DIS-functional Wonder Peeps Part III revisited

Page 3 is indeed sad!! I have had a couple of dr. appts. this week and have been on the phone a lot trying to get tests approved thru our stoopid HMO. Have been running a lot of errands...putting my "Disney Box" together as I am trying to convince DH we should try out Owners Locker.

Monday I went to see a Neurologist...3 of my fingers on my left hand have been "asleep" lately (all day, every day) so I decided it was time to move on to another type of doctor. I do not have a whole lot of faith in the guy, really, but he had the first opening I could find. Plus I still get that awful pain in my back when I stand and my tailbone is still hurting. Never got any answers from my Xrays on those 2 problems so the Neurologist wants me to get 2 MRI's... The place he WANTED me to go to for the MRI's would not do 2 on the same day. So I called the radiologist place closest to where I live and where I usually go for my mammograms etc. (which I had last week) and they WILL do both on one day... But this stoopid doc. doesn't seem to know how to work with them AND the insurance co. to get the pre-authorizations.:headache: SO-O many phone calls already. And the little girl who works his desk calls and doesn't leave messages for some reason. If you don't answer she just hangs up. She's killing me. He thinks I have a pinched nerve in my left elbow and the back pain is probably from a disk and the tailbone pain could possibly be a tumor (but not the kind to worry about he said)!:confused3 OK. Sure. When I go back next time at the end of the month he wants to do one of those electrical test things on my left arm like what they do for carpel tunnel. Oh, and the tendonitis is back in my right arm. So today I went back to see the Orthopedic doc again for another shot of cortizone. He says I can only have 2 more in a years time in that same spot so I gotta make this one last longer somehow.:sad2: I told him about the left elbow / sleeping fingers and he said I probably need to splint it out straight. Great. WHAT NEXT!!!????

Oh. My Mom fell on Saturday and broke her right ankle (fell off some porch steps and stepped into a hole). Their little hospital didn't have an ortho. doc. on call over the weekend so all they did was wrap it up. She went to see someone on Monday and had surgery yesterday (finally) - she got 5 pins or screws or whatever and a cast (finally)!! One pin will come out in 4 weeks and she'll have to keep the other 4.:scared: I cannot believe it was that bad of a break and they made her wait 4 days to get it fixed.:sad2: I am sure my Dad will have his hands full now tho. She has to stay off of it completely until Monday I think and since it's her right ankle she won't even be able to drive.:sad2:

Well, that's all of my scoop.....

I'm sure RJ is enjoying her first born being home....

Cheri - how's the party planning going??

Sue Ellen - how's Steve doing by now??

Annie, a few years ago, I had tingling and numbness in the fingers in my hand and the doctor determined I had a pinched nerve in my neck. He had me take physical therapy (stretching and heat treatments) It went away after a few weeks. I haven't had a reoccurance since then.:wizard:

Holy cow, Annie! You are falling apart! Get fixed soon before your next trip.

Tonight is our big Pizza Bingo night at school, Woohoo! :rolleyes: But I am excited beause my friend from NY is coming back to visit and her and 3 of her 4 daughters are coming along.

Tomorrow night Colt has a bday party to go to and our neighbor is having a St Pattys day party, so this is just and insane weekend. Sad thing is next week is the same type of stuff...2 parties in 2 days. Things have been crazy! I want to do nothing!

Hey ya'll...just a bump back to page 1....

Had my MRI's this morning. They seemed to take forever...my back was killing me by the time they finished the first one. Guess I'll find out about them next week when I go back to see the Neurologist doc.

The deer came and nibbled on some of my day lillies & ate off all of my tulips out back the other night so I worked outside all yesterday afternoon. Started mulching my perennial beds. DH went to Home Depot & got some netting stuff and wire & built some arches over some of my beds to hopefully keep the deer from eating any more. I don't know what will happen to my tulips now since they feed off of their foliage for the next year and now they don't have any foliage left.:confused3 These particular ones are late blooming so the flower stems weren't up yet...just leaves. Anybody have experience with damaged tulips??

i am here..debating on if I should post my new hair for mom or wait for her to see it this weekend>?

It does look great Betsy! Seriously, I don't think I would have recognized you if I didnt know it was you. It really is different!

OK, just a bump off of page 3!!

Cheri - how's Grandma?:hug:

Betsy - when is your surgery?:scared:

Sue Ellen - how's Steve by now?

Sean - how are Linda and your Dad?

Anne - where are the pics of the new kitchen? :confused3

dfdjak0gbz6biubn_xlg.jpg

Bad lighting..but you get the idea

Sean - how are Linda and your Dad?

Linda is doing very well, feeling no more side pain. Dad is doing better they found the source of the bleeding today and put in 12 clips to stop the bleeding and they also used epinepherene so it lessens the chance that it will bleed again, but he is still a high risk to bleed again because of his cancer history, so they are monitoring him in the ICU for now, just in case he bleeds again they can pick it up fast and get him into surgery.

I just wanted to say on behalf of my family, we want to Thank You all for your prayers and thoughts for my Dad in his time of need. He is a strong man but without all the prayers, thoughts and support he would have never made it through...:grouphug:

Just giving us a quick bump back to reality.... HELLLOOOO out there!!!

Checking in, gang. How's everyone doing? As I'm sure you have seen on FB, this past week I have been working like a maniac. Starting to catch up now though, so thats nice.

So this thread is 'bout dead 'eh?

I went back to the neurologist yesterday. Results of my MRI's and EMG are that I have a bulging disc in my back and a pinched nerve in my elbow. Nothing conclusive about my tailbone...at least he said no tumors and it's not twisted which leaves a nerve problem (I don't have much padding on it he said!:rotfl:) So he wants me to be religious about taking the Naproxen & Arthritis Tylenol anti-inflamatories twice a day for a couple of weeks. (I've been only taking them when my arthritis was acting up badly.) He may also have me try the Lyrica again in a couple of weeks. Dunno yet. Also, need PT for the back problem and elbow...which the Ortho guy already wanted me to do for the Tendonitis in my right elbow. SO-O I have an appt. with a PT in a little while to see about all 3 things (both elbows but for diff. reasons and my back). I want to see if I can do "one stop shopping" for a couple of weeks with it and then just get some exercises I can do at home. My co-pays are ridiculous so I can't go for very long and certainly need to get it all combined into one trip if I can. If not, I will have to pick one problem and forget the rest. Daryl's company just passed out paycuts the other day so NONE of this crap is good on top of how we were already living.:headache: It just never seems to stop does it?:confused3 Grrrrr.

Hope that everyone is healin' up good. If we arent careful we are going to ruin our ability to go Disney commando style. Take of yourselves! :sad2:

Latest Injury - right thigh muscle strain while running. Ultrasound was negative for blood clots so that is good news.:)

Boy oh boy...the peeps are fallin' apart!!! No blood clots is good!!! ;) I go back to PT tomorrow...DS has been my personal therapist this week with my home exercises...timing me when I have to hold stretches etc. He thinks it's fun so OK, fine!:rotfl: I have about 40 min. worth of exercises to do every day for this so it does make the time pass quicker if he's around... One thing the PT did last week was use a heating pad on my back and ice on my elbow....along with some electrical shock therapy...anyway, I have been sitting on a heating pad for about an hour at a time 3-4 times a day - using it on my VERY LOWER LOWER back and oddly enough, although I don't notice any help with the disc it DOES seem to be theraputic on my tailbone pain!!! SO-O hey, it may be an unexpected bonus but at least it's working on something!! :laughing:

Betsy - how are you doing by now?? How long will you be off work??

Only six weeks until DS's surprise trip! I can't wait! :woohoo: Am trying to decide if I should go ahead & order AP's or wait until we go!? I am afraid they will sock us with an unexpected price increase. I know they usually raise them in August...but I feel like you just never know what to expect these days.... Hummm... Any thoughts or previous experiences???

OK, off to go down to Rockville to Old Navy with DS in search of size 14 slims with adjustable waist jeans!! CANNOT find this size at Kohl's, Wal-Mart or JCP (Target NEVER has slims). The boy needs a couple pair of pants and since he's off for spring break he may as well go with me to try them on so I don't have to do the "buy and return later" thing!!!!:rolleyes1

i am here..Mom is staying here with me this week

I am hoping to go back next week

Yikes! I hope you all are recovering well.

And since this thread does get such little action now I will be ahead of myself and wish everyone a Happy Easter. Is anyone doing anything good?

Headin' for page 4 here!!:scared1:

Sigh....Is is possible to lose 10 Lbs in 5 weeks by counting calories??? Betsy? You've done so well holding off your weight - any advice???!!!

Annie - I didn't have ANY luck counting calories..I tried that for a month and didn't lose a pound
the quickest way to lose weight fast is to cut your portions in half..eat several meals a day to boost your metabolism and use weights to build for lean muscle..lean muscle burns more calories
Do some arm and core workouts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter