DIS-functional Wonder Peeps Part III revisited

Page 3 again peeps!!!!:eek::sad2:

:rotfl2: I guess counting calories & cutting portions go hand in hand... Over the winter I'd sorta stopped buying lean cuisines / weight watchers & yogurt & was working on cleaning up our leftovers & making more sandwiches for my lunches. I figured it was cheaper to eat a grilled cheese & tomato soup right? HA! Tell the scale that makes good sense!! Counting calories / watching portions is the only way I've ever done it. It DOES take awhile tho to see any progress. I had some popcorn for a snack the other day and I made sure to measure it out with a cup so I could stick to the portion size. I'm hungry all the time now tho! :rotfl: Oh! And I've cut back on my Captain too!:rolleyes1 One drink / day for now! I drink it with diet coke but I'm sure I rack up several calories in a double!:scared: Oatmeal & Special K for breakfast...:sad2: Just writing about it makes me want a snack!! :rotfl:

So I talked DH into getting an Owners Locker! I had my "pretend OL" all packed up to show him and my 3 page list of its contents - about almost 30 Lbs worth of stuff that we can just take to FL & leave next time we go!! I've also been experimenting with some Travel Space Bags. Not sure I like those tho as they wrinkle stuff pretty bad. So I started a thread over on the DVC boards looking for Space Bag users....someone brought up these packing cube things...so I looked into those & decided that I really liked this idea. I found some on clearance on ebags.com so I showed them to DH & he laughed at first but then came around & saw the light as to how they could really help me pack more efficiently. I have this "thing" about moving into hotel room drawers - I just don't do it. Gives me the heebie jeebies. So we live out of our suitcases the whole time...well, they sorta get in the way!! SO...with the packing cubes you roll your clothes (which I've never done but have heard it works good). So I ordered a set for each of us & now I can just open the tops on them so we can see in them & I can just set these cubes into the drawers & we can put the luggage away! Voila! No more heebie jeebies, pack less and more efficient (trying to avoid the airline baggage fees)!!! I may use the space bags for socks & undies & bathing suits - stuff that won't wrinkle up!! OR maybe for dirty laundry. Anyway, I'm REALLY TRYING HARD to cut back on how many bags we take. I'm sure we can do carry-ons for this trip in May....now 10 days in August might require that we check 1 large bag. But I'm trying not to go over that!!

I hear ya, Annie. I had wanted to lose about 10-15 lbs before the cruise(ok 10 was more realistic), but its almost here and I'm only at about 6-7 lbs. :confused3 And this is still more than I was AFTER the cruise last year. UGH UGH! I think I need 3 weeks of boot camp.

annie - don't put your suitcases on the floor when you are in the hotel!!!

I watched a story on bedbugs and that is how you bring them home...they crawl in the corners of your bag and come home with you and then have manymanymany babies!!!

Use the racks or put your suitcase in the hotel drawers

i am doing pretty good..i wish the swelling would go down so I don't look perpetually 3 months pregnant!

WOW....guess our thread is 'bout dead...found us back on page 4!!!

It's been a rough week with Woody getting so sick so fast and dying. I am glad it didn't drag on & on & on but it was such a shock. And poor Buzz....he has lost his brother & playmate. Woody wore a bell on his collar so it's really quiet around here. Buzz has been extra super talkative tho. As if he's asking "Where's Woody?":sad1:

I packed up my "Disney Box" today (finally) to see if everything would fit for our Owners Locker. :eek: OMG... BARELY....I had to get DS to sit on it while I taped it up. Then I weighed it...another shocker!! I had expected about 35 Lbs....but NO-O-O!!! 44 Lbs!!! But hey, that's 44 Lbs of stuff that will stay behind in FL. I am using a box to ship it that is 24 x 20 x 10.5 (54.5" linear inches). The Owners Locker is 22 x 20 x 13 (55 linear inches). So I hope I can get it packed up the same. I mean, it's basically the same size, right? So everything SHOULD fit. I just can't ADD anything else!!:scared1:

I ordered these packing cube things from eBags.com and am going to try to go in carry-ons! :rotfl: Yeah. Right huh?! :rotfl2: I am sure we can get by with carry-ons on long weekend trips and hope to only check maybe one bag on our longer vacations with these things. I just hate that the airlines are charging for all luggage these days. Of course I have done some of my "test packing" with them. I am going to roll clothes now for them rather than folding. Just toodling around with them I was able to get 3 pr. of capris & 8 pr. of my shorts in one of the Large size ones. I got a total of 10 of my T-shirts & summer tanks into a Medium size. The Larges are 17.5x12.75x3.25 and the Mediums are 13.75x9.75x3. So I can pretty easily fit 1 large & 1 med. in a carry-on + a few (say 3) pr. of shoes. If I cut back on shoes I can actually fit 2 larges in a carry-on. One for tops & one for bottoms.... I am excited to try them out on our trip in a couple of weeks!

Speaking of trips....Miss Katie's is approaching FAST!!!! Wow! That time FLEW by!!!

OK, somebody come talk to me on here!!

Well it does appear that Facebook has finally killed our DIS thread. We really miss all of you. I hope that the Invisible Man had a wonderful birthday this week. We will have to get together for dinner soon. :goodvibes Ophie and I have had a busy May. June should be a bit calmer.

Hoping that all is well with everyone.:):grouphug:

Wow! :( I just realized I hadnt been here forever. FB is great, but I miss our thread, so I just wanted to say... :wave:

I miss our thread as well, Katie. Facebook is fun but we don't connect with each other as much there.

Maybe when we have our next cruise planned (2011).... '11 cruises should be announced in December, yes?

Oh Gosh golly gee! I was so lonely & I got tired of talking to myself over here!!!! (And no Captain was involved!!):lmao:

So Phyillis, I take it you are planning to go on the Wonder in 2011 regardless of where she's going?? I really want to go on one of the new ships... Oh Waaaaa!! We need rumors & hints from Sue Ellen... What to do?:confused3

I can't believe it's been just almost a year since our cruises last summer...I got an email today from Air Tran saying that our reward points would be expiring in 45 days!! I was like WHOA! So I checked and with our flights from going down over Memorial Day we have enough points for a one-way upgrade to Business Class!! :banana: Yay!! But so the credits expire before we fly again in August so I have to redeem the rewards for vouchers in July & then the vouchers will be good for a year...so then 24 hrs. before our flight down in August I can call and see if there's availability for an upgrade!! That would be so cool!! Cross your fingers & throw some pixie dust this way!!!

OK...back to FB.....

Well, we were only 1/2 down on page 3 this time!:rolleyes:

My Mom found a kitten...she's wondering if we'd want it. Trying to decide if it's too soon after Woody dying...letting Jared decide... Hard decision...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter