DIS Digi-Scrapper's Challenge #42 (01/28 - 02/04/09)

designerbrittney

DIS Veteran
Hi girls!!! This week's challenge is going to be a "10 RULES" challenge. You gotta follow ALL the rules in order to complete this challenge. Are you up for it??

Here are your 10 rules:

1) As always, your layout must be somehow Disney related
2) At LEAST 4 photos. More is ok, less is not.
3) Use at LEAST 2 patterned papers. More is ok, less is not (as many solid papers as you want).
4) You may only tilt only ONE of your photos. But you don't have to tilt any if you don't want to.
5) Use some stitching
6) Use some brackets or a bracket-shaped item
7) You need at least 1 Mickey on your page ::MickeyMo
8) Add a Disney quote or movie lyric (Can be a Walt quote, park quote, movie quote, whatever).
9) Journal in a font you've never used before
10) Don't forget to date your page.

Whew! I know its a lot of rules, but I know you can do it!!

Here is mine:

OffWeGo_WEB.jpg

credits here

You have until midnight next Wed. 02/04 to turn in your entries!

OH!! And I forgot to mention that there will be two winners for this challenge!! I have two $5 gift certificates for my store to award. One I will randomly draw and the other will be my favorite entry.

HAVE FUN!

Oh wow this really is a challenge so much to think about. I'll have a look through my disneyland paris photos and see what I can come up with.

Brittney I love your LO, polka dots are my favourite (I'm a Minnie fan but DD likes me have a stitch avatar and I like to make her happy!) and I love the Mickey buttons I have some of those too so I might have to give them a go in my next layout :)

Great challenge Britt!! I think i have seen a couple of those rules around recently.. ;)

I love your shirts -- do they sell those at the parks or did you make 'em?

OKAY- I would have never done this page without this challenge. I went and looked for a quote first and built my page around the quote.

And thanks to this challenge, the kids are now eating pizza for dinner! But for some reason I don't think they mind. :)

I checked 3 times....I think I have all 10 rules......

curiosity-Page098.jpg

CREDITS: black glitter paper and Mickey sprinkles (Britt), white patterned paper, stitching and hanging tag on string (WM's Green and Serene), alpha and bracket (Britt, monstrosity bonus alpha), and I just copied Mickey off some internet clipart.

Oh- the font I have never used was "Ma Sexy" for the "full of" and also the journaling font used was "robot teacher".

Thanks for this challenge!!!!!!!

:cheer2:

oh its soooo cute! great job getting all the rules accomplished! you did GREAT. I LOVE the theme of your page and all the photos.

Oh.. they ARE CUTE! Tell mom - Great job! LOL

Wow how did you get that done so fast! It is so great and I love the Walt quote.

I am currently working on mine it is coming along and I am pretty happy with it. I have been at it now for almost 3 hours and it has gone midnight so I should go to bed really - this is pretty addictive!

I am struggling to fit in a bracket item at the minute mainly because I don't have one so trying to find a free template.

One question with the Mickey shape will just the Mickey ears shape do or has it got a be a picture of Mickey himself?

Oh my goodness. You can use regular clip art on digi pages??
That is a great layout. I like how you used all the rules different than the sample. Even though the sample is pretty great too.

I am struggling to fit in a bracket item at the minute mainly because I don't have one so trying to find a free template.

Usually brackets come with most alpha sets. Try and find an alpha set and look in the punctuation folder. If not, you could always just use the brackets on your keyboard and enlarge them. You can even re-color them. :)

Oh- and I was fast because I am snowed in!!! There is nothing to do than be on this computer.

One question with the Mickey shape will just the Mickey ears shape do or has it got a be a picture of Mickey himself?

You can just use brackets from type. Like a font. :) Adding a shadow to the type makes it look like an element even. AND if you mask a paper to it, it looks even MORE like an element. Does that make sense?

And yes, a Mickey shape, mickey head, mickey ears, all will count as a Mickey. Doesn't have to be the full mouse.

Why didn't I think of that! Thank you for pointing out the obvious it really must be too late for scrapping now I have reached brain melt down :rotfl:

Just another quick question do you all put drop shadowns on your ribbon or do you think they look better flat rather than popping out?

I personally drop shadow EVERYTHING that is a 3-D item. Basically everything except rub-ons or text. It's going to look more realistic if you shadow it. BUT not too high of a shadow. Ribbons aren't that thick, but they do need a little shadow.

That's up to you I guess. If one side can stand alone as an entry, then I don't care what's on the other side. But if they're integrated, I'd say the whole thing should follow. Does that make sense?

This will be fun! Especially since I just purchased the "17 Cherry Tree Lane" and "Curious Adventure" kits. I'm going to go broke purchasing stuff that other people find and scrap with! But at least I'm having fun... ::yes::

OH DUH!!!! I forgot to mention the PRIZES in my original post!! I edited my post - so the prize info is there now.

Sorry 'bout that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter