DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

My camera didn't come out when I was on the ride. I was too enthralled with it. Scotty was too. This trip he finally got it! The Disney bug bit him!! He couldn't get my love of the place. He just didn't understand it, and this trip he fell hard. The APs were his idea. He looks at the pictures in the trip reports with me now. It is so thrilling to see his excitement. I knew he didn't really get it before, so when he did this trip it was great to watch.

That's awesome!! It's so fun when you're experiencing it with someone else that loves it as much as you do!! Also, going as a couple brings a new appreciation to the park. Now that I've gone solo, as a couple & with family.......I can say that all 3 ways are different....all good, but different.

More great updates! Sounds like you had a fun time at Aerials and afterwards!! I really enjoyed when we ate there.

More great updates! Sounds like you had a fun time at Aerials and afterwards!! I really enjoyed when we ate there.

That's the 3rd time I've done the Ariel's dinner & I love it!! I've had something different each time......never been disappointed.

We enjoyed doing some rides while waiting for the show......BugsLand is fun at night (kinda dark back there)......I hadn't really noticed the lights/lamps before so that was neat!!

So we headed over the Paradise park to go find a spot to watch the show......the area had already been opened & we just figured we would hang back & watch from further back & avoid the crowds. It was a great plan until we figured out that they have cut drastically the dining viewing area. We used to have the entire center section.....so lots of elbow room & you could stay back & see without looking over people's heads.

Here's our FastPasses for the show.

140-1.jpg

We go down towards our section & of course everyone is packed in against the railing.....so we found an area where we could stand in the back & on a corner (I was feeling a bit of anxiety due to the crowds). I felt pretty good about our spot. Figured we'd be able to see good. Here are a few pics Ty & I took prior to the show starting.

141-4.jpg

144-2.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

245.jpg

145-2.jpg

146-2.jpg

So we're getting ready for the show & this family comes in on the other side of the walkway (basically about 4') & put their kids up on their shoulders with the light up Mickey ears.......awesome....right in my line of sight. So my camera kept trying to focus on the lighted ears vs the show.......heavy sigh.

148-2.jpg

151-1.jpg

153-2.jpg

157-2.jpg

158-3.jpg

159-2.jpg

268.jpg

More to come!!

Finishing up the World of Color show.

185.jpg

186.jpg

188-1.jpg

189-1.jpg

190-1.jpg

192-1.jpg

345.jpg

193-1.jpg

194-1.jpg

195-1.jpg

350.jpg

196-1.jpg

200-1.jpg

355.jpg

359.jpg

201-1.jpg

202-1.jpg

203-1.jpg

204.jpg

After the show, we tried to stay back to avoid the huge masses of people being corralled towards the exits. We went through the Grand Californian's exit & walked & shopped a little in the World of Disney store. We headed back to the motel, as Michelle (zoemakes5) had just arrived. Michelle was staying with us for 2 nights. We got back & helped her bring her stuff up to our room. We decided to head back to the parks. Michelle was needing some dinner, so we went to the Jolly Holiday Bakery. As we were getting into line, Trudi, Sarah & Rochelle was also getting in line.....so we were able to chit chat while we waited. Tyler decided to head off & get in a couple rides. He did Star Tours & Astro Orbiter.

The ladies sat together as we all enjoyed a treat of some sorts. I was tired & so Michelle & I decided to head back to the motel. We did stop at City Hall for Michelle to get a GAC before leaving the park.

This ends Day Two!!!

I think that those ears would have annoyed the heck out of me!!

Nice update and I TOTALLY agree not only about the ears but just putting kids on your shoulders. I had that same problem our first time back in 10 and so when we went last summer we made SURE to get up close. We had to wait a lot longer but it was SO worth it. We were right up next to the railing and could see everything with NO blocking. I personally feel if you have kids you should either come early enough to get up close or if you are going to put them on your shoulders do NOT block others behind you. I have had that happen at the fireworks too.

I don't know why people think that they are any better or more deserving than anyone else. ESP when you pay so much for the dinning you expect to be able to see!

Excited for the next installment. :)

Nice update and I TOTALLY agree not only about the ears but just putting kids on your shoulders. I had that same problem our first time back in 10 and so when we went last summer we made SURE to get up close. We had to wait a lot longer but it was SO worth it. We were right up next to the railing and could see everything with NO blocking. I personally feel if you have kids you should either come early enough to get up close or if you are going to put them on your shoulders do NOT block others behind you. I have had that happen at the fireworks too.

I don't know why people think that they are any better or more deserving than anyone else. ESP when you pay so much for the dinning you expect to be able to see!

Excited for the next installment. :)

I wish they wouldn't allow that.....there's absolutely no way you can do that & not block somebodies view.....you'd think it would be a safety thing as well. You're not as steady if you have someone up on your shoulders & if the crowd around you shifted....it could easily become a bad, bad thing!! Oh well,.......I could handle most of it, I just wish the ears weren't flashing & such.

Day Three~Hot Pink DisDivaLand shirts!!

Michelle & I headed towards Disneyland about 7:45am & ended up meeting up with Trudi, Sarah & Rochelle at the pedestrian crossing. We headed up Main Street & Michelle goes to one of the stores looking for socks, while Sarah & Rochelle head to the Jolly Holiday to get a hot drink. That left Trudi & I.....we went towards the Partner's Statue when we saw a photopass photographer.

So I got my pic taken:

001-2.jpg

And then they had us do one together!

003-2.jpg

I think the Partner's Statue is the prettiest in early spring.

005-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

We went up towards the castle to wait for the rest of the ladies to arrive for our group photo. While we waited, I had a picture done in front of the castle.

008-4.jpg

007-5.jpg

As the ladies came together....the Mother/Daughter groups went to do their traditional photo together. This year for the picture we had 4 sets. Then it was time to gather our very large group for our picture. It took a while to get us set in a way they could see all of us. Eventually we got it together & this is the outcome!

010-4.jpg

After the picture, the ladies shifted over to the Plaza Gardens to prepare for the Scavenger Hunt. The teams grouped & started getting their "costumes" & props on.

A few of the Scavy Hunt Committee members: Katie, Jessica, Bridget & Wendy.

011-2.jpg

Becci, Brandi, Nicole & Cynthia:

012-3.jpg

Lisa keeping watch over her team's purses:

013-3.jpg

Carol, Lisa, Allison & Michelle:

014-3.jpg

Holly, Jen & Sarah:

015-4.jpg

Monica, Jen, Jodi & Lisa:

016-4.jpg

Jamay, Capri, Steph, Beth & Kandace:

017-4.jpg

More scavy hunt to come!

I tried to figure out if I wanted to give the results with the team pictures or to keep you guessing who won.....the problem is....I don't really have pics of all the awards given at the end of the hunt......so I think I'll list the teams & what they won here in this post.

So the First Place Team was the Marathoning MousekeSleuthers~~Jen, Holly & Sarah (our only 3 member team)

022-2.jpg

Our Second Place Team was the Mouse Adventurer Spy Racers~~Jill, Stacie, Daisy & Vicki

019-2.jpg

Our Third Place Team was The Great Racing Mouse Detectives.....they also won the Best Dressed Team~~Jodi, Jen, Monica & Lisa

023-5.jpg

Best Team Name went to the Pixie Powered Dashing Diva Detectives~~Steph, Capri, Jamay & Kandace

024-2.jpg

The Last Place Team was the Lightning Diva Super Sleuths~~Brandi, Becci, Cynthia & Nicole

021-4.jpg

The other teams:
Ravishing Racing InvestigatEARS~~

018-3.jpg

We thought they might be running as a 3 member team, but Juliette showed up right before they took off!!
Sarah, Juliette, Michelle & Rochelle

040-3.jpg

The Meandering Mousers~~Linda, Lisa, Patrice & Brianne

020-4.jpg

Finn McMissile Racin' Investigation~~Lisa, Carol, Allison & Michelle

026-3.jpg

The Scavy Hunt Committee~~Wendy, Katie, Bridget, Trudi, Melody & Jessica

025-1.jpg

Once the teams were ready, Melody & her committee explained the rules & what was in the packets.

027-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

029-4.jpg

030-4.jpg

031-3.jpg

032-4.jpg

034-3.jpg

035-2.jpg

036-4.jpg

037-3.jpg

038-3.jpg

039-2.jpg

The cute little briefcases were made by Trudi.

Diznee, I just love, love the pics of you by the hub, with the pink flower's in the trees, and your shirt, wow, just a fantastic pic.

Diznee, I just love, love the pics of you by the hub, with the pink flower's in the trees, and your shirt, wow, just a fantastic pic.

:worship: thank you so much......Trudi & I thought it was nice of Disneyland to color coordinate their flowering trees to match our shirts!!! :rotfl:

Really until I got home & looked at those pics, I didn't realize how pretty the pinks in the trees complimented the photos!!! Can't wait to get the Photopass pics back!!!

PS: :wave2: WELCOME to the Trip Report too!!!!!

:worship: thank you so much......Trudi & I thought it was nice of Disneyland to color coordinate their flowering trees to match our shirts!!! :rotfl:

Really until I got home & looked at those pics, I didn't realize how pretty the pinks in the trees complimented the photos!!! Can't wait to get the Photopass pics back!!!

PS: :wave2: WELCOME to the Trip Report too!!!!!

It really is a stunning pic, you look great in it.

Oh and I have read all your tr's :lmao: I am just a very quiet visitor. ;)

It really is a stunning pic, you look great in it.

Oh and I have read all your tr's :lmao: I am just a very quiet visitor. ;)

Well thank you again!! I'm glad you finally felt like commenting!! It's always great to hear from my followers!! :cool1: Hope you continue to stop in & chat!!!!

I love the pics of the Ariel Ride. I wish WDW had that ride

The pink trees with pink shirts like others have said, makes for a gorgeous photo

That scavenger hunt looks like a blast. That is so cool Disneyland lets you ladies do that.

Great costumes

Love how everyone got certificates with their pics. I can't even imagine all the work that goes into the scavenger hunt :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter