• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part III - GAGWTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is kind of late so pardon me if I ramble, but I thought I would post about my experiences for Marcij.

First, how did the genetic counseling go today?

For what it is worth, I had multiple spots of non-invasive DCIS, and a small area of invasive cancer. The term used by the surgeon was multi-focal as the areas of DCIS were in different quadrants, right under the nipple, and in the upper outer section both in the left breast, all discovered via the stereotactic needle biopsy. Because of being multi-focal, my only real option was a mastectomy, as not much of a breast would be left after removing all the areas of concern with wide enough margins. The surgeon also did not recommend the sentinel node method of testing nodes because the DCIS was so dispersed.

Ended up with about 30 anxillary nodes removed, fortunately all were clear of cancer cells.

I was diligent about the exercises that Linda referred too, and continue to be careful about having blood taken, blood pressure taken, cuts, burns, no tight sleeves or jewelry etc. on the affected arm. So far only very mild swelling and no lymphedema. I received a good deal of instruction about how to prevent lymphema at the hospital when I had the mastectomy.

I was told it was best to wait for reconstruction (I suspect the doctor anticipated that much larger areas of invasive cancer would surface when the breast was biopsied which fortunately did not materialize), but I did have reconstruction 2 years later in 2006. Because little skin was left after the mastectomy, the three plastics I talked to recommended the free tram flap, implants were not an option.

I did not have radiation or chemo since the size of the invasive component was so small and the nodes were all clear.

The free tram flap or the DIEP flap which is becoming more widely available as more plastics have been trained to do them, is pretty significant surgery. You do get better results cosmetically if you have the flap at the time the mastectomy is done (called immediate reconstruction). The breast surgeon will leave more skin and the plastic surgeon can hide the scars more readily.

I would be happy to share more of the details of the flap. I would try and see if your plastic surgeon has pictures of some of his work for this particular type of surgery so you can get idea of what is possible.

As Linda says, a lot of this stuff is pretty amazing. Although the stomach wound where the flap was taken from was very painful for several weeks, I thought having the reconstruction was more than worth it. I was amazed at the change from a very concave hollow chest cavity after the mastectomy to a nice sized and shaped breast. It is so much more comfortable for me than the overly large prothesis I used for 2 years. My mastectomy scar was very high but the plastic surgeon expertly built it up somehow underneath with my tissue so that the scars are now below the bra line. He also did a very good job reducing and lifting the other side.

It was a lot of surgery, with a very large (hip to hip for me) stomach wound, the opening of the mastectomy scar to place the new breast, and the reduction of the unaffected breast. I needed my husband home with me to help me 24/7 for about 8 days and then I chased him back to work. A very tight binder which is the girdle from hell is provided to support the stomach as it heals. It was very uncomfortable but I found it to be a lifesaver and helped control the pain to some degree.

I was back volunteering at my youngest daughter's school about a month after surgery. I was not working at the time so that made my recovery easier.

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

I can't address the wicking material for sleeping in. I had hot flashes pretty bad with taking the Tamoxxifen. I found lightweight cotton woven (no knits)material the best sleeping material. I have a number of Eileen West nightgowns and robes in various states of disrepair. I wear them year round since our winters are so mild here in south Louisiana.

You will want tops that button up the front. I really would not invest much money at first as my experience was there a good deal of fluid for the first week or so. If you have drains, it is good to have something with pockets that you can either put the drain bulbs inside the pocket if they are positioned right or pin them on to the pocket. I also wore loose men's shirts

It was fun to get new bras, give away the mastectomy bras, and dress like a girl again once I healed up more.

Usually the tram flap involves several stages, first the construction of the new breast, then later when you are healed a good bit, the nipple can be constructed. Different plastics hav different methods of creating the nipple, but they all net the smae result. Later if you want, you can get a tattoo to make the aureola look more real. Even that was done in the plastic surgeon's office by one of his nurses for me. I believe i had that done at about 6-8 months afterwards, and then I had a redo later as it faded some the first time.

The only real pain in all of it was the stomach wound. I bet there have been improvements since I had mine, and I believe the DIEP flap, although more difficult for the surgeon, is easier on the patient. I was lucky to only need narcotic pain meds for about 4 days after the surgery. Tylenol was much easier to tolerate, but I took a lot of it I have to admit.

Hope all of that is not too scary, but I always believe knowledge is power. Feel free to ask more or pm me if that is more comfortable for you, Marci.

I need to sign off and get to bed.

marci: what is sentinel surgery? I had senintel node mapping one day prior to my bilateral surgeyr which was in April.. Just curious...sorry you are here. It really stinks but know you will get through it.

I have not been on these boards for awhile...finished my treatments in August and now starting to feel so much better.
I go for my exchange surgery in November... In 3 weeks I have to pick what implants I want.

Originally wanted the gummies but now thinking not.. FOr anyone who has done implants lately...what did you choose.
right now have the TE's...boy do I not like them...
I

It sounds like it's the same surgery you are talking about, but he does it a week to 10 days ahead to check the nodes. If they are positive, I will need to wait on reconstruction. At least that's how I processed the info. I'm going to need that in the next few days so I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to take a couple of days off of work, etc.

Good luck on your surgery and picking the implants.

Sentinel node biopsy or dissection

http://www.cancernews.com/data/Article/202.asp

http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/surgery/lymph_node_removal/sentinel_dissection/

I had mapping done the morning of my surgery. During the surgery, they took out the sentinel node and ran it off to the pathology lab, where it was studied. Because my sentinel node was positive, they went back in and removed a total of 8 nodes. Two were positive, and that bought me some extra chemo as a precaution (to metastasis; and actually, having a positive node is considered a "local" metastasis :guilty: ). I've had some issues with mild lymphedema in that arm, and they also radiated that whole area which, between that and the surgery, has left the area pretty tender and sore, even years later. But it beats the cases of severe lymphedema that I used to see years ago when they routinely took out all the lymph nodes in the axillary area (and the lymph fluid had nowhere left to go). It's important to do the exercises they prescribe after your surgery so that the lymph fluid can reestablish a way to get back up from your arm to the rest of your body. Surgery and radiation help abolish those original pathways somewhat. It's a pretty amazing technology, though, when you think about it. Will they do radiation with you?

Thank you so much for the info! I will try to be vigilant as well, as I would love to avoid bigger problems.

It is kind of late so pardon me if I ramble, but I thought I would post about my experiences for Marcij.

First, how did the genetic counseling go today?

For what it is worth, I had multiple spots of non-invasive DCIS, and a small area of invasive cancer. The term used by the surgeon was multi-focal as the areas of DCIS were in different quadrants, right under the nipple, and in the upper outer section both in the left breast, all discovered via the stereotactic needle biopsy. Because of being multi-focal, my only real option was a mastectomy, as not much of a breast would be left after removing all the areas of concern with wide enough margins. The surgeon also did not recommend the sentinel node method of testing nodes because the DCIS was so dispersed.

Ended up with about 30 anxillary nodes removed, fortunately all were clear of cancer cells.

I was diligent about the exercises that Linda referred too, and continue to be careful about having blood taken, blood pressure taken, cuts, burns, no tight sleeves or jewelry etc. on the affected arm. So far only very mild swelling and no lymphedema. I received a good deal of instruction about how to prevent lymphema at the hospital when I had the mastectomy.

I was told it was best to wait for reconstruction (I suspect the doctor anticipated that much larger areas of invasive cancer would surface when the breast was biopsied which fortunately did not materialize), but I did have reconstruction 2 years later in 2006. Because little skin was left after the mastectomy, the three plastics I talked to recommended the free tram flap, implants were not an option.

I did not have radiation or chemo since the size of the invasive component was so small and the nodes were all clear.

The free tram flap or the DIEP flap which is becoming more widely available as more plastics have been trained to do them, is pretty significant surgery. You do get better results cosmetically if you have the flap at the time the mastectomy is done (called immediate reconstruction). The breast surgeon will leave more skin and the plastic surgeon can hide the scars more readily.

I would be happy to share more of the details of the flap. I would try and see if your plastic surgeon has pictures of some of his work for this particular type of surgery so you can get idea of what is possible.

As Linda says, a lot of this stuff is pretty amazing. Although the stomach wound where the flap was taken from was very painful for several weeks, I thought having the reconstruction was more than worth it. I was amazed at the change from a very concave hollow chest cavity after the mastectomy to a nice sized and shaped breast. It is so much more comfortable for me than the overly large prothesis I used for 2 years. My mastectomy scar was very high but the plastic surgeon expertly built it up somehow underneath with my tissue so that the scars are now below the bra line. He also did a very good job reducing and lifting the other side.

It was a lot of surgery, with a very large (hip to hip for me) stomach wound, the opening of the mastectomy scar to place the new breast, and the reduction of the unaffected breast. I needed my husband home with me to help me 24/7 for about 8 days and then I chased him back to work. A very tight binder which is the girdle from hell is provided to support the stomach as it heals. It was very uncomfortable but I found it to be a lifesaver and helped control the pain to some degree.

I was back volunteering at my youngest daughter's school about a month after surgery. I was not working at the time so that made my recovery easier.

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

I can't address the wicking material for sleeping in. I had hot flashes pretty bad with taking the Tamoxxifen. I found lightweight cotton woven (no knits)material the best sleeping material. I have a number of Eileen West nightgowns and robes in various states of disrepair. I wear them year round since our winters are so mild here in south Louisiana.

You will want tops that button up the front. I really would not invest much money at first as my experience was there a good deal of fluid for the first week or so. If you have drains, it is good to have something with pockets that you can either put the drain bulbs inside the pocket if they are positioned right or pin them on to the pocket. I also wore loose men's shirts

It was fun to get new bras, give away the mastectomy bras, and dress like a girl again once I healed up more.

Usually the tram flap involves several stages, first the construction of the new breast, then later when you are healed a good bit, the nipple can be constructed. Different plastics hav different methods of creating the nipple, but they all net the smae result. Later if you want, you can get a tattoo to make the aureola look more real. Even that was done in the plastic surgeon's office by one of his nurses for me. I believe i had that done at about 6-8 months afterwards, and then I had a redo later as it faded some the first time.

The only real pain in all of it was the stomach wound. I bet there have been improvements since I had mine, and I believe the DIEP flap, although more difficult for the surgeon, is easier on the patient. I was lucky to only need narcotic pain meds for about 4 days after the surgery. Tylenol was much easier to tolerate, but I took a lot of it I have to admit.

Hope all of that is not too scary, but I always believe knowledge is power. Feel free to ask more or pm me if that is more comfortable for you, Marci.

I need to sign off and get to bed.

Thank you so much for all the info. It sounds like I'll be going through something very similar. Genetic testing/counseling went great. I'm glad I am doing it. I have a strong family history of bc so I'd like to know, if only so that they can watch me closer and do better testing for Ovarian cancer.

I've been reading on the Komen discussion boards and found the info very helpful. I only really have my Mom's experience 14 years ago as a close example. I love has know passed, but not because of bc. When she went through the surgery, she was 11 years older, not in nearly as good of health and had just stopped smoking 5 days before the surgery, and had a bad attitude. Her mother had died young and she was convinced she was going to.

I know having as good an attitude as possible will help a great deal. I'm thinking of taking some of the advice on Komen about getting extra equipment to help -- either a recliner or a specialized chair, a shower stool, a temporary lift for the toilet and a walker. (we have the little walker with a brake from when Mom had other surgery) Do you guys that have been through this think it is overkill?

I can't tell you guys enough how much it means that you will re-type the main points to help me out. I'm now in overdrive trying to get work and home projects done enough where I can just relax after surgery. My boss is terrific and she will help out however I need. But, since we are a small business there are a couple of easy things only I can do, and I can do those ahead of time.

Have a good day.:)

I have not been on these boards for awhile...finished my treatments in August and now starting to feel so much better.
I go for my exchange surgery in November... In 3 weeks I have to pick what implants I want.

Originally wanted the gummies but now thinking not.. FOr anyone who has done implants lately...what did you choose.
right now have the TE's...boy do I not like them...
I

I'm getting my implant in November too :banana:. I can't wait - the TE's are very uncomfortable. I was going to get a saline implant but decided against it because the feel would be too much like the TE so I decided on the regular silicone implant - not the gummy. They all have their plus/minus points and none of them have everything that I would like. I wanted to just transfer the fat from my thighs to my chest but evidently they don't do that :headache: Although there is so much there, then I would be lopsided going the other direction :lmao:. Wishing you well with whatever you choose.

marcij - I'm glad you are getting such good information here. I too had the sentinal node mapping and biopsy done the day of my mastectomy so I can't help you with your question. As the others mentioned - it's important to keep your arm/arms clean and free from infection after and if they are only doing one side, make sure all needle sticks, BP, blood draws, chemo etc. is done on the other side. I have mild lymphedema on the back and into my arm pit but it's not too bad and very mild on my arm. Since I'm having the implant I can't help you with your other question, but if you have to have chemo/radiation - I will be able help you with any questions you might have - but I really hope that you won't have to go that route :thumbsup2.

GAGWTA

Marci, after my mastectomy I had my drains in for a long time and had to do sitz baths for the duration of the time they were in (the last one was removed about a month after surgery). I just sat on the edge of my tub which is a deep one with a very wide lip where I could confortably do it. Washing the hair was difficult but I got used to it.

After the reconconstruction I used a shower chair to sit in the shower. My plastic surgeon allowed me to take a shower even with the drains in, unlie the breast surgeon. Honestly, the first 8 days I needed my husband to help me get in and out of the shower. I did sit down on the chair and it was also helpful to have a place to put the drain.
The drain only stayed in for about a week after the reconstruction, and I no longer needed the chair as I remember after about 8 days.

Your results might be very different.

I slept in bed from the first day, not in the recliner, but I will say getting in and out of bed was very painful. Again, my husband helped me in and out of bed those first days. I felt better actually after I got off the narcotics, much better in fact. And the binder around my stomach also helped.

It is important to begin walking in the hospital. The nurse got me up the next morning after the reconstruction. First she moved me to a chair then sort of tricked me into standing. I almost fainted and I am sure I cursed her. I was still ont he morphine drip at that point. Each time getting up though was easier until I walked down the hall a good bit by the time I went home. Insurance only allowed me to stay int he hospital for 2 nights but I was ready to go home.

One detail. . . they keep the hospital room very very warn that first night to keep the flap warm. I thought I was coming down with a fever. My mom stayed with me that first night. It would have been better for her if she had cooler clothes on since it must have been over 90 degrees in that room. They woke me up often to check the flap to make sure the blood flow was robust. Neither of us got much sleep that night. It is actually very cool the way they reestablish the blood flow by attaching a vein and artery in the flap to a vein and artery somewhere in your chest. You want a plastic surgeon that does a lot of neurosurgery like this. I found out which doc in this particular practice did the neurosurgery for all flap patients and he was the one for me. He even does that part of the surgery for the patients of other doctors in that practice.

I am not sure if you will need the walker and the lift for the toilet. However, I will tell you that I work for a non-profit that helps people get access to those things, and I am all for having whatever you might need beforehand.

If you don't need them, where is the harm?

I remember a lot of pain getting into position on the toilet but it was very short lived and I could handle it.

I think there are non-profits like us in other states. Google under assistive technology and your state. We operate using federal and state grants and most states have a counterpart to us. You may be able to get a short term loan of devices for a small fee. This all takes time I know but you could save $$$ on itmes you may or may not use.

Are you having the free tram flap or the DIEP procedure?

marci:

a great website is breastcancer.org. Join the discussion group in the month you will have surgery, chemo or radiation. I did. It was wonderful for me. I now have been conversing with the same women since May. We all had masectomies in the same month. We have all gone through chemo together and help each other out with our side effects, special tips, and just general good will to each other.
It made a difference for me as no one can understand what you are going through unless you have been through it. I wish you all the best

I'm getting my implant in November too :banana:. I can't wait - the TE's are very uncomfortable. I was going to get a saline implant but decided against it because the feel would be too much like the TE so I decided on the regular silicone implant - not the gummy. They all have their plus/minus points and none of them have everything that I would like. I wanted to just transfer the fat from my thighs to my chest but evidently they don't do that :headache: Although there is so much there, then I would be lopsided going the other direction :lmao:. Wishing you well with whatever you choose.

that is funny about the thighs. I am leaning towards the silicone imlant as well. Somehow I wish we could try them out (lol).I go on NOv. 3rd to pick out what implants I want. bringing a few friends with me. This should be interesting. Since my plastic surgeon is in NYC we will probably go out afterwards for a few cocktails and dinner. Now that I will be looking forward to

I second the breastcancer.org recommendation. I did not realize there was an active forum there. It is also a great source of info.

Another website I visited alot before deciding on the reconstruction was facingourrisk.org. There were a lot of people there at the time I frequented it that had had genetic testing. The facing the risk idea referred to those carrying the BRAC I and II genes. I have not been tested, but I gleaned a lot of info on that site. I never posted there but was a lurker.

Marci,

Since I have bladder cancer, not breast cancer, I really can't help with any answers for you. But I wanted to say that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Good evening ladies

PatsMom - I hope you are recovering from your treatment

Lisa - thinking of you and hoping you are not in too much pain from your surgery

Thoughts and prayers for all those having procedures.(KJ, minniejeanie,marcie)

I missed dh 4th phone call again. Have never spoke to him. He says he wont speak to me for the next 5 days between russia and china filtering his calls etc. like last time. Well today I spent so much time on the phone with the ins. company about that reclast infusion.

Tomm. they gave me another number to call but I did manage to book the ultrasound. I go for the ultrasound and I think the day before or after I see the oncologist. If its after maybe she could get a copy of the report if it has been read etc. So I made some progress. Friday I might call the reg. doctor, only 3 weeks and I havent even HEARD about my blood tests. Me thinks its time for a new dr. I will discuss this with dh. I want to get onboard with the new dr. before all this health stuff goes through etc.

GTAGWTA.

GAGWTA everyone! I know it's been forever since I've been on here. Y'all are never far from my mind. I feel like someone stuck my life on fast forward! I had my adrenal glands removed in the middle of May and since then I've been going like gangbusters (what are gangbusters?). Anyway, I started back to school 7 weeks after surgery and got a 4.0 summer quarter! I took a lower level chemistry class and a rock music class. This quarter I just have chemistry. I started out with chemistry and physics, but it was just too much for my body to handle, so I'm only doing what I love... chemistry! It's fantastic! I never knew I actually was kinda good at it... Now I'm hoping for a BS in Biochem and either heading to med school if I can convince my body to hold up or biochem research. I finished a 5K race a few weeks ago, which was a huge accomplishment for me and have started to lose some weight (finally!). I'm also training for a half-marathon next June. I'm also in a club at school that is for science geeks and we go to elementary schools and teach science. Way cool! So all in all, I'm very happy now. My life is so much better for the most part. There have been some bumps in the road and there will continue to be. I will still be going for brain scans and there may be more brain surgery and/or radiation in my future, but for now I'm just going to live life to the fullest and enjoy as much as I can.

Hugs!

honugirl - Glad to hear things are going so well. Congrats on the 5-K!!!

Well - I got home from work last night and there was a letter stating that my ultrasound had been read by someone "higher up" and was inconclusive and now I need an MRI :headache::headache:. I'm not "bleeding before I'm shot" I still think it's just an "old lady lump" but MORE TESTS ugh! I know you can all relate with just not wanting another test!!!!!! I don't know if I can get it in before we leave at the end of the month or not. If I get home from work early enough to call for an appointment tonight I will or it will be Monday. Tomorrow my in-laws will be there when I get home from work so I don't want them to know anything. Oh well - there's always worse things that could happen. LMP - maybe I'll get my twins yet :lmao:

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you know the surgery went well and I am not feeling too badly. I ended up with one drain on each side (the plastic surgeon previously thought I would only need one). I'm a little sore around the stitches on the left side (which was the radiation side), but other than that I feel pretty good.

DH and I went for a slow walk around the neighborhood last night. I felt pretty good and probably would have gone a little farther if I wasn't feeling loopy from the Vicodin lol. I see the plastic surgeon today for a follow up visit.

I am enjoying the discussion about the implants people are getting - type, size, etc. Everyone keeps asking me about the size and I'm having fun explaining that the plastic surgeon and I opted for smaller implants since I'm still losing weight. With the TE's still in, I was bigger on the left side than the right due to the radiation treatments. During my final consult with the plastic surgeon, we were discussing what size implants to go with. He kept measuring and looking from one side to the other. He then asked me how much more weight I planned on losing so I told him a minimum of 65 pounds. He said, "We'd better go with the smaller side." lol. I then reminded him of the conversation we had when I first saw him. At the time, I was very over weight and had a rather large rack. He kept telling me, "You won't be this size when I do the reconstruction." I told him, "I don't plan on having this body when you put the implants in so it won't matter!" I reminded him of that conversation during the final consult. He remembered our discussion and said it was certainly true now.

I just think it's funny how everyone not familiar with breast cancer thinks that when you're having implants, you're having porn star size implants put in.;)

Lisa:
good luck to you. Glad it is over. .I am one month out and so tired of being pricked and probed. this is hopefully my last hurdle.

Kudos to you for losing all that weight. It is such a hard thing to do. Wish I had your will power

Lisa, glad to hear you are up and about and the surgery went well!

KJ...:headache::hug: I guess there is always some consolation in the fact that they are being careful, but I know what you mean about having more test.

honugirl, sounds like you are in a really great place right now! You go girl!!! :thumbsup2

LMP, sorry you keep missing calls from the DH. What a bummer. I can't even imagine how hard it must be with him gone so much.

I didn't have implants, so can't comment on that. I just decided to stay uneven! But I'm pretty small on the other side so it's really not a big deal for me.

Got the official diagnoses today....I'm diabetic. :headache: Guess I'm in for a crash course in learning to manage that. Ugh.....wish I wasn't such a fan of pasta, potatoes, bread, and dessert! :rolleyes1 Still waiting to get the next set of scans scheduled. Blah.

GAGWTA!!!! :goodvibes

Good afternoon ladies

Lisa (honu) - good to "hear" from you. I am glad things are going so well for you. You have alot of spunk!! I always think of you and the "bright" colors!!

Lisa (FL) - I am so glad you are doing well after the surgery. Wow, I dont think I got out of the chair after my surgery and just kept popping pain killers all the time. Wishing you a fast healing

KJ - so sorry that you have to have more testing. Its good they want to be thorough

Cheryl - Will you just have to do diet for control or meds? I guess like Lauries dh, its a lot to learn etc. and an adjustment. Wishing you all the best.

I was doing some paperwork cleaning by the computer. Wowsa.5 peoples stuff etc. A few things I saved to ask the ds about. I didnt make any medical calls today. Tomm. I will tackle the gp and my blood tests. I am not expecting an answer but need to make an appt. so I can get my one med etc. Oh what fun! I am taking a cooking day off and getting chinese. Ds20 will be coming home tomm. from dog sitting. I am asking him to take me to the dollar store sat. I need to get all the stuff to start the shoe boxes for operation christmas child. I will be watching the yankees tomm.

GTAGWTA. Thinking of you all always.

I just wanted to pop on and tell you all again how much I appreciate the advice and support. Y'all are a wonderful group of people. :goodvibes

I have to go in Wednesday to get the shot needed to do the sentinel node biopsy on Thursday. Monday I have my physical for surgical clearance, Tuesday the dentist and Friday I'm sure I'll be taking it easy after the biopsy. Throw work in, and the 4th should be here quickly.

Have a great weekend all!

CherylDan - Sorry to hear about the Diabetes diagnosis. I hope you are able to treat it through your diet. I'm sure it will be tough, but you'll tackle this, too.

MaryAnn - I don't know how you handle your DH being away so much. Hoping you get good news with your blood test results.

marcij - Hang in there.:hug:

KJ - Keep up the good attitude. I'm sure you're tired of all the test and hate the waiting, though.

honugirl - Congrats on the 5K! That's an accomplishment after what you've been through. It's nice that you've found your niche in school, too. Keep up the good work!

Feeling even better today than yesterday. The pain is mostly gone (I stopped taking the Vicodin yesterday) and I'm able to do more. My checkup went great - the doctor said everything looked fine. I can't get the drains out until there is less that 30 cc's of fluid in a 24 hour period. I'm hoping to reach that by Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!:sunny:

Lisa - Glad to hear that you are doing well. Those drains are a real pain aren't they. Itch like crazy and just having to deal with them under the clothes and then the tubes get longer and longer until they are hanging around your ankles and you can tuck the drains in your shoes :rotfl:. Hope you get them out soon.

marcij - Wishing you well next week.

When I called to schedule the MRI last night I asked them if I could even have one since I had metal in my chest with the expander still in place. I had been told previously - no MRI's. The nurse said - oh my gosh NO!!! The TE could get pulled right out of the skin or moved around in my body. I told her I was lopsided enough without the expander being moved to my stomach so I would pass on the MRI for now :lmao:. Anyhoo - now they aren't sure what to do with me so I have to go back in mid Nov. for further evaluation, whatever that means :confused3. So - not going to worry about it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

GAGWTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter