DIS doctors, need opinion

Denine

I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny
DD, 7, has been complaining of mid-epigastric pain for more than 24 hours. She says it feels like a knife. She has no fever or nausea. She has an appetite. She says that walking makes it worse. Resting makes it better. Eating has no effect.
She isn't acting like she is in pain, but she is kind of just moping around.

I don't know when she pooped last cause she doesn't remember. She does get plenty of fruits and veggies and fiber though.

She has been having more tummyaches lately. We thought maybe she was worrying too much, but when asked, it doesn't seem like it.

I hate to be an alarmist and call the doctor when everything is so non-specific. I hate to have them do all kinds of expensive tests.

Oh, I gave her kids Pepto yesterday and it didn't do anything.

What would you do or do you have any idea what this may be?

That's what I was thinking I would have to do.

My first concern would be appendicitis. It starts in the middle near the belly button and gradually focuses to the right... Call the doctor.

I called the doctor about this very thing a few weeks ago for DD16. Worried it was appendicits but the doctor said a "bug" or virus was going around and to just keep an eye on her. I didn't know if I believed them but it did end up going its way in a few days.

Someone told me if it was appendicits a test is to have them jump on one foot. They wouldn't be able to do it if it was appendicitis.

Disclaimer - just what I heard, I am not a doctor ;)

appendicitis isn't always pain off to the right. it can be in the center of the belly too. Also, a few people in my family have their appendix's on the left side of their body. my son recently was ruled out for appendicitis, but he was having testicular pain and the dr said sometimes the pain can radiate "down there" for boys. i know that doesn't apply to your daughter, obviously, but just know that it doesn't always present in a textbook manner.

I know from personal experience that appendix pain isn't always textbook. mine was facing backwards! I had it out years ago. My dad's was the same way.

She says it is a bit better.

I guess I would be more apt to call the dr if the pain was more acute. We thought she had appedicitis a few months back, even had her in the ER and they said nope.

She can jump up and down on one leg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter