DIS-functional Wonder Peeps Part III revisited

I saw Boston on the Today show this morning! BRR!!! That is crazy!!

But going from 80's to 30's in one day is crazy!! and this wind!! The trees were beating on the windows all night!

Im glad you did! ;) We had like 5 hours straight storm coverage...like it never freakin snows here? Silly! :rolleyes:

Oh Katie! :hug: Ya'll are gettin' TOO much snow up there this winter! It's like a record now or something isn't it??

Betsy - is it supposed to stay cold down there all week?? One of my Aunts & Uncles just went down yesterday for the week...I think to around Ft. Lauderdale or something. I hope they escaped to SOME sort of warmth!

I am paranoid that I will say something stoopid in front of DS & blow his surprise trip... So of course there's no school today 'cuz of the snow...but it's been a week since I'm sure the princiPAL got my letter that I wrote. How long would you expect it to take to hear back from him as to whether or not he will approve DS being off???:confused3

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?la...ubs=0&did=1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?la...ubs=0&did=1631

First steel cutting for Disney Cruise Line

Mickey Mouse in Papenburg

First steel cutting for Disney Cruise Line

Papenburg, March 2, 2009 - Start for the construction of the first cruise ship for the American cruise operator Disney Cruise Line (Orlando/USA) in Papenburg. On the 2nd of March, 2009 MEYER WERFT launched the production of the first steel plate for the new and innovative Disney cruise ship.

With this moment one special guest might not be absent: Mickey Mouse, Disney's symbolic figure. Disney Cruise Line’s President, Karl Holz, managing director Bernard Meyer and the project manager Philip Gennotte and Frank de Heer as well as Mickey Mouse pressed the start button of the automated plasma torch and initiated the start of construction work.

The name of the new Disney cruise ship has yet to be announced. However, it is certain that the design of the ship will strongly keep to classic models from the 30s. By the planning of the new ship generation the responsible engineers and designers got inspired by the transatlantic liners. These had a mighty black body, two big funnels and portholes. Externally the ship will carry the colours of Mickey Mouse similar to their current fleet. The cabins are generous and family-friendly designed.

Until 2012 MEYER WERFT will deliver two new cruise ships to Disney Cruise Line. Each of these ships has a length of 340 metres and is 37 metres wide. With 128,000 GT and 1,250 cabins the new ships will be considerably bigger than the present Disney ships.

Of course now I am going to have to ask my sister if she can visit the port while she is living in Germany to see how are new ships are progressing. :thumbsup2

Sean - Thanks for the youtube link! That was cool to see.:thumbsup2 I am crossing my fingers for 2 things! Well, 3 things. First, I hope they will let us xfer our onboard booking we did last summer to the new ships. Otherwise, we won't be able to go and that will suck. Second, I hope the new ships will have some SPH & SV rooms like the old ships so we can bargain hunt for a room!! Third, I hope they offer an itinerary we actually want to do!! Anxious to find out if the first new ship will replace the shorter Wonder cruises or the longer Magic itineraries.:confused3

(Wonder if SueEllen gets any scoop?????????)

I heard one of the new ships might be based in San Diego

That might make "Casa Knebel" a pre-cruise party stop!

I heard one of the new ships might be based in San Diego

That might make "Casa Knebel" a pre-cruise party stop!

I think they will take A ship to the west coast somewhere...either SD or LA but I've read that initially, the new ships are dedicated to be based in Port Canaveral (signed a deal to keep them there for like 3 years or something). PLUS the new ships won't fit thru the Panama Canal until it's widened (around 2014 I think). So I think the new ships going there will have to wait awhile....
(But I agree that a pre-cruise sailaway party with Phyllis sounds like fun!)

On another programming note, has it warmed up yet in FL this week!???!

it was 48 when I went outside this morning..so no..not really

But it should be back in the high 70's for the weekend!

I think they will take A ship to the west coast somewhere...either SD or LA but I've read that initially, the new ships are dedicated to be based in Port Canaveral (signed a deal to keep them there for like 3 years or something). PLUS the new ships won't fit thru the Panama Canal until it's widened (around 2014 I think). So I think the new ships going there will have to wait awhile....
(But I agree that a pre-cruise sailaway party with Phyllis sounds like fun!)

On another programming note, has it warmed up yet in FL this week!???!

I read that in the Orlando Sentinel about the new ships being contracted for Port Canaveral until 2015. I suspect the Magic and Wonder will be the ships changing itineraries often. The big bucks in cruising is still Carribbean related. So, for the new ships, we will probably be stuck with similar stuff to what there is now but at least you get to go to Castaway Cay! :woohoo:

Just a bump to save us from hitting page 3!!!!!!!! :scared1: Hello? Where's all da peeps??:confused3

the port of San Diego has annouced that they are in talks to have the Disney ship come here (the Magic I hope I hope). The port the way it is now is that passengers are processed in a tent instead of the awesome terminal Disney has in Canaveral. Some see this as a ploy by Disney to get a better deal from the San Pedro area in LA. If, in fact, we do get MY boat, Casa Evil Kneviel will in fact become party central (for those who can FLY here, Bets :hug: ). As soon as we have confirmation, we will start accepting reservations - all requests for the Beano/RJ Suite will have to be processed thru them.

:sad2: No more peeps!

Well, I am officially entering a slight panic mode.... DS's "outdoor ed" 6th grade camp is Mon-Wed. So I am glued to the weather forecast and am trying to label & pack for him. The weather forecast for this weekend is warm (low 70's) and then still warmish for Monday (upper 60's I think) and then 50's on Tues. The problem is that there is some rain forecast too. None of the local weather stations agree on when & how much. So I don't know if I need to pack boots or a raincoat or what. I fear MUD and wet clothes will be the theme!! They take them up there on buses and dump all of their stuff out in the parking lot (suitcases/duffles, sleeping bags, pillows etc) and they have to find their own stuff and carry it thru the woods to their cabins!! So of course I'm picturing duffles being drug up a muddy path in the woods...not to mention the sleeping bag & pillow getting all wet). :scared: :laundy:

My neighbor and I are volunteering up there for the afternoon of the first day (from 1-5:00). I figure that way I can get the low-down (for my own piece of mind). I'm just having a hard time breathing tho 'cuz DS has never spent the nite away from home except a couple of times with Nana (DH's mom). I am gonna miss my baby!!:guilty:

the port of San Diego has annouced that they are in talks to have the Disney ship come here (the Magic I hope I hope). The port the way it is now is that passengers are processed in a tent instead of the awesome terminal Disney has in Canaveral. Some see this as a ploy by Disney to get a better deal from the San Pedro area in LA. If, in fact, we do get MY boat, Casa Evil Kneviel will in fact become party central (for those who can FLY here, Bets :hug: ). As soon as we have confirmation, we will start accepting reservations - all requests for the Beano/RJ Suite will have to be processed thru them.

:rotfl: I'd be happy in a cabana by the pool!!:beach:

Cheri, I talked to Fran this morning. She calls at 9:00 every Sat. morning. She was in San Diego Sat. before last for Kelly's gym meet. She said they went down to the beach (?) and saw the seals. She said it was pup season and there were lots of babies, one they said was only an hour old and still had his umb. cord attached. She said he was so tiny.:love:
Kitchen is finished and final inspection on Mon. Yeah! I don't have one of those fancy phones that takes pictures so I will have to wait for Betsy to come to make pictures. :cool1:

Oh Betsy, get over there and get some pictures going!!! We want to see the Kitchen. :goodvibes So, was it worth all the work?

Cheri, If you could make that 2 cabanas, i'd love oen too. :thumbsup2

Annie, good luck to Jared...and you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter