DIS-functional Wonder Peeps Part III revisited

Hey Peeps,

Need a little help figuring out where to stay after the we go on the Member Cruise, we our torn between Beach Club or Saratoga Springs.. Please vote and help us make our decision. Thanks

Between those two..BC!!! The pool is AMAZING!!!:thumbsup2

Wait a minute??? When are you going to be there, Sean? We are at ASSP 8/27-9/1 and 9/1-9/5 at BC. :hyper: If its those dates, definitely go for the BC! :thumbsup2

Oh bummer! Cam is going to be so bummed...we are just missing Jared AND Tyler now. :sad2: We need to plan better. ;)

RJ, I dont see a ticker for you. What is this Betsy talks about???

Hola Peeps! I'm BAAACK! And mostly in one piece!:rolleyes: The house where we stayed was really nice...WAY up on top of the mountain - but it only had dial-up and it was so slow nobody could connect to anything. It always timed out so I didn't get online at all. Kinda weird to be out of touch like that.

I am really, really glad I went to the Orthopedic doc the other day. The Corizone shot REALLY helped my elbow a lot. But then I woke up with a cold on Saturday morning which sucked. The cold kinda kept my drinking in check tho as I felt dehydrated from the cold meds and really just wanted lots of water. Overall, it was a great weekend...COLD tho! Mid-teens to 20 degrees most of the time we were there. Saturday was the worst...12 degrees, snowing and windy. We had like 14 people in a 6 man hot tub one night! :crowded: It was so cold the steam froze into icicles in our hair! :rotfl2:

Of course I had some more "user error" with my boots...did not have the right one tight enough on Sunday and I rubbed a raw spot on the inside of my ankle bone & bruised my big toe. It is completely blue underneath the nail and bruised behind it about 1/4". DH thinks I will lose the whole nail in a few months. :sad2: NICE. Just in time for summer!! My skiing improved only slightly from last year. The first 2 days were like starting all over again since it had been almost a year. This resort is on a much bigger mountain than the little local place we went to on those day trips last year & I was a little afraid of going over the edge! :rotfl: I mean, I know my little green trails are NOTHING, really, but they're all I am up for, esp. if they get narrow or they are icy. I am afraid of going too fast & don't like them too steep yet and am terrified of the edge. I discovered that the faster you go the harder you fall!:rotfl::lmao: I had a couple of real doozies.:lmao: I have a big purple bruise on my right thigh the size of a clementine.:scared: I hope we can get out again tho sometime next month for another day trip. School ended up being cancelled today for a winter storm watch which is good we didn't have to call DS in sick...but it doesn't seem to have amounted to a whole lot around here. I think they botched the call to close. The roads are fine.

Sean - good luck deciding where to stay...we haven't tried SSR yet and are trying BCV this summer...mostly I wanted to go there for the pool (SAB). I think DS will really like it. We own at SSR and have toured the model...it is not exactly our "style" of decor. We bought there 'cuz it was a great deal at them time...but will probably only stay there anytime we need to make an 11 mo. ressie for a hard to get time, like over a holiday or spring break.

So, what else did I miss since Friday?:confused3 The thread seems to have been pretty quiet....

Sean - good luck deciding where to stay...we haven't tried SSR yet and are trying BCV this summer...mostly I wanted to go there for the pool (SAB). I think DS will really like it.

Oh forgot to tell you that this a no kids vacation for us... yay

If she tries to exercise any type of veto we can get a cardboard standup of her to stand next to Rick. He was all for Hawaii and I haven't heard of any airplane issues with him. ;)

Betsy

I say we be democratic about your vow renewal and vote!!:rotfl2:

All in favor of Hawaii say "AYE":rotfl2:

Or Aloha! Betsy - everybody should go to Hawaii at LEAST once in their lifetime!:thumbsup2 I am SURE that DVC will also have a "wedding pavilion" at the new resort!! It is TOO hot of a destination for them to not have something really super special set up for this there! A lot of people go to Hawaii for a "destination wedding" and then stay on for their honeymoon.

OK, so we got freezing rain overnite on top of our 2 or 3 inches of snow so EVERYTHING is cancelled today as far as schools. DS is lucking out...but I think this might possibly be their last "built in" snow day in the school calendar. I don't know if they allow for 3 days or 5. If it's only 3 then they will start tacking on more days in June after this if they close again. Guess I should find out huh? DH left for work awhile ago...hoping he makes it OK. It looks really scary out there. I am glad I don't have to go anywhere. I can hear cars out there spinning & gunning their engines 'cuz they're stuck etc. When they drive by it's all crunchy sounding.:scared: Our port-a-john friend has a big pickup truck with a snowplow blade and he just came thru and broke up the driveway. Oh, and here comes a salt truck! WhooHoo!

The clementine size lump / knot in my bruised leg has gone down now (whew!) but the "pretty colors" have now spread to about the size of my whole hand spread out open. I don't think I've ever had THIS big of a bruise before.:sad2:

OK, so Gert...are you on Facebook now? I have tried to friend you and am not getting the warm fuzzies back in return. What's up chickadee? I"m gettin' a complex here! I get a message that says "when you join".:confused3 I am confused (again)!

If she tries to exercise any type of veto we can get a cardboard standup of her to stand next to Rick. He was all for Hawaii and I haven't heard of any airplane issues with him. ;)

OK good so what dates are we talking here? You know how I like to plan things.:)

Do you think Costco Photo does those cardboard thingies or Shutterfly?? Gonna have to find that first I suppose.:thumbsup2

Annie

Still no facebook. Still thinking about it. Not sure I want anyone to find me.:lmao:

I promise I will check it out this week. Stay warm.

We could always get a "Betsy" mask and have someone else stand up next to Rick.

I'm with Annie. Everyone should see HI at least once.

Hey, let's have the ceremony on the big island of Hawaii and then we could get a deal on the reception by having it at my brother's restaurant. Senor Billy's.

I think we'll be available from June 25 - August 6 that year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter