DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Happy Friday everyone! It was a busy week and I'm looking forward to some rest this weekend. Nothing big going on here...anyone have fun plans?

Just finished last minute packing..wrapping gift baskets for my good friends we visit in Anaheim ! I should have taken pics before I wrapped the baskets but here they are.

Everything in them is from Dollar Tree or 99cents only store.

It's hard to see so included are :

Cars themed candy
Mickey themed candy
Chocolate orange
Mini bottles of sparkling grape juice
Hand sanitizer pack
Hand lotion
Rose "soap" petals
Hershey's kisses
Resses cups
Super Mario gummy snacks
Winnie the Pooh miniatures
Mickey and friends miniatures
Crackers
Friendship magnets

Finshed product :

006_zps0d3c1ca0.jpg

007_zps805e5530.jpg

010_zps2bac08a3.jpg

011_zps0f4a0c26.jpg

I also found these at the 99 cents only store!!
I love vintage Disney

001_zps56d6eff0.jpg

Now i'm tired..lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Rose - Your baskets are beautiful.
Have a magical vacation! :dance3:

Everyone else, have a great weekend. :)

Rose those baskets are really amazing! You have very lucky friends. Thank you for sharing the pictures...have a great weekend and fabulous trip!

I also found these at the 99 cents only store!!
I love vintage Disney

001_zps56d6eff0.jpg

Now i'm tired..lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Rose - your baskets are beautiful. But I am in LOVE with those totes!! I am so into Vintage Disney! Maybe I need to check my 99 cents store!

Hopefully one day i will beable to join you, it sounds like it would be such a fun week, but with being a single mom and my youngest is only 6, my oldest is 15 and there is 2 in between lol, its not possible. i love the vintage mickey totes.
I love the shirts so very pretty.
I will keep reading about your trips though and enjoy the trip through you all.

Hey everyone. So I survived the second boot camp. There were a bunch more people there and my husband and coworker joined me too! I won't get to go Tuesday due to PTO but will be there next Wednesday. This past week has been great. My kids went to Oregon with my mom and my husband and I have had a chance to reconnect. We went out to dinner a few times, to a movie, did the boot camp together and tonight we are cooking a special dinner and watching Skyfall. I haven't seen it yet so am looking forward to it. Well, I need to get to some chores so I can enjoy tonight. Have a great weekend ladies!

So I've had about uh way too many Trader Sam's drinks to count but it was amazing.. Now to dinner and sleep lol. Thanks for the love on my baskets!

Hi, Divas!

Took a few days, but all caught up! (Of course at my age, I won't remember half of what I read. ;) )

I'd love to join you for the 2014 Dis Diva Disneyland trip! Had wanted to go along for the 2010 trip (even had my photo and name added) but life got in the way of fun. This time, all I need is for airfare to cooperate and I'll be there! Disneyland was my first Disney park experience in 1958 when we lived in So CA - of course, visited many times over the years, but sadly the last time was eons ago in 1996 - have been longing to return ever since that last visit.

Will be rooming with my dear DIS friend Marie (chimo2) and I know Linda, Grumpy Grandma as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.:cool1:

What a fun trip this will be...your welcoming spirit sure makes it easier for newbies! :thumbsup2

(P.S. I still miss Angel Dawn :littleangel: - she wrote to me almost immediately when I planned to go the first time, inviting me to spend lots of time with her and her mom so I wouldn't be alone and she continued to keep in touch. She was one the kindest and most joyful people I've met through the DIS. She passed on my birthday... I remember her joyful spirit especially on that day now.)
:cheer2: YEAH!!!!:cheer2: so happy to be having you along As my roomie Christine! :hug: Fingers crossed we get GREAT airfare deals!! I am looking forward to meeting Linda too :) this group of ladies sound like a lot of fun and I am very excited for the trip!
Beth: could you add my dear Christine/Minnie&Nana to my room as my roomie!? Thanks! :yay:

I will not be looking for a room mate as I am still doing home dialysis at this point. ( Transplant office let me know I am at top of list-- after 6 years I should be LOL-- just need to have a good match). No way I would ever ask any one to listen to the machine or me snoring all night long. I need to know who to talk with for booking room.

Patty

Hi!
There is another diva who does PD, might be the perfect room mate match up! :thumbsup2

My husband does home hemo short daily using the NxStage machine. He tried the PD and it didn't work well for him, did in center for many years and had a transplant (I was the donor as a zero HLA match, initial rejection episode 24 hours after surgery that was treated aggressively). Transplant worked well for three years until chronic rejection ultimately caused failure. For my hubby, the meds were really rough that first year and now with NxStage he gets great clearance. Eventually we will have the transplant talk again, but he's not ready and there are no possible donors among our family at this time.
I would NEVER want him to go back to 3x a week death walking zombie in center treatment. No infections, no hospitalizations, no messed up sticks (except for his own oops starting a new buttonhole) and no waiting on someone else's schedule. He has zero to 1 kilo to pull off everyday, no blood pressure meds, no EPO, iron infusion every other month and some awesome labs (except for that pesky phosphorus) -- it's soooo awesome!! :yay:

I hope you get "the call" soon!!

Gentle reminders to everyone, sign that donor statement on your license and let your family know!

And speaking as a living donor, I would do it again if I could. Most hospitals use laparoscopy procedure - couple of punctures and a very small incision below the belly button. Blue ribbon full match is awesome, but they will do zero match with the same blood type. I chose to take a month off, worked preschool at the time. But desk jobs, people go back after two weeks and most employers will cover your leave or give you short term disability (my employer gave me a week paid as a donor). Some states (MN does) give a tax break for donors to help cover costs (lost wages, transportation, child care). And your medical costs for the donation (work up, surgery, aftercare) are covered by the recipients insurance. :)

I am so tired! My mom's car broke down and we were supposed to go to the Alameda Antique Faire today to try and find a dresser for the baby's room. God had other plans. We went to stay the night at her house so I could drive (she lives north of me by 25 minutes.) Last night I woke to horrible Braxton Hicks contractions that had me up and getting sick for 90 minutes and we were supposed to leave at 5 am. I pulled through and we left on time. 15 minutes into the drive my Chevy decided to stop charging the battery, power steering went out, and it overheated. The DH had to come rescue us at 5:30 am! Turns out the serpentine belt popped off and wrapped around the engine fan, all of the water and coolant then ran out, and the water pump died. Ugh! We all drove back up to my mom's to call a tow truck and figure things out. Over $100 to get it towed home so we are trying to get a friend to bring it down - we need the money for the new baby. Sheesh- what a day! At least we are at home now thanks to my Jeep behaving.

I should probably start dinner, but honestly, I would rather go lay down with a book :goodvibes

That sounds awful...I'm glad you had someone to call to come get you and you are all safe.

My weekend was quiet and boring...which is good because I have another busy week at work and I have to work next Saturday too so...

Bless your husbands heart-- bless your heart to. Renal failure is a family illness. I agree, the every other day treatment is the pits, but I sure had lots more time then when I do PD. ( After 5 years had to have a new cath placed on other side. That went good-- but then the Dr. said he pushed to hard on the line that would be for a neck access for Hemo -- yep right thru a major vein or artery. After 7 pints of blood --3 in surgery and 4 36 hours later and a clot the size of texas :) in my chest. I am just fine.) I am sure she is like me and prefers to have her own room. I am glad I can swing paying for my own room exspecially as looks like you are all staying on property.

Wow who would have thought this would happen :). Who ever it is -- Bless your heart and keep up the good work. Doing PD can be work at times --but oh the benefits -- we can travel:)

Yep that dang ole- phos-- I am able to keep mine within limits -- I have issues eating enough protein. I can eat fish and shell fish but have issues with all other even tofu. There is a name for this but I forget what it is-- starts with a P --- I just know that is how I prefer to eat.

I pray your husband continues to thrive doing dialysis that way. For now it is not offered in our area -- may never be with the new changes happening in 2014.

Anyhow I look forward to finally getting to speak to everyone that attends next year.
Hi!
There is another diva who does PD, might be the perfect room mate match up! :thumbsup2

My husband does home hemo short daily using the NxStage machine. He tried the PD and it didn't work well for him, did in center for many years and had a transplant (I was the donor as a zero HLA match, initial rejection episode 24 hours after surgery that was treated aggressively). Transplant worked well for three years until chronic rejection ultimately caused failure. For my hubby, the meds were really rough that first year and now with NxStage he gets great clearance. Eventually we will have the transplant talk again, but he's not ready and there are no possible donors among our family at this time.
I would NEVER want him to go back to 3x a week death walking zombie in center treatment. No infections, no hospitalizations, no messed up sticks (except for his own oops starting a new buttonhole) and no waiting on someone else's schedule. He has zero to 1 kilo to pull off everyday, no blood pressure meds, no EPO, iron infusion every other month and some awesome labs (except for that pesky phosphorus) -- it's soooo awesome!! :yay:

I hope you get "the call" soon!!

Gentle reminders to everyone, sign that donor statement on your license and let your family know!

And speaking as a living donor, I would do it again if I could. Most hospitals use laparoscopy procedure - couple of punctures and a very small incision below the belly button. Blue ribbon full match is awesome, but they will do zero match with the same blood type. I chose to take a month off, worked preschool at the time. But desk jobs, people go back after two weeks and most employers will cover your leave or give you short term disability (my employer gave me a week paid as a donor). Some states (MN does) give a tax break for donors to help cover costs (lost wages, transportation, child care). And your medical costs for the donation (work up, surgery, aftercare) are covered by the recipients insurance. :)

I had a great weekend celebrating Violets 1st birthday. Her party was Minnie themed. I just can't believe how fast her first year went. If all goes as planned I'll be taking her to DL on the 20th.:cool1:

Good Monday morning to you all! It's rainy, gray and windy here. I love it. :love:
Probably won't last all day, but I am enjoying it for now.

Jen, what a headache. Sorry you had to deal with all that. I hate car issues. :headache:

Beth: could you add my dear Christine/Minnie&Nana to my room as my roomie!? Thanks! :yay:
I already had. :thumbsup2

I hope everyone has a great day!

Names are out for the Summer Fun exchange, so check your messages either here or on Facebook for that info. Thanks!! :beach:

Drive by hi!!! Life has been super crazy the past week (or so) and will be for a while. I got my summer exchange name and am super excited, can't wait to shop!!!! :)

I had a great weekend celebrating Violets 1st birthday. Her party was Minnie themed. I just can't believe how fast her first year went. If all goes as planned I'll be taking her to DL on the 20th.:cool1:

I've been seeing the cutest Minnie parties on Pinterest lately! I bet it was really cute :)

Wish I could have signed up for the exchange, but just don't have the money right now. I don't have much, and what I do have, I am saving for our trip. Sad I am missing out on this one though as I LOVE summer. Oh well, next year!

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hope your week is going well so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter