DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just added on 200 points at the Grand Floridian. We know own 1935 points. We have a resale contract in ROFR for 250 more points, but we won't know that for a week or two.

Got the VGF addition. Congratulations :)

I expect to sell some BCV points over the next 8 months.

I just wanted to mention that I predict your BCV points will be super-easy to sell. We've been looking for BCV points-there are very few contracts available and they usually go within a day or two. Sadly, yours are the wrong UY for us. But even if/when we find them, we'll still only be about half-way to 1000 points.

We bought 100 points at GFV (YAY!!). Now we're at 1500.

NEED.... MORE.... POINTS....

As sad as I am to drop to #27 I am happy for all the folks that can add on. I don't see us buying more points but you never know!

Please change our total...we just added on 100 points at the VGF!!!! I am so happy and can I say I have the best DH ever to agree with this purchase!! Our total is now 1,460 and hope to grow it even more when or if Poly DVC comes to fruition.

Please change our total...we just added on 100 points at the VGF!!!! I am so happy and can I say I have the best DH ever to agree with this purchase!! Our total is now 1,460 and hope to grow it even more when or if Poly DVC comes to fruition.

Got it. Congratulations :)

wow...I have never seen this thread till today :goodvibes I am not in your category :worship: but very cool thread....so tell me...how the heck do you use all those points...like those in the over 2,000 mark...

just curious ....I have a measly 400 points ...:rotfl2:

I think I saw a poster on the first page that had like 4500 points ...love the points but get a headache when I think of the yearly fees..how awesome to be able to afford such a gift for yourself and your families :) ENJOY!

[QUOTE="Got Disney";48746906]wow...I have never seen this thread till today :goodvibes I am not in your category :worship: but very cool thread....so tell me...how the heck do you use all those points...like those in the over 2,000 mark...

just curious ....I have a measly 400 points ...:rotfl2:

I think I saw a poster on the first page that had like 4500 points ...love the points but get a headache when I think of the yearly fees..how awesome to be able to afford such a gift for yourself and your families :) ENJOY![/QUOTE]

I only have 1,356 points, and even though there's just the two of us (no kids), we manage to use them up each year. We typically take 4 trips per year, with each trip being 8 nights, and we normally stay in a 1-BR and pick the best view, so the points disappear quickly.

I can see how we'd need even more points if we had a larger family and needed a 2-BR or Grand Villa. I also think those with 4,500 points are probably renting some of those to cover the maintenance fees.

You really have to love going to Disney to be up there at the top of the list. Since the DIS reflects a very small percentage of the DVC membership, it would be interesting for DVC to publish a graph showing the percentage of members who own various amounts of points.

I've been looking forward to writing this post for a few years. We (wife and 2 daughters) just added 295 points at VGF, which gives us a total of 1,095 points!! :cool1: We have 800 at BLT and 295 at VGF. Still want to add about 200 at BLT and enough for a 2-bedroom at the Poly when it opens. But we are set for now.

BLT is our favorite and has sentimental value to us, so we stay there most of the time. We do stays in 1BR, 2BR, GV, and even studios. Just depends on the trip and what else we are doing (and whether family is joining us). We have also used our BLT points to stay a few nights at other resorts, like BWV, WL, and AKV. I really enjoy the boardwalk view at BWV and the Savannah view at AKL, but the contracts do not last as long and we always gravitate back to the monorail line.

VGF purchase was a bit of a surprise for us. I have been to WDW at least 150 times in my life, but I had never stayed at the Grand Floridian. Visited the model, and the rooms look amazing! I actually prefer modern designs, but the VGF rooms are polished, comfortable, and will provide a nice change of pace. We stayed at the hotel for a night to get familiar with the grounds and make sure we would like it. One stop to the MK is a real plus. :thumbsup2

We bought a fixed week for a 1BR standard view in week #46 (the week before Thanksgiving). Since Thanksgiving moves every year to the fourth Thursday of the month, week #46 will always be the full week before Thanksgiving. We really enjoy that week because of the lower crowds and Christmas decorations. :santa: With that being said, we will probably only use the fixed week ocassionally. We love that the fixed weeks gives us the flexibility to opt out, and those points are sufficient to get a 2BR standard view 2 out of every 3 years. Now I just need to add on at the Poly.... :)

I've been looking forward to writing this post for a few years. We (wife and 2 daughters) just added 295 points at VGF, which gives us a total of 1,095 points!! :cool1: We have 800 at BLT and 295 at VGF. Still want to add about 200 at BLT and enough for a 2-bedroom at the Poly when it opens. But we are set for now.

BLT is our favorite and has sentimental value to us, so we stay there most of the time. We do stays in 1BR, 2BR, GV, and even studios. Just depends on the trip and what else we are doing (and whether family is joining us). We have also used our BLT points to stay a few nights at other resorts, like BWV, WL, and AKV. I really enjoy the boardwalk view at BWV and the Savannah view at AKL, but the contracts do not last as long and we always gravitate back to the monorail line.

VGF purchase was a bit of a surprise for us. I have been to WDW at least 150 times in my life, but I had never stayed at the Grand Floridian. Visited the model, and the rooms look amazing! I actually prefer modern designs, but the VGF rooms are polished, comfortable, and will provide a nice change of pace. We stayed at the hotel for a night to get familiar with the grounds and make sure we would like it. One stop to the MK is a real plus. :thumbsup2

We bought a fixed week for a 1BR standard view in week #46 (the week before Thanksgiving). Since Thanksgiving moves every year to the fourth Thursday of the month, week #46 will always be the full week before Thanksgiving. We really enjoy that week because of the lower crowds and Christmas decorations. :santa: With that being said, we will probably only use the fixed week ocassionally. We love that the fixed weeks gives us the flexibility to opt out, and those points are sufficient to get a 2BR standard view 2 out of every 3 years. Now I just need to add on at the Poly.... :)

I enjoyed reading your post! Congratulations on your purchase at VGF!:goodvibes

Got it. Congratulations :)

We have purchased several contracts since my last posting on this thread. When DVC came out to California with the GCV we bought more points because we live in CA. were now up to 1950 pts and our family has a great time every year, we've never regretted our DVC purchase it works for us.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter