DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

I was looking in the background too, and noticed how many people weren't smiling when that guy was up there with Cruella. I would have been giggling like a little girl if I had witnessed that, haha. I did notice the old man though. How cute.

Let's get back to Mickey's Soundsational Parade. When I left you, Donald Duck had just gone by and next up was the beautiful princess float.

The royal dancers preceded the float.

253.jpg

770.jpg

769.jpg

771.jpg

The pretty float with Snow White, Aurora, Rapunzel, Cinderella & Belle.......one does have to ask if Jasmine was in trouble and that's why she wasn't included in this parade????? :confused3

254.jpg

772.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

774.jpg

775.jpg

257.jpg

259.jpg

261.jpg

260.jpg

777.jpg

779.jpg

I was looking in the background too, and noticed how many people weren't smiling when that guy was up there with Cruella. I would have been giggling like a little girl if I had witnessed that, haha. I did notice the old man though. How cute.

People just need to learn to relax........those moments are what makes Disneyland so fun. They just need to learn to go with the flow......... :goodvibes

The Jungle Beat takes over with Turk and King Louis dancing their way down the parade route.

780.jpg

781.jpg

264.jpg

The brightly costumed African dancers were next.

784.jpg

265.jpg

The Lion King float with Simba riding on top.

266.jpg

785.jpg

268-1.jpg

A few more African dancers.

267.jpg

787.jpg

788.jpg

Did someone say Mardi Gras? Here come the dancers!!

271.jpg

272.jpg

790.jpg

791.jpg

Followed by Tiana and her New Orleans float.

793.jpg

275.jpg

795.jpg

277.jpg

796.jpg

279.jpg

280.jpg

Peter Pan, Captain Hook & Mr Smee are next.

801.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

286.jpg

Tinkerbell and her float follows.

284.jpg

802.jpg

285.jpg

289.jpg

The butterflies following up Tink's float.....pretty!!

804.jpg

287.jpg

805.jpg

288.jpg

Great TR! You and your son take amazing pictures. I wish I had your talent.

I can't wait until I am back in May. I will definitely slow down and take a look at what's going on on Main Street. I missed so much!! I also hope that the Soundsational Parade is on in the afternoon. It was only at 7pm when I was there in Feb (Mon night -Fri early afternoon). And my night pictures were horibble because I was in the wrong place with the lighting.

Now we have the Chimney Sweeps from Mary Poppins!!

290-1.jpg

291.jpg

807.jpg

Mary on her Carousel horse (that does go up & down):

808.jpg

293.jpg

Bert on his Carousel horse:

810.jpg

294.jpg

295.jpg

The final float of the parade...........

296.jpg

811.jpg

812.jpg

297.jpg

298.jpg

813.jpg

299.jpg

What a fun parade this was.....great music, bright & vibrant colors on the floats & costumes, lots of fun characters!!! I highly recommend this parade!

Great TR! You and your son take amazing pictures. I wish I had your talent.

I can't wait until I am back in May. I will definitely slow down and take a look at what's going on on Main Street. I missed so much!! I also hope that the Soundsational Parade is on in the afternoon. It was only at 7pm when I was there in Feb (Mon night -Fri early afternoon). And my night pictures were horibble because I was in the wrong place with the lighting.

Thank you so much & Welcome!!! :wave2:

Night parades are hard to photograph.....so I hope you get a chance to see if during the afternoon......much easier to get pics!!

That parade was a good one!! Erin and I just sat here looking at all the costumes oooohhhhing and aaaaaahhhhing. Loved the colors and all the wonderful details. Just like Disney to not forget the importance of detail.

You are soo right about the little touches here and there. The seasonal flowers, the deocorations and the awesome entertainment.... If it wasn't for Scott (my dh) for pointing out all of those things when we first started going to DL together it would just be "rides, rides and more rides"... Now it's the subtle touches, entertainment and FOOD!!!!!

That parade was a good one!! Erin and I just sat here looking at all the costumes oooohhhhing and aaaaaahhhhing. Loved the colors and all the wonderful details. Just like Disney to not forget the importance of detail.

You are soo right about the little touches here and there. The seasonal flowers, the deocorations and the awesome entertainment.... If it wasn't for Scott (my dh) for pointing out all of those things when we first started going to DL together it would just be "rides, rides and more rides"... Now it's the subtle touches, entertainment and FOOD!!!!!

I found Scotty and my last trip so much more about just stopping to smell the roses and just not rushing from ride to ride. To him it was the best trip ever, I have to agree. Maybe after November it will become one of the best trips ever.:goodvibes

Enjoyed the rest of your parade pics

Forget what name is of the princess in Tangled, but she was such a pretty princess:goodvibes

Loved the Mary Poppins part

Now you guys have me checking out everyone's expressions in each pic :rotfl:

So many details in the parade......the back of the Tiana float has beads hanging from the bottom.....it's not Mardi Gras without them beads!!

I think spring time is the prettiest when it comes to the seasonal flowers.....just gorgeous!! I'm glad you've joined the true Disney lovers in appreciating all the things around you and not just the rides!!! The rides to me are just bonus......icing on the cake!!

I found Scotty and my last trip so much more about just stopping to smell the roses and just not rushing from ride to ride. To him it was the best trip ever, I have to agree. Maybe after November it will become one of the best trips ever.:goodvibes

I'm glad you two got the chance to experience the parks as a couple.....it really does take on a new feel. I'm lucky now that I've had the chance to see it solo, as a couple, with a group of gals & with family. Each way was different & special in its own way.

Enjoyed the rest of your parade pics

Forget what name is of the princess in Tangled, but she was such a pretty princess:goodvibes

Loved the Mary Poppins part

Now you guys have me checking out everyone's expressions in each pic :rotfl:

Rapunzel.........she's just as pretty in person!! It's kinda funny.....I see Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Tiana, Jasmine & Ariel to all be beautiful......but Rapunzel only works with someone "cutesy"....not elegant (if that makes sense). Ariel needs to be a bit child like, but still beautiful.

After the parade was over & the crowds had cleared a bit, we decided to catch the ToonTown train to NOS. Ty & I had a dinner ressie at Cafe Orleans. Of course with the parade letting up, the line for the train was quite long. We didn't need to be there for a while, so we decided to wait a bit before getting in line. We went up to the PFF and sat in the picnic tables to the left. We could see over the wall onto the stage & they were just getting ready to start a show. I've never seen it, so we decided to stick around & watch.

We found it hard to take pictures because of all the movement, but here's the best ones I could get.

This is the stage.......wowsers....pretty fancy!!

302.jpg

One of the songs to teach you to bow, curtsy and dance.

303.jpg

They announce each princess:

First was Aurora, unfortunately not one picture came out. Followed by Snow White:

307.jpg

and then Cinderella!!

308.jpg

309.jpg

The three princesses step to the side & I don't remember what was going on.....maybe the audience was showing them their new dance moves??

311.jpg

312.jpg

Finally a picture of Sleeping Beauty......

314.jpg

The three princesses dance for us.

317.jpg

319.jpg

324.jpg

Snow White:

322.jpg

Cinderella:

325-1.jpg

They come off the stage and do a May Pole with the kids.

327.jpg

328.jpg

And one last song before the show ends.

332.jpg

334.jpg

335.jpg

It's a nice little show & if your kids like to participate in things....they get to dance & do the May pole. I also understand that the PFF is getting moved to the Carnation Plaza & they're going to do something different with this area....but not sure when & how soon that will take place. If they move this, I'm thinking the stage show will be done. Wonder if they're going to put a new show in here???? (it used to house Snow White, An Enchanted Musical from 2004-2006)

After the show, the line at the train looked better, so we headed over to ride it around to New Orleans. Michelle was ready to head out & drive home, so she rode the train with us to the Main Street Station & then got off. :sad1: I hate goodbyes!! Ty & I continued on to the next stop.....Frontierland/New Orleans Station. We head over the Cafe Orleans to check in.

So if you've eaten here before, you know you check in & wait across from the exit of Pirates & this area gets extremely congested, as it's a narrow walkway to start with....but also the waiting area for the wheelchair entrance to POTC. Well, they got smart & changed the entrance to the other side of the restaurant.......mucho better!!

The weather had taken a turn & it was cold and breezy, we're hoping for an inside table.....brrrrrrr. We check in & are seated immediately (well that's never happened before). We were about 2 tables in from the door.......that they keep open......all the time......and the cold air blows through it.......the whole meal........did I mention brrrrrrrrrrrrr??!! lol

Here's the menu for Cafe Orleans.

336.jpg

Ty got a Mint Julep and I got the standard Coke.....lol Here's Ty's drink:

832.jpg

We started with a cup of Gumbo......this is soooooo good!! The gumbo here is better than at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in our opinions.

337.jpg

837.jpg

We also got the Pommes Fritas.....these were extra yummy tonight....hot, cheesy deliciousness!!

338.jpg

835.jpg

Ty got a pic of the gumbo, pommes & his julep.

834.jpg

We shared the Monte Cristo sandwich. Hot & crispy outside, chewy & melty cheesy inside.......but SO rich!! I have no clue how anyone could eat an entire plate of these.

339.jpg

839.jpg

While we were eating Miss Sally & Paula came in and were seated.....and as we were leaving we noticed a number of other Divas out at the check in podium.....can't remember who all was there: Tina, Jessica, Melody, Cheryl.....and I'm trying to remember if Linda & Brianne were there too?? Forgive me if I am wrong on this....I didn't get it noted down & my memory isn't like it used to be. It was nice seeing a few of the Divas so we could say goodbye. We really need an official Goodbye party.....everyone leaves at different times, so you don't end up seeing some of the ladies before they leave.

Anyways........after our meal....we debated about waiting around and catching the fireworks (since neither of us had seen them this trip & if you know me at all.....that's unheard of!!)......but the weather was questionable and so darned cold that neither of us wanted to stay. I was even wondering with the wind if they'd do them......so we headed towards Fantasyland because Ty wanted to show me these dolls that are based on cartoonist's drawings. There are 3 or 4 done by the guy that drew the Family Circus cartoons (Bill Keane). His son is a Disney animator.....there's your trivia for the day!! ;)

We both had been looking for a special gift for Michayla, because when we got home....she'd be going in for her open heart surgery. So we went to the Castle Shop. A really small gift shop on the right side prior to going thru the tunnel (heading out of Fantasyland and towards Main Street). The dolls were really cute!! They had Ariel, Rapunzel, Aurora, Cinderella & Snow White (I believe)....there was another artist but I don't recall who it was that worked on the designs of these dolls. I had Ty pick which one for Michayla.....he chose Aurora. (to be honest with you.....if the hair was short & brown....it kinda looked like Michayla). When we got back to the motel, Ty posed with our new doll!!

841.jpg

843.jpg

I headed outside before the fireworks would start and got a picture of DCA from the 3rd floor balcony & the pool at night.

342.jpg

344.jpg

345-1.jpg

Well let's finish up day four........with FIREWORKS!! I stepped out our room door and onto the 3rd floor balcony to take these pictures. It was kinda neat framing the fireworks between palm trees....but it also made the camera want to focus on the tree instead of the fireworks. Here's the best ones I got.

347.jpg

348.jpg

350-1.jpg

353.jpg

357.jpg

358.jpg

359-1.jpg

360.jpg

362-1.jpg

A smiley face!!

364-1.jpg

366.jpg

367-1.jpg

368-1.jpg

369.jpg

370.jpg

371-1.jpg

372-1.jpg

So after watching the fireworks, I went back in and finished repacking our suitcases to get the doll in & make room for 2 more of them........I decided I had to get Addy & Shyann a doll as well.....so we'd look into doing that first thing in the morning before we had to check out.

Ty & I watched Twister and then called it a day.....a very long, but awesome day!!

I love the fireworks pics...they look cool with the palms in front :) Those dolls are adorable!

The dolls weren't that expensive either....I believe they're $24.99 each & with my AP Discount....they were $21 and change.

The fireworks were a little more blocked than I like....but at least I got to see them & the palm trees add a different feel to them.

I think that the PFF stage used to host an Aladdin show a long time ago too. I know when we went in 96, they advertised an Aladdin stage show, but we never ended up seeing the stage or show or anything.

I wasn't that big a fan of the Pomme Frittes. There was too much cheese on them for me. I love cheddar cheese, but not that much parmesan, lol. The Monte Cristo looks good though. I probably could only eat one or two pieces.

That doll is so cute. And I agree, it does look a little bit like her.

Your view of the Fireworks wasn't that bad, minus the trees. Could you hear a bit of the music?

I like that you mentioned Twister. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I really enjoy that movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter