Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Laurie, great pictures.....looks like you had an awesome time! Love that shot of the big kitty! The Windham area seems nice - I need to check it out sometime.
congrats to your DD on the internship. I'll bet she is excited.

Smiley, I think that sounds like a good idea to plan the Vegas trip when it is just the two of you. It's a crazy place, and tons of fun, but I agree - not for children. You are going to have a blast at CarsLand - especially now with them offering early mornings to hotel guest!

LMP, good luck with getting the Candlelight ADR!

I've been spending a lot of time sorting thru pictures, hoping to make a picture book. Between the two of us there are well over 2000, so they need to be whittled down. Actually I'm just glad we have any pictures at all. Before we left, I decided to charge the battery for my camera, and for some reason went ahead and packed the camera - and left the battery at home! Didn't realize it until DD sent me a text and didn't have time to shop for another before boarding the ship, so we just used our cell phones. Certainly not what I had planned, but they turned out "ok" for the most part. I'll get some up in a few days. Thinking of doing some kind of trip report.

GAGWTA!!

Cheryl, the presidential units are large. I like this place. the 1, 2, and 3 bedroom presidential units are all in the newest timeshare building, building #6.

IMG_7309.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

I did not manage to get any pictures of the lazy rivers but trust me they are nice.

Location is good too, since it is on Buena Vista, next to the Caribbean beach resort going towards Downtown Disney. Takes 5 minutes to drive to the Studios, the Boardwalk, a little further to Epcot since you have to go around to the front. I also park at the Boardwalk sometimes and just walk over to the back of Epcot. I like the International Gateway.

Snappy: thanks for the pics.. I love the Boardwalk area. It is my favorite place to hang.. I find it so serene. Nothing is better than staying there and getting up early and walking to Epcot.. AAAAAAh

And thanks for the Charley's suggestion. Maybe the adults will sneak away their one night. My kids would rather eat chicken nuggets than steak...haha good for me.. will cost me less

Wow, that is one great suite! Looks like a great place to stay as a family - lots of room for everyone.

I have been trying to get some pictures posted, but Photobucket is giving me fits! :badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

I'll give it another try tomorrow.

GAGWTA!!

Trying this again....

We started our trip in Seattle, spent awhile at Park Place Market....this place is huge, it just goes on forever! The displays of flowers, produce, fish, and much more are just so colorful and fun to see. I bought some flowers for our cabin. We also went to see the Space Needle, but didn't go up since it was so cloudy that day.

35f8cb85.jpg

c70e7a95.jpg

bcabd02c.jpg

02784f20.jpg

All of our pictures were taken with our cellphones, so I'm afraid the quality is not very good....better than not having any pics at all, but I'm still pretty unhappy about not being able to use my camera.

Sorry these are so big! I can't seem to find a way to make them smaller.

These are the midship pools...hard to believe that people were actually using the pools! It was probably only in the lower to mid 60s on this day. They do heat the water, and broadcast the temp on the cabin TVs - usually about 85 degrees. Crazy people!

0e5864f2.jpg

Our cabin.....

f209678a.jpg

The room was small but adequate for two. It had a fold out sofa and a bed that pulled down from the ceiling, but I think having four people in there would be really crowded. We had a balcony that we used a lot....it was nice to be able to sit out there and watch everything as opposed to having to go up on deck all the time.

More later.....

Those pictures are great!!!!

I resize my photos when doing the export out of iPhoto before I upload them into photobucket. I am not sure how to resize them in photobucket.

Melissa - good to see you posting. Wish you didnt have so much trouble doing it. Glad the sale is over. I am sure you worked so hard. Bet you are ready for a rest!

Laurie - Beautiful pictures. Bonnet Creek is one of the places we can get with the miles but dh doesnt want to do any driving. He says he just wants to rest and that includes no driving for him

Cheryl - love your pictures too. That market looks fun. I will have to ask dh if he ever went there. I wouldnt be brave to swim when the air temp is that cold, even if its heated. Cant wait to see more pics.

Well I was up bright and early today..Mission Candlelight Processional ADR accomplished! I didnt know you could book online, but I called at 7 am and was on hold for 51 minutes. Heard lots of disney music. I didnt like the dining time the cm gave us for the 6;45 show so I switched to the 8:15 show, never did that one before. Hope it is not too cold. That is my only worry. So we are seeing Whoopi Goldberg Nov. 30th for the 8:15 show and eating at Via Napoli at 5:45. Not my favorite place to eat either, but I was looking more at the price instead of the meal this time, so I took a Tier 2 place instead of our usual Tier 1.

Also started decorating the vbs room today. Wowsa, lots of work, but its looking good. Had my helper, an older lady and ds22 helping me. Ds20's room looks amazing. Will go back on Thurs. to do some more on my room and let ds22 help with his room. I dont know what time that lady is coming.

So cold here today after bad bad storms yest. Ds24 said hail hit his car.

GAGWTA.

luvMary: Glad you got ADR.. I think Whoopie will be really good. I love Processional. I only seen it once but brought me to tears.. You should be fine for the later dinner. End of Nov should not be too cold

Cheryldan: thanks for the pics.. Look great!

Well mid week here ladies and getting ready to drive 7 hours on Friday to wedding. It is my nephews. I have had so many graduation parties this month and birthdays I think I need to go on welfare...LOL
Have great day!

minijeanie, have fun at the wedding! :love:

LMP, congrats on getting your ADR....sounds great! :thumbsup2

Laurie, I'm so tech challenged it's pitiful. :confused3

How's everybody else doing?

The view from our balcony as we pulled in to Ketchikan:

0f338194.jpg

It's amazing how close the ships can get to town:

a66a4df4.jpg

Seems like most people who live there travel by boat or float plane a lot of the time.....there are boats everywhere!

2f258e69.jpg

This is not our ship, but another parked up close to Ketchikan. The ship just seems to dwarf over the town.

51f80681.jpg

Will be back later with another installment. :)

GAGWTA!!!!:goodvibes

Awesome pictures ladies!! that picture looks so strange because the cruise ship is sooooooo huge compared to the buildings!! very pretty though!

Cheryl, all I can say is:

Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!!!

for someone tech challenged, you did good, girl.

Ok, I have a request for a friend with who runs a great little organization who helps both children and adults with social skills, Aspergers, and similar diagnoses. I have sent this email to some of my contacts, and I would like for those of you on facebook to consider "voting" for my friend, Susan Mendelson.

She is applying for a grant for her small business/social work practice. Please vote for her, as she really needs 250 votes by June 30th!!

You need a facebook to login and vote but it's on this website:
https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/

Please login with your facebook account and then search for Susan Mendelson, and then it pops up!

Please share!

Saw a new gastrointerologist this week and he was extremely helpful! prior to my bc diagnosis, I've been suffering for about 14 years with achalasia, and spasms in my esophagus that are so extreme I take dilaudid for them. I had 9 dilatations of the sphincster muscle at the bottom of the esophagus until finally had surgery that just cut that muscle. I had my gall bladder out before that. anyway the surgeon suggested that he would like to just remove my whole esophagus and fix my hiatus hernia as well. :scared1: needless to say I did not go back but through my chemo and bc surgeries this issue has been hell to deal with so my oncologist sent me to this new guy. he also thought the removal of my esophagus was extreme, and while he has me booked for a scope in september because it's been 4 years since the last one, he gave me a couple of new prescriptions to try. my GP jokes when he gives me a new prescription for something..."now this will only help if you actually take it" I hate taking anything and especially new stuff. Well last night I was in so much pain again, took 4 mg of dilaudid which as usual did pretty much nothing, and was preparing for another long night of pain, looking at the new bottle of pills scared to take them. finally the pain was so bad I just didn't care what the side effect would be and took it and ..... in about 20 minutes I was pain free :cool1: this stuff is called Buscopan and is an anti spasmotic and analgesic. I had asked him if I tried it and it didn't work could I still take the dilaudid and he said it would be fine so I am glad I gave in and tried it. next time I will take that first and then dilaudid if I really need to. I have to go for esophgeal manometry again in August when we are back too, last one showed almost no muscle activity in my esophagus, that's why I need to drink gallons of water every day to wash my food down. One other drug he gave me though, I googled and am not willing to take. It is something to take all the time rather than just treat the problem when it occurs. it's called domperidone. but it talked about not taking it if you have had or have breast cancer, because it is a hormone type drug, and also has a warning to do with the heart and I have unexplained heart problems so I will just stick with the buscopan for now. so only one bottle on the not going to take shelf this time....:rotfl:

Smiley, I have a shelf like that too! Wish I would remember to google them BEFORE I get the prescription filled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter