. I laminated them and got adhesive pins for the back @Hobby Lobby. Many CM's asked about it and several gave him free popcorn:: , etc...They all thanked him for his service and he felt really special. Later in the week another Dis'er spotted us (she had them, too) and she kept telling her husband, "See, I told you it was real!" ::yes:: He had the nerve to doubt the power of the lime green Mickey head........truly :sad2:

Was "looking" for paint at Home Depot and just happened to get way too many of the Mickey chips. Oops:rolleyes1 We are using them on our Christmas presents as gift tags. Picked a different color for each person in the family. I am getting so excited just wrapping stuff and using the Mickey heads as gift tags, really sets the mood. Just shipped off most of our presents yesterday for our Saturday arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter