DIS Divas - Planning for Feb. 2020!

Hi Girls. What's new? I am stressing out about Grad Nights and the upcoming Star Wars Race Weekend registration. It's such a PITA just to get in!

I am new to the DIS Boards, and have just started listening to the DIS podcasts, as I prepare for our family visit to THE Land this fall. I saw a podcast about the DIS Divas, and thought "I should listen to that". And while I haven't finished the podcast, I liked what I heard. So of course I had to come check you out, and when I saw you have a PHILANTHROPY team, I like what I see!!!

I can't commit to next year's trip, but I just want to say hi to all of you, and I hope to meet all of you someday soon.

I do have a question, and I think it would help other newcomers as well. Not including transportation to get to DL - or shopping!, how much should I budget for the trip? I am guessing that you will have some people on site and some off, so I guess I want to know if you have a ballpark figure for both those options. Or is it too early to tell?

Happy planning!
Mindy

OMG, it has been forever since I've been on here! Between our road trip and other mini vacations (CA for Father's Day and Disney for our anniversary) I've been busy! Plus, well, Facebook is just easier to keep up with everyone over there. :rolleyes1
But I had to stop by and say hello! :yay:

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing.

I deactivated my Facebook and although it is hard to stay off of it, I am loving all the extra time I have not staring at my screen constantly throughout the day. I had a FB problem, I guess. I am on the PTO board next school year for Maddie's middle school and we are so busy right now trying to get parent volunteers and fundraising. I may sneak back on this weekend to see what everyone is up to.

I really want to attend next year's trip. Nate and I are planning a WDW trip next year. If I can swing the money for the Diva trip, I will definitely come. But right now it's 50/50. :guilty:
Hi, January! I wondered where you went on FB. I'm totally hooked on it as well, but then again with our super high temps here there's not much else to do. lol Glad you have found extra time for your day though. I better see you on the next trip and we have to spend more time hanging out and chatting. :hyper2:

So I was planning on the Dis Diva trip, But my husband surprised , me with a trip to Disneyland for our 1 year anniversary. I'm still going to try but who knows what I can swing.
What a nice surprise! How fun. I hope you are still able to make it though. :)

Just stopping by to say hello Divas!!:car:
Hi, Bridget! :)

Hi everyone! Guess where we will be again this Sunday????
Doing more laundry?? :laundy: :p We missed you by one day!

I am new to the DIS Boards, and have just started listening to the DIS podcasts, as I prepare for our family visit to THE Land this fall. I saw a podcast about the DIS Divas, and thought "I should listen to that". And while I haven't finished the podcast, I liked what I heard. So of course I had to come check you out, and when I saw you have a PHILANTHROPY team, I like what I see!!!

I can't commit to next year's trip, but I just want to say hi to all of you, and I hope to meet all of you someday soon.

I do have a question, and I think it would help other newcomers as well. Not including transportation to get to DL - or shopping!, how much should I budget for the trip? I am guessing that you will have some people on site and some off, so I guess I want to know if you have a ballpark figure for both those options. Or is it too early to tell?

Happy planning!
Mindy
Hi, Mindy! :welcome:
Glad you stopped by to introduce yourself. This thread is a bit of a ghost town most of the time since we all moved over to FB, but some of us still stop by now and then. As for budget, it's really so subjective that it's hard to say. It depends on what activities/meals/events you sign up for and where you stay. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me but I can't get into $ amounts here. It's frowned upon. :D Again, welcome and I hope you can join us!

I saw that, Beth. So bummed we missed you! We could not have gone Saturday in any case as we are blocked all Saturdays this summer. But wouldn't that have been fun!

Welcome, Mindy!

Thanks Beth and Karisa! I looked for a DIS DIvas page on FB, but only found one for the GKTW fundraiser for 2015. Can you post a link here or PM me on how to reach everyone?

Mindy, it's a private or secret group (not sure which) so you either have to be FB friends with someone in the group or... there is another way to do it which does not require that but I can't remember how to do it! There should be instructions upthread somewhere... hold on

**For anyone who is planning to attend the next DIS Diva trip and would like to be added to our Facebook planning page, I need you to message me on here with the email address that is associated with your Facebook account. I can add you to the page using that email address. OR, if you are already FB friends with one of the Divas, simply ask them to add you and myself or one of the other admins will make sure it gets approved. Not a lot of planning a the moment but if you're truly interested, we'd love to have you on board! :)

here it is Mindy!

Thanks, Karisa for reposting that info! :)

Mindy, I got your PM and sent you an invite to our page. :goodvibes

I posted this back in May on our Facebook page, but just realized I never posted it here or added it to the front page, so I'm doing that now. Better late than never! lol

Introducing our overall trip theme for the 2016 DIS Diva's Disneyland Trip.... Divas, Diamonds and Disney! Looks like the 2016 trip promises to be a "sparkling" good time.
11265619_10153018863199011_6994381709651178993_n.jpg

I posted this back in May on our Facebook page, but just realized I never posted it here or added it to the front page, so I'm doing that now. Better late than never! lol

Introducing our overall trip theme for the 2016 DIS Diva's Disneyland Trip.... Divas, Diamonds and Disney! Looks like the 2016 trip promises to be a "sparkling" good time.
View attachment 106953

I love our new theme! I'm glad they'll still be celebrating the Diamond Anniversary, so everything ties in.

:welcome: to the DIS, @MinMou. Thank you for listening to our show, and hope to run into you at the parks. :)

First page is updated with our Meet and Greet party info. It's gonna be a fun time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter