• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part III - GAGWTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some talk of snow here. Three years in a row?

Some thing is rotten in Denmark I believe.

Guess who:)

Merry - good to see you, prayers for your dd

Alice - A friend of ours had this at sloan in nyc and the chemo and rad at the sloan in commack. She lives in westhampton beach.. They said hers is rare too, but am not sure if it was endometrial or just a gyn cancer. She just had to have a hernia repair as a surgery complication.

phorsenuf - hope u get a good report

We are here at the Poly and we have a winner, yup, of course another crappy garden view room.We asked for something else and they said its sold out.Oh well we are out of here tomm. Its in Aeorotora, 2nd floor, NO balcony, lots of kids and the constant whirr of the monorail.I havent seen the view in the day time. I think its shrubs and distant parking lot..Last night we ate at Via Napoli - yuck! and missed illuminations. Oh well.I hope our Yacht Club room will be better. The cm was also giving us an attitude about giving us the wheelchair, gheesh. Its the small wheelchair that my big but cant fit in so I just use it like a walker. We walked around the whole world showcase, thats alot for me.Tonight its MK and maybe meet some disers. Lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Loving Disney, no thinking about the big C here:)

GTAGWTA. Blessings to you all always

Guess who:)

Merry - good to see you, prayers for your dd

Alice - A friend of ours had this at sloan in nyc and the chemo and rad at the sloan in commack. She lives in westhampton beach.. They said hers is rare too, but am not sure if it was endometrial or just a gyn cancer. She just had to have a hernia repair as a surgery complication.

phorsenuf - hope u get a good report

We are here at the Poly and we have a winner, yup, of course another crappy garden view room.We asked for something else and they said its sold out.Oh well we are out of here tomm. Its in Aeorotora, 2nd floor, NO balcony, lots of kids and the constant whirr of the monorail.I havent seen the view in the day time. I think its shrubs and distant parking lot..Last night we ate at Via Napoli - yuck! and missed illuminations. Oh well.I hope our Yacht Club room will be better. The cm was also giving us an attitude about giving us the wheelchair, gheesh. Its the small wheelchair that my big but cant fit in so I just use it like a walker. We walked around the whole world showcase, thats alot for me.Tonight its MK and maybe meet some disers. Lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Loving Disney, no thinking about the big C here:)

GTAGWTA. Blessings to you all always

Sorry your room was crappy. You are due a break with the room over at the YC.

What were the details about Via Napoli?

Have fun at the MK and say hi to the disers!

Enjoy your break from reality!

The wedding is in May, soon after she graduates. He has been accepted to grad school at Brite Divinity at TCU.

DD 19 started symptoms in Aug. Diagnosed in Sept. She is living in a college apartment. Missed few classes since school was unbending. :sad2:

Her face is very painful, she has terrible headaches & fatigue. It breaks my heart. Next MRI is this month. Faith is getting us through.

Hi Merry: I PM'd you and wondered if you received it. It must be so hard to see your daughter is such pain and I hope she will progress quickly and feel better soon. Could you please let me know if my pm reached you.

Hugs, Barbara

Yes, I got the PM. Today DD fell down a flight of stairs. Don't know if she just takes after me or if it's a sign of things to come. Stumbling is on the list for MS. She's okay. Just scrapes and bruises.

Aliceacc - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Like anything that we are afraid of - the more information we have the less afraid of it we become. Although breast cancer and endometrial cancer are different, maybe the experiences are similar. I did have to have chemo and rads. Since you had rads, I'll just give a few hints on the chemo side of things although different chemos do different things to ones body. STAY HYDRATED. Both inside and out. That can relieve a lot of the side effects that come from chemo. Keep the skin moist, lips moist, use eye drops etc. Drink, drink, drink until she is sloshing. This is especially important the day before, of and after the chemo infusion. Keep the teeth and mouth squeaky clean so she doesn't get thrush or mouth problems and use a non-alcohol mouth rinse twice a day. Rinsenol too works well if she develops mouth sores. Constipation can be a problem and should be treated quickly. I ate prunes every day and except for two days - yep - those two days it was a problem.

There are other things that one can do so that chemo - while it isn't a walk in the park - isn't the horrendous thing that people make it out to be. I worked through my chemo treatments, as many people here have. If you do things to help alleviate the problems ahead of time it can help a lot. But she has to have that information and know what she is getting into.

Well, I'm at work, so I have to keep this short. My DH and I cleared all of the snow together :lovestruc , so it was fairly easy on me since I used the snowblower :cool1:.

Linda - LOVE your room!!!!! I'm so glad I don't have a room like that because I would be fired from my job. I would be at home with a cup of coffee and a book in that beautiful room. I also just loved the picture of your dog, what a cutie pie.

MaryAnn - Hope you are having a good time and that the room at YC is much better.

GAGWTA

MerryPoppins - I hope you get better news with your DD's MRI. The tumble down the stairs sounds painful!

Linda - The room looks great!

Feeling a lot better. I overdid it today, though. I had to go out to buy something to wear to my friend's memorial service on Saturday since nothing I own fits anymore. What an effort it was! The good news: I have gone down 6 clothing sizes since I started my battle in May 2009!

I have to see the plastic surgeon tomorrow for a follow-up from the implant surgery. He doesn't know about my most recent surgery, so this should be an interesting visit. I have my son's holiday concert on Thursday night which I'm really looking forward to since I couldn't go last year. Friday is birthday luncheon with my best friend since our birthdays are a day apart. Saturday is the memorial service and Sunday I plan on vegging all day.

Still no news from the Docs in Miami regarding my pathology. They love to make people wait. . .

Good evening ladies

Merry - sorry to hear of your dd's fall and pain. Hoping the drs can get things under control for her, wishing her all the best, continued thoughts and prayers

KJ - snowblowers are good, you go girl!

Lisa - what a way to lose weight, huh? I fear I am gaining most of mine back, but shopping is good. I just started getting some new clothes too, didnt really shop at all last year.

The Yacht club room is nice, corner, close to elevator, view of sticks and bushes. The Poly room view was of the road!Dh tried to fix the broken wheelchair they gave us in the lobby. They got us one from the beach club instead. No disers were there but it was freezing!!! Only a giant group shouting ARGENTINA! Hmm, maybe they scared the disers away. Tonight at Shulas we were late, they gave our table away so we waited, the mlb baseball meetings are there now., so guess who is in the restraunt with us, HANK AARON!!!! Tomm. Le Cellier and Flying Fish.

GTAGWTA.

Good evening ladies

Merry - sorry to hear of your dd's fall and pain. Hoping the drs can get things under control for her, wishing her all the best, continued thoughts and prayers

KJ - snowblowers are good, you go girl!

Lisa - what a way to lose weight, huh? I fear I am gaining most of mine back, but shopping is good. I just started getting some new clothes too, didnt really shop at all last year.

The Yacht club room is nice, corner, close to elevator, view of sticks and bushes. The Poly room view was of the road!Dh tried to fix the broken wheelchair they gave us in the lobby. They got us one from the beach club instead. No disers were there but it was freezing!!! Only a giant group shouting ARGENTINA! Hmm, maybe they scared the disers away. Tonight at Shulas we were late, they gave our table away so we waited, the mlb baseball meetings are there now., so guess who is in the restraunt with us, HANK AARON!!!! Tomm. Le Cellier and Flying Fish.

GTAGWTA.

lmp, my son is generally glued to the MLB network anyway, but we saw that they're broadcasting from the Dolphin lobby this week and we had some fun watching them and seeing the sights, all the baseball people, etc. Wait until I tell him you saw HANK AARON!! :faint: :woohoo: (We watched the movie about him at the Baseball Hall of Fame last year!) We were saying how much fun it would be to hang out there right now! Glad you're having a good time (despite the crappy views!). :rotfl2:

Merry, so nice to see you! :hug: That is so strange about how you have to post! I've had some problems here and there, too. I'm sorry to hear about your DD, what a worry that must be. Hope you'll keep us posted.

I was simply devastated to see the news today about Elizabeth Edwards passing away. :sad: I was really hoping she'd have more time. It gave me a pit in my stomach that's still there now...

Alice, I don't know much about endometrial ca. I am having a biopsy myself but I think they're being overly cautious and am not worried about it (at this time) so (and probably because) I've stayed away from the internet. I do know that uterine cancers are generally favorable, so that is what I'd hang onto.

Glad people liked my dog and hamster pictures and sunroom pics!
KJ Luvs Pluto said:
Linda - LOVE your room!!!!! I'm so glad I don't have a room like that because I would be fired from my job. I would be at home with a cup of coffee and a book in that beautiful room.
I feel that way too! I don't want to come out! :lmao: Poor DH - sometimes it's late at night and he's like, "Can we go to bed now?" and I'm like, "I'd like to stay up just a little while longer". :rotfl: But he loves it, too, so he doesn't mind.

Laurie, it is currently about 25 degrees here. Pretty cold and windy. Everyone is walking around with snow parkas with hoods pulled up over their heads. (Of course I'm still wearing my windbreaker, have to dig out the winter coats, lol.) No snow - yet. I have no idea how fall flew by so fast. It doesn't feel like Christmas yet. I've got to get my butt in gear. I have a little shopping done but really have to sit down with my list and finish up.

Barbara, thank you for the nice note.

Keeping all who need them in my prayers. :grouphug: Enjoy the season!

lmp, keep us updated if you see any other baseball people! DS will be waiting with baited breath!

KJ, you posted GREAT ideas for Alice's friend. Very specific and thorough.

Merry, sorry to hear about your DD's fall. Very difficult to see your child going through this. I know you are close. Please tell her we are thinking and praying for her to get better. Does she have a good doc?

Glad you like your room better at the Yacht club, Maryann. I am partial to the Epcot area. Cool time to be there. Enjoy the sights and sounds! Was your meal good once you were finally seated at Shulas? How are the decorations at the Dolphin? Sounds like you made excellent choices for your meals.

I hope the weather warms up soon for you.

Linda, I heard about Elizabeth Edwards' internet post thanking everyone night before last, along with the news that her doctors said further treatment was futile, so I knew it was a matter of time. Yet, hours later she passed. I just was not ready to hear that news. I remember that Ann met her at an event during the 2008 presidential campaign and was impressed by her caring attitude.

I was unsettled last night after hearing the news.

Keep up the good work, Lisa. Six sizes-I can only say you go girl!!!!!!

A little sleet here after some rain, but not much. No snow. We generally have a lot of humidity with our winter, just like the summer. Yuck! Lucky we had a nice fall!

But we are having hard freezes now and we don't like those. Just does not work with all the tropical permanently planted in the yard.

Exams going on for our older kids in New Orleans but next week for DD15. A bit tense for all. I am just here for everyone.

I would much rather post here than face the office. Yet another audit to prepare for. I am going to try thai yoga today for the first time, plus a massage after. I have decided that this week I need to do something for myself as the next few weeks will be hectic.

DH has told me how well I am doing, with moving better after the shoulder thing. Looking back that injection did the trick, even with the frozen shoulder reuslt. It just took 4 months to get here. I am doing the PT exercises at home for the shoulder and abdominals. I don't just go straight to bed anymore when I get hiome from work. He was worried for awhile I seemed depressed-I am past that. Yes!

GAGWTA ladies!

We think DDs neuro is good. Many go years w/out TN diagnosis. We went a month. DHs aunt just had knee replacement. Fell during recovery and broke a hip. Now she has Crohns. Our family is falling apart. :sad2:

Really sad about Elizabeth Edwards' death. :sad1:
‎"She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way - and surely it did not - she adjusted her sails." ~ Elizabeth Edwards

Also is the 12 year anniversary of my mother's aneurysm...she went from healthy active 72 year old to comatose...then remarkable recovery over 9 years til her death in 2007, though many physical and cognitive impairments. And the 30 year anniversary of John Lennon's death. Feeling melancholy but also appreciating the blessings....

Linda...the room is absolutely beautiful!!! :cloud9:

Alice...it's wonderful to hear from you,but I am sorry about your friend. I do not have first hand experience w/ chemo, or with any gyn cancer, but KJ's advice sounds on target! I will keep Alicia in my prayers.

MerryP...I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I am sorry to hear of your DDs diagnosis....but I am also glad she HAS a diagnosis. Information is power as we know. I have another DISer friend who I believe has some insight into that condition, I will see what I can find out. Your DD is so young to face such a challenge, and it's hard for the mom. With other family stuff going on it can be overwhelming. Just hang in there. I will NEVER forget the prayers and support you offered during Avery's illness..please know that what goes around comes around...thinking of you and sending love and prayers for strength your way. :hug:

I've been in denial about winter...the last couple of days/nights have been bitterly cold and windy but no white stuff yet accumulating. ;)

LMP...enjoy the rest your trip! Flying Fish is a favorite of ours.

I know I am forgetting some of you...a big GAGWTA being sent!!! :grouphug:

GAGWTA!! :goodvibes

Just a quick "drive by" to say hi. Been busy trying to cram Christmas in before we leave on our WDW road trip the 17th, and our quick trip to Boston to see DD and her DH this weekend. Rather nuts around here, to say the least.....but it's all good! Still no word on what is causing my elevated tumor markers, had a bone scan last week but haven't heard anything yet. And count me as another very saddend by Elizabeth Edwards passing.

Sending out lots of thoughts and good wishes to everybody recovering, in treatment, and playing the waiting game.

Have a great trip, Cheryl. :hug: Dress warmly, it's freezing here! :cold: 18 degrees this morning!

Ann, I love that quote. I heard this morning that Aretha Franklin was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. :worried:

Yes, thanks for the lovely quote, Ann.

Can you relate the story again about when you met Elizabeth Edwards when you have time?

Hi Cheryl! Enjoy your trip! Praying for good news from you lastest scan!

Merry, I am thinking and praying for your daughter. I am so glad you have finally been able to post here so we can all lift your DD up in our prayers. We are here for you, sista.

Marci, Lisa, and KJ, how is the recovery going?

At the risk of spreading my ongoing sadness, there was an article in our local paper about how Elizabeth Edwards wrote letters to leave for each of her children with life advice such as how to pick a church or even a spouse, guidance for the years ahead. She said she got the idea from the movie Terms of Endearment.

One of my co-workers named Anne with whom I worked long hours during the 90's era was stricken suddenly with liver cancer about 2 years after she and her husband adopted a little girl (he was a testicular cancer survivor), in 1996.

She was in my office one day talking about going to the drug store to buy a new digital thermometer because she had been feeling unwell. I remember she told me she had stopped wearing makeup when she went to work because she did not have energy for it. I chalked it up to having a crazy busy job and having a toddler (my life as well during much of that period). Not long after she was diagnosed.

She wanted to do a video for her little girl, but she deteriorated so fast (3 months after diagnosis), she chose audio recordings instead of her daughter's favorite stories.

Our co-workers throughout the company put together a simple book using email of our remembrances of Anne throughout the years a number of us worked together before she passed for her daughter to read later.

That was one of the saddest funerals I have ever been to.

Sorry to relate that sad story here but somehow it makes me feel better to share. Maybe I just needed to get it out?

I had not heard the news about Aretha Franklin, Linda. More sad news.:sad1:

Hope you are having fun on your trip, Maryann!

Good news: I received a very UP phone call from DD20 (she nearly always texts unless she needs something, lol) to let us know how well she is doing with her finals (two exams left). That phone call buoyed my spirits too, and the massage yesterday helped as well.

I recommend having one-do it for YOURSELVES.

Tell them Snappy sent you!

Found a little trio of new Woodwick fragrance candles yesterday, and I believe I successfully cornered the market! never saw them packaged this way so I was just thrilled beyond reason. Ah the little joys of life!

Chocolate, massages, new Woodwick candles, and Blue Moon beer, nirvana.

And not all at once-although that is actually not a terrible plan, but can I have it all WDW too, while staying at the Waldorf?

You listening, Santa?

Sorry, I needed to lighten it up a little, hope I did not go too far.

Stay warm and safe all.

Thank you all. How I've missed you. I never stopped praying for all of you. It's so good to see how everyone is doing. So sad about EE and AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter