DIS Digi Scrapping Challenge #50 (3/35 - 3/31)

I am glad I could participate this week. Thanks for hosting, Melissa!! Great job so far ladies! Here is my attempt:

20090315-SB-Castle-windows.jpg

Credits:
Template by Digitreats
Button (recolored), Flowers, fairydust & Crown from Her Royal Highness by Britt-ish Designs
Frame by Lauren Bavin
Leaves from Ever After by Zakirah

ok time to stop messing with mine and just post the thing:)

mickeysgardencopy-1.jpg

the flowers were recoloured pink and black buttons in centre of flowers.

credits star circles leave the world behind Britt-ish designs
papers and elements Green and serene WM square designs
Love, Life Nature Dirty feet designs and syas blueprints
Tattered and torn Tracie stroud
strip the date syas blueprints
template circumlocutious template fluffy bunny feet.... phew

I think I got everything:
fantastmicsm.jpg

The ribbon flowers are recolored from green. Those are silver brads in the middle of them.

Credits: sparkles from Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust; stamp from Mouse in the House; ribbon flowers and photo strip (recolored and cropped) from Leave the World Behind --- All Britt's
Background paper from Drama Queen by Danielle Young
Silver brads from It's Magic by Mikkel Paige
Atomic Cupcake sparkle action used on Adventure font for the title

I took this one literally! My black element is Maleficent. My glittery element was re-colored. My silvery eyelets were used three times (actually four).

mussafussacent.jpg

Journaling:
You love playing dress-up in your fancy princess clothes. When you are Aurora, Maleficent always shows up. However, when telling us your detailed story, you can never pronounce her name correctly. It always comes out as MUSS-A-FUSS-A-CENT.

Credits:
Papers: Lliella Designs (CNY paper) & AMC_SS_Paper_Vintage-Engravings_Special-Paper
Foliage: Raspberry Roads Designs - Annie Collection
Frame: Brenda Peters (with re-colored Ashlyn glitter sheets Snowflake Beach Designs)
Alpha: Krystal Hart - Expecting you
Fonts: Impervious

Sharon

I struggled to get glitter on this page, but I finally did it!! This was a great challenge. Thanks Melissa.

My recolored item was a button I made blue.
My black items are the cow print paper and the stitching
My element from nature is the horse
My repeated element is the brown wooden button
My glitter element is the silver glitter circle border in the back
My circles - take your pick. Buttons, lassos, brads, circle border.
My gold element is the Sheriff badge.

Ta da!!

Click image for credits!

Image is linked, so click for credits !!!

1. Must be Disney related :thumbsup2

2. “Make it blue!” Flora and Merryweather have an ongoing debate which color Aurora’s dress should be, so use an element and RECOLOR IT either BLUE or PINK. Recolored the star sprinkles blue :thumbsup2

3. Every fairy tale has a villain so incorporate something BLACK to represent Maleficent- Black Mickey Sprinkles :thumbsup2

4. “I know you . . .” Briar Rose sings to her animal friends in the forest so include at least ONE ELEMENT FROM NATURE (leaf, flower, animal, etc). Roses and leaves :thumbsup2

5. Briar Rose is raised by the three good fairies, so REPEAT ONE ELEMENT THREE TIMES. Buttons :thumbsup2

6. To represent the magic wands sprinkle your page with some GLITTER or SPARKLES. Sparkles and Glitter :thumbsup2

7. The curse that Maleficent placed on Aurora was that she would prick her finger on a spindle on a spinning wheel, so include at least ONE CIRCLE. Buttons :thumbsup2

8. The three good fairies gave Phillip the “Sword of Truth” to use to slay Maleficent so use something SILVER or GOLD. Gold Frame :thumbsup2

OMG!!! You guys are amazing!!! WOW! Everyone has done such an awesome job! I love how creative you all have been with the rules. FABULOUS!!! I will try to comment on everyone's tomorrow, I don't have time now.

I did finally finish my layout.

Great challenge Melissa, love the instructions. It really helped me to build this page.

btdt_wdw_aug08.jpg

http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/30808/ppuser/952

Everything by Britt-ish Designs

Background Paper - "I'm a Dreamer Add-On"
Frame - "Mouskepapers"
WordArt - "Sunshine Glam Papers" SILVER or GOLD & "Disney Word Art Freebie" BLACK to represent Maleficent
Paint Splat - "Enchantment"
Staples - "I'm a Dreamer" REPEAT ONE ELEMENT THREE TIMES
Flowers & Leaves - "Sprite" RECOLOR IT either BLUE or PINK 2 pink one blue least ONE ELEMENT FROM NATURE
Sparkle - "Mickey Delicate Sprinkles" GLITTER or SPARKLES
Date - "Date Stamped" ONE CIRCLE

What fantastic LOs so far! I finally finished mine. It's the second of a two-pager, one page that I did a few weeks ago. I wanted to add more photos, and this challenge was the perfect motivating force! Thanks, Melissa.

The recolored item is the pink frame - it used to be a nice dull brown.
The bling are the tiny blue glitter sprinkles behind the three silver stars.
The element from nature is the stars, one with a circle around it.
And there's black in the photo mats & bracket elements.

The first is the LO for the challenge:

501263030_JZK8A-XL.jpg

501263026_DDnkT-XL.jpg

and the two together:

501263030_JZK8A-S.jpg
501263026_DDnkT-S.jpg

Credits: Kit - Creative Memories Wishes and Dreams Digital Kit
Blue Glitter Sparkles - Dreams do come True by Britt-ish Designs
Fonts: Maiandra GD, XmasTerpiece Regular, Ruritania
The journaling is adapted from Wikipedia.

Ok...I think I got all the requirements.... here is mine most everythng is from a kit called Tiki Tiki Tembo by Kay Miller, the Mickey sprinkles are from Brit (thanks Brit), and I used a template from scrapmatters template challenge this week (altered a bit). I am almost done with my disney cruise album...only a couple more pages to go thanks to the dis challenges.

page41inetcopy.jpg

The heart/mickey paper was recolored pink, the mickey heads in that paper is black, the dates are circled, the flowers are nature & repeated 3 times, the flower centers are silver, and my title is glittery. That should be everything. :) Click for credits

Here's mine for this week. The word art was recolored pink.

Click for credits

web-DIS-Challenge-Week-50.jpg

CREDITS
paper: Tale as Old as Time by SuzyQ Scraps, Sunshine Glam Papers by Britt-ish Designs
elements: Tale as Old as Time by Britt-ish Designs & SuzyQ Scraps; Leave the World Behind by Britt-ish Designs; A Beautiful Mess Borders by Jeni Hopewell
font: Times New Roman
date: Date Wheel by Simply Sweet Designs

1. photo taken in cabin on Disney Magic
2. date wheel (recolored pink)
3. black ribbon
4. rose (recolored pink)
5. leaves
6. glitter border (recolored blue)
7. clock, date wheel
8. gold frame

I can't believe it has been a week almost. It just flew by!

There is still time to get your layouts submitted. Remember they need to be posted here by MIDNIGHT EASTERN TIME tonight.

sleeping_beauty.jpg

Some of this worked for me but it never came together like I wanted. Oh well, it is March 31 so off it goes! ;)

I recolored the butterfly, I think everything else is obvious. Thanks for the fun challenge.

wdw2008saurora.jpg

fonts: Stuyvesant BT, Honey Script
template by LorieM
Fairy Princess by Happy Scrap Girl & GG Designs at Scrap Matters

Coming in under the wire here. These pictures are from Saratoga Springs when we were there for my son's performance in an a musical theare competition (they performed 101 Dalmatians!). We had never visited there and it's such a beautiful resort! The circular element is the wreath and the staple is my silver element. I almost forgot the black element and added those black swirly things after the fact. I picked the roses for the three items and recolored one blue. I chose roses since it tied in with the racing theme of the resort. I wanted it to have an old feel, too. I hope it all goes together. I haven't had time to study it much.

SaratogaSprings.jpg

Credits:

Stamp Cluster 12 by Lindsay Jane Designs
Moroccan Nights and the add on set - by Rina
Spontaneous Delight by Carrie Stephens
Flea Market by Scrapmatters Design Team Collab

I really wanted to do this challenge but don't think I am going to fit this in, but I am sure going to try!

We had such fun doing the Kim Possible Adventures in Epcot. My hubby would walk over to Epcot by himself just to do another adventure in a different country!

Click image for credits.

I'm not totally happy with the colors for this LO. I think it's because there are so many different colors in the pictures that really don't go together. Oh well....

Requirements:
Recolored the "splat" blue.
Black paper.
Vine for nature element.
3+ buttons.
Glitter paper used on mask.
Circular metal frame.
Silver staples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter