DIS-functional Wonder Peeps Part III revisited

Whoa! No peeps posting here any more??:sad2:

Nuthin' new here....DH's job is retail so he doesn't have Pres. Day off...just me & DS hangin' out today. No swimming tonight either.

I got a Panini Maker the other day!! I had been eyeing this Hamilton Beach one at Target for a long time...it was only $39 but I wanted to catch it on sale...then there it was last week for like $28 or something...someone had given me a $20 gift card to Target for Xmas so I figured that would almost cover it so why not!? I tried it out yesterday for lunch - I must give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !! I bought this big loaf of of very wide Italian bread from the deli at my grocery store. (For some reason it's not out with the bakery breads - it's one that they use to make the pre-made panini sandwiches that they sell at the deli so I had to ask for it.) Anyway, I threw some stuff together yesterday (ham, monterey jack, pepperoni, provolone, tomato, lettuce & a sqirt of Submarine Dressing) for lunch and they were quite good. I was impressed. I'm going to use it again tonight to make Reubens. :love: It is my new toy!:rotfl:

Annie - I got an Emerils cast iron grill pan on clearance at William Sonoma a few months ago..it was marked down to $12 and I had a few dollars left on a GC card so it came to $8
I made panini's by placing a cast-iron lid on the sandwich to press it..worked great!!
I took grilled chicken strips, chipotle cheddar cheese..yum!

The dessert came out great..I melted dark chocolate and dipped pound cake, bananas and strawberries in it..so yummy! The bananas were the big hit with Kate and Rick

They are off today and going to see Coraline while I work..:mad:

Annie - I got an Emerils cast iron grill pan on clearance at William Sonoma a few months ago..it was marked down to $12 and I had a few dollars left on a GC card so it came to $8
I made panini's by placing a cast-iron lid on the sandwich to press it..worked great!!
I took grilled chicken strips, chipotle cheddar cheese..yum!

The dessert came out great..I melted dark chocolate and dipped pound cake, bananas and strawberries in it..so yummy! The bananas were the big hit with Kate and Rick

They are off today and going to see Coraline while I work..:mad:

Chipotle Cheddar cheese!?! I have never seen that! Where do you find it? My stores don't have it....that sounds great tho! Is it pre-packaged or from your deli counter?? I have only seen pepper jack....which I use to make grilled chix breast sandwiches (with salsa). But I would LOVE Chipotle cheddar!! Once I am done with this loaf of bread I want to go to Panera Bread to try some Ciabatta or Sourdough next. I have also had some good breads from the Super Walmart...but it is not close to me. I am anxious to experiment with some diff. breads on it. This loaf I bought the other day was ridiculously expensive (like $4.99). It was a BIG loaf but Panera's breads are cheaper than that!!

I think it is Sargento..sold in slices with the prepackaged cheese slices usually hanging in the cheese section
00136.jpg

Yes! The Mafia! Why aren't you & Betsy playing Mafia and Pirates????:confused3 We NEED you! LOL...

DS brought home paperwork today for 7th grade registration. His math teacher has recommended him for Algebra I which is a HIGH SCHOOL credit course!! In this class he will take the HS Assessment and have 2 semester exams. Then he would take the state required HSA and the 7th grade MSA. Then in 8th grade he would move on to Honors Geometry! I don't know that I am ready for my baby to be taking HS credit classes!!:eek: He's still only 11!!!!:scared:

Must also figure out which band he should take (they have a couple). Might need some input from the band teacher on that one.:confused3 He will also be able to take Spanish next year.

OK, so DH and I have hatched a plan. How crazy are we?

DS's birthday is May 18 - the week B4 Memorial Day. We'd like to break the big birthday party routine. I already talked to him about not planning a party this year - I just said we'd do something special with just the 3 of us. He said that was fine as long as he could have cake with melted chocolate over it!:rotfl: We thought we could just surprise him with a quick trip to WDW instead.

I'm just tired of the stress & planning & wondering who's gonna RSVP...plus parties are a lot of $. Can easily spend $300 for 10 or 12 kids to play laser tag or rock climb and feed 'em pizza & cake.:sad2: OK, so I started fare watching. My alert from Kayak.com this morning has flights on Air Tran for $129 RT ($387 for the 3 of us)!!! See where I'm going with this? We could start our AP's earlier rather than waiting for Aug. I think August to August is the best plan for those but....COULD do May. Then we'll use 'em again in August & probably again for spring break (maybe) next year. Best value would be Aug 'cuz we'd use 'em this summer for a week then next sp. break then next summer for a week....but....not a total waste if we start them in May.:confused3

Problem with this airfare is the flight times are not perfect. To get that price we'd have to leave at 2:10 on Friday (DS could go to school for a couple of hours and get credit for 1/2 day but I'd have to send a note that he has a doc. appt. or something) and then coming home we'd have to stay THRU Monday and come home on Tues - so I'd have to call him in sick on Tues. He could not tell anybody at school that he went to Disney for his birthday.:rolleyes1

DVC opens at 9:00. I checked yesterday - they still had a handful of studios left at Saratoga Springs...I would want to call them back first B4 booking flights to be sure we have a ressie...

Thoughts? Opinions? Go for it? Quick!! What would you do? If we went in the evening on Friday or if we came home on Mon eve. the flights would go up to $99 pp ea way rather than $54 pp ea way. Not such an affordable get-a-way at those prices. I mean, not HORRIBLE...but certainly not as good as $129 RT.

(Oh, and the other problem would be IF I actually found a job...I'd have to ask for this time off in addition to the Aug. trip....)

I'm not in the Mafia because FB has taken up my Dis time as it is, I cant get into any of that stuff. No time for games. No way no how. ;)

That sounds like a good plan Annie, but I'd just tell the teachers hes missing a day and a half for a trip. Being such a short time I would think it would be ok. Its not like its a week. And I know Cam....there is no way he could not say anything about it. And think, if you lie about it you can't post pics on FB. :lmao:

I'm not in the Mafia because FB has taken up my Dis time as it is, I cant get into any of that stuff. No time for games. No way no how. ;)

That sounds like a good plan Annie, but I'd just tell the teachers hes missing a day and a half for a trip. Being such a short time I would think it would be ok. Its not like its a week. And I know Cam....there is no way he could not say anything about it. And think, if you lie about it you can't post pics on FB. :lmao:

I pulled out a copy of the attendance policy. It says that vacations are unexcused and they may not be permitted to make up missed work!!! Very strict here once they're out of Elem. School! When he was in Elem. School I think I could do that. I could just be honest about it. But not in MS...diff. rules. That's why I am hesitant...but holy crap. It's for his BIRTHDAY present and is instead of a party. I grabbed the studio and am pacing about booking the airfare... I wanted DH to check at his work first to be sure it's not a problem...but am afraid the air will change while I wait!

OK, it's Wed. Hump Day! Where is everyone today? Trip is booked. I'm paranoid but it's too late. I think I will call the school anonymously tomorrow and ask some hypothetical questions. The CM gave me a phone # to the Disney Cake Line! Who knew there was such a thing!?:confused3 I am going to see if I can arrange for this cake he wants with the melted chocolate on it!:rolleyes:

if you want to go, I can get presale for you!!

He is AWESOME!
That means I better check WPB for tickets!

I can not fly to california before school starts..
Can have mommy die in a firey crash before she starts middle school!

I can not fly to california before school starts..
Can have mommy die in a firey crash before she starts middle school!

Yeah, that should definitely wait until after back to school night. ;) Trust me Besty, I'm as afraid of flying as they come, but if I can do it, so can you! Think of the end result. :thumbsup2

fiery crashes?:sad2: :confused3

ok...so I'm am officially a crack pot. i got so paranoid about calling DS in sick for this b-day trip we planned for him that i actually went out & found a pay phone by the Blockbuster today and called the school anonymously (just in case they used called ID to record me).:rolleyes1 I wanted to ask how to go about getting an "administrative exception" for DS to miss "legally" rather than call him in sick. i spoke to the attendance secretary. she started demanding to know who my son was and i got REALLY paranoid and told her i didn't want to say and she kept saying it was ok & i was like NO and she was like it's OK to tell me and so i finally told her i was calling from a pay phone (FREEZING cold out there) and she was OMG. i finally broke down & told her his name & she was like well, i don't know who he is so that means he doesn't have an attendance problem. i was like he hasn't missed AT ALL. so she told me to write a letter to the principle & explain what we are doing, when & why & maybe he will excuse him. i feel better not lying...but would feel even better still if he will approve the absence.:rolleyes:

hahah!

Annie - I always send a letter saying we had to leave town on a family matter..meaning..our family needs a vacation!!

So, I added another day to our May trip...We are at the Wilderness Lodge unless something else goes on sale before then. SueEllen did get us an upgrade! Passholder rates came out for bunkbed/courtyard views!!

OMG, Annie! A pay phone??? I am cracking up!!!:lmao:

Great job on the upgrade, Betsy/Sue Ellen!:thumbsup2

OMG, Annie! A pay phone??? I am cracking up!!!:lmao:

I know, right?!:rolleyes1 I'm just glad that Betsy pointed out my principle / principal goof before I wrote the letter addressed to the princiPLE not the princiPAL!!:lmao: How embarrasing THAT could've been!? :scared: It's bad enough I blabbed it wrong all over FB for the world to see!:goodvibes

I am freezing. I am so ready for it to warm up. The weather guy on TV said our avg. temp. is supposed to be like 48 or 49 by this weekend...but today is like 30 and WINDY so it's a cold wind chill out there. The ice finally melted on my pond last week....I can't wait for it to warm up enough to get it running again. I usually drain & clean it in March sometime. Like during the first WARM stretch we get. I found my daffodils poking thru this week. No signs of tulips yet...but daffodils are a start!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter