Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part III - GAGWTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMP - Sorry to hear you're feeling so sick. It's sounds as though you're doing everything you can to make it better, though.

Sha - I am so jealous! I have always wanted to go on the Grand 1 - it's one of the few things at WDW that I haven't been able to do over the years. I hope you had fun.

Had my Herceptin infusion this morning. It was much quicker than last week and I feel pretty good. Right now I'm waiting for DD to get here for the weekend. I'm so excited!

Good afternoon ladies

Sha - wow! The Grand!! That is so awesome, jealous I am. Take some pictures!! Have a great time!!

Fl Lisa - Have a great week end with your dd

Laura - Hope you are doing ok

Candy - I hope the treatment isint too rough on you today:hug:

Lisa - Hmm, I am giving you a hootie who Candy come out sista call!!

Well I have finally seen the light of day since ds21 took me to the grocery store. It was a totally exhausting trip. I saw a lady from church who works there. I guess I looked pretty pathetic to her. I saw the ds friend around the corner have sold their house and are moving. They are sad. I guess they forgot to telll me. Dh called from ERngland. He said he is glad he did not have to do the driving. A guy from Germany did I think. He said it was foogy, the roads were so narrow andhe couldnt believe about the steering wheel on the right and shifting with your L hand, he said he could have never done it. etc. He might calll before he leaves england or when he gets to denmark and sweeden. The ds have been really helpful so I am :).

I am working on the final plans for our dec trip. Has anyone ever done the FG tea? I dont know if I could do it myself and it doesnt sound like dh cup of tea:rotfl2:. Also anyone ever done La Nouba? or Shulas? Dh said he doesnt want to go to MVMCP, sigh, sigh for me.

GTAGWTA. Thinking of you all.

My mom spoke to her friend Lee. She is doing okay... she has had 5 chemo treatments and has 3 more to go. Nothing to report as far as status on if everything is clear or not.

I do plan to have a good time tonight. Getting ready now... will have some pictures I hope later for you all.

LMP - I haven't done the tea. Not really something I would be in to doing. We have done La Nouba a few times - it is fabulous! I have been seated in the lower and upper sections and I think the upper section is better because you experience more of the show. If you've been to a regular circus, it is completely different but in a good way. I think you would enjoy it!

GAGWTA, Ladies!! :dance3:

Maryann, I have friends who have done the tea and they enjoyed it, but DS and DH would not be happy if I made them go. We saw La Nouba in '07 or '08 and it was fabulous. I don't think I have EVER heard anyone say they didn't like it. We had seats on the front row of the upper level, one section over from the exact center. They were Tier II seats, and we could see everything just fine. :thumbsup2 WE went to the earlier show and had dinner at Puck's afterward.

My friend had her appt. Thursday. The Dr. "thinks" it is cancer and she is scheduled to have her thyroid out 12/14. She is very upset. She was hoping they could leave at least half of the thyroid, but apparently NOT. She has had a rough year and this is icing on the cake. :guilty: I am hoping to convince her to come have dinner with us at WDW 12/4. We have a bunk bed room, so she can stay the night if she wants.

LMP- my daughter and I did the Fairy Godmother tea a few years ago. It was great! Most of the little girls are dressed up. They serve a lovely tea with finger sandwiches. The characters make there way aroudn the room and the girls parade around with the Fairy Godmother. ITs all very cute and my daughter loved it. She got a doll with a crown and a few other things. It was worth the money when you added in the merchandise she got with it. I'm glad we did it.

Good afternoon ladies

Candy - Hope you are recovering from your chemo treatment

Laura - How is it going sista? Hang in there! One day at a time!

Laurie - Bet you must be up to your ears with numbers and crunching etc.

Sha - Have a magical day!

Maureen - That sounds like it was fun for sure

Well ds19 took me to the cvs. Had to pick up a med for him and me. And restock on the halloween candy which they have eaten tons of already, sigh, sigh. and while we were gone guess who called us from a double decker bus in London, yup dh. Sounds like he is having fun!! I am going to work on the final plans. We have too many table service. I am thinking of dropping 2 - cape May Cafe and Liberty Tree. We are already going to pay oop for shulas. The rest we have are crystal palace,coral reef,chefs de France,Tusker House lunch and tutto italia for the candelight processional and Hollywood and Vine for Fantasmic Package. We will also pay oop for the captains grill breakfast buffet the last day we are there. I dont know how this free dining thing is going to work out. I guess I want to see if its worth it etc. I did try to get a room only first but didnt like the resort choices they had. I cant remember what they were. The nice church lady called and said more people want to cook for me so we may get a few meals over the next 2 weeks while dh is away. They are all just so sweet at church. What a blessing to us. I get exhausted just taking a shower etc. Pathetic, I know.

LMP when are you going?

I had dinner last night at Teppen Edo.. it was good... but not something I will do again. I wish that Disney would take 2 counter service meals and make it a table service..... only because you can make a table service into 2 counter service meals. Makes sense to me. I also wish they would do a option of dessert OR appetizer.

Has been a great trip. Had some down time, but mainly when I was alone. Having a quite morning this morning. I have Tea this afternoon and then MNSSHP. 3 of us have a matching shirt... very cute, sort of in memory of our friend Jen who died this year.

The yacht was AWESOME! I am hoping to do... planning to do again in May. I took a couple pics... will get them out soon. Maybe today.

I need to catch up, but right now, i think i am going to lay back down and rest and stretch.

Good afternoon sistas

Sha - we are going Dec 9-16. Would love to meet up, but arent you going to DL then? I will be praying for your mom

Well dh callled me from Sweeden. I have actually been with him to where he is now, but he is leaving now I think to London? and then getting on the plane to Siberia, sigh, sigh. I wont be hearing from him for quite a while, so I will sure be praying alot. I had so much bad pain last night that I had to take 2 percocet and now today its bearable so I am holding off on the percocet. I feel like I am taking 2 steps backwards sometimes. Had a very nice dinner from church yest and today another lady is dropping something off. We are blessed and spoiled. Alyssas mom had to have her gallbladder out, poor thing, She had the surgeon who I originally had at the local hsp. years ago, she knows I cant stand this guy. He was one who almost killed me when I had a massive staph infection post op. Oh yes, Go Yankees!!! (sorry Alice):):cheer2:

Hope everyone is well

LMP - Sorry to hear you are having so much pain. I am no fan of Percocet either - I call myself Dopeygirl when I take it. Don't like the feeling, but it does work. I hope you feel better soon.

I second your Go Yankees cheer!:cheer2:

I might not be posting in the correct place if it's wrong---please move....I had a mammo done about a month ago (just for baseline) and it came back abnormal & was sent for follow-up mammo & ultrasound. Received the phone call from it while on vacation at Disney a couple weeks that it was still considered abnormal & for me to see a surgeon when we get back from vacation....went to surgeon had needle biopsy done in office that day and received the phone call that it was abnormal & approx 1 inch mass needs to come out. I go next Monday at outpatient at hospital to have removed---I'm scared but can't let people around me know this.....so here I am venting to you guys----thanks for listening....

I come back from DL the 7th and am at WDW the 18-20th with mom.

Maybe figure out a way to get to say hi. Surgery in the morning and I am tired from the weekend. I have to get up around 430am. Will post how things go later in the day. Im trying not to get anxious. Mom is calm... or seems to be.

I might not be posting in the correct place if it's wrong---please move....I had a mammo done about a month ago (just for baseline) and it came back abnormal & was sent for follow-up mammo & ultrasound. Received the phone call from it while on vacation at Disney a couple weeks that it was still considered abnormal & for me to see a surgeon when we get back from vacation....went to surgeon had needle biopsy done in office that day and received the phone call that it was abnormal & approx 1 inch mass needs to come out. I go next Monday at outpatient at hospital to have removed---I'm scared but can't let people around me know this.....so here I am venting to you guys----thanks for listening....

I am confused about the call about saying the needle biopsy result was abnormal. I believe you should ask for more information and should call and ask to speak with the surgeon. I think you should also ask for a copy of the pathology report from the biopsy. Personally I would ask for a face to face before Monday, failing that I would ask at least to speak to him/her over the phone.

It will tell you more information, although not as much as the path report from the removal of the whole area.

Was the needle biopsy a stereotactic needle biopsy done in radiology or a fine needle aspiration?

For myself, I had the stereotactic needle and the path report clearly spelled out that i had multiple areas of non invasive ductal carcinoma in situ with one small area of invasive cancer. The size of the invasive area was clearly identified.

The term abnormal could indicate that they have found no cancer but tissue that could someday lead to cancer, thus the treatment is to remove the area in its entirety. This did happen to my sister. The true nature of the tissue in her case was not determined until it was excised. She did not have a lumpectomy but it was called a surgical biopsy to remove the area that was suspicious on the mammogram.

If you can obtain more info. I always say info is power. Most biopsies turn out with benign results. I am just unclear if the surgery you are scheduled for on Monday is an excisional surgical biopsy or not.

Please don't let all of the above scare you. We care and want to help with info.

Laurie

I come back from DL the 7th and am at WDW the 18-20th with mom.

Maybe figure out a way to get to say hi. Surgery in the morning and I am tired from the weekend. I have to get up around 430am. Will post how things go later in the day. Im trying not to get anxious. Mom is calm... or seems to be.

Please let us know how the surgery goes for you mom. Let her know we are with her in spirit,

Saying prayers for her tonight.

First part of the surgery is done. The generator was moved to the abdomen and they are working now on mom's mastectomy.

First part of the surgery is done. The generator was moved to the abdomen and they are working now on mom's mastectomy.

I hope her surgery goes well and doesn't take too long, for your sake.

The day I have been dreading since I started my treatment has arrived. My hair has begun falling out in massive amounts. Every time I brush it there's a handful in the brush. I already have a wig, but it's still unsettling seeing handfuls of hair coming out each time I brush or wash my hair. I know it will grow back eventually, but it's still hard to deal with. I have my second chemo on Friday. Trying to keep up the positive attitude I've had so far.

The day I have been dreading since I started my treatment has arrived. My hair has begun falling out in massive amounts. Every time I brush it there's a handful in the brush. I already have a wig, but it's still unsettling seeing handfuls of hair coming out each time I brush or wash my hair. I know it will grow back eventually, but it's still hard to deal with. I have my second chemo on Friday. Trying to keep up the positive attitude I've had so far.

I can only imagine that feeling WDW4us2.

Mom is out of surgery and in recovery, all went well. Had to move her other DBS wire over. Only took 2 lymph nodes out because the enlarged but soft. This way she can still have that arm for BPs and needlesticks. So a modified radical was done. Waiting to see her. Thanks for the prayers. Will keep you all posted. :grouphug:

When I had chemo I just went ahead and shaved my hair off. For me it was easier than watching it fall out. Just an idea. Hang in there. It grows back!:grouphug:

had a late lunch with my sister and Im now home and going to rest for a bit before I go back and see my mom. Im TIRED! Will see how her pain is when I get there. Was bothering her.

Good evening ladies

Pie - welcome and hope all goes well for you, sorry I cant answer, I have a different cancer, but snappys info sounds good

Sha - I am so happy to hear your moms surgery went well

Fl Lisa - I am so sorry about your hair. Sending you a :hug: Hang in there sista! We gotta fight tough!!

Well it was quiet here today. I wont be hearing from dh in Siberia I am sure. Got our airline tickets today. Something went wrong and I ended up with the early bird check in. I will worry about this later, but still the price is really good for us here. Our dream is almost a reality. I think, boy do I need and deserve this vacation, well maybe I shouldnt be that full of myself!! Thinking of this trip kept me going through alot of the dark days for sure. I know I am gonna cry when I get there, cant help it. The reservation guy asked are you celebrating anything special? DH told the guy, we are celebrating life since my wife has cancer etc. Gee, I really hope he didnt write all that down, he did say , oh I will write personal triumph. That sounds good to me!! Anyone ever do online check in. I didnt request anything, but would like something closer to the front door etc. I got my mamo reminder, so I will ask the reg. dr. office to write the script. Now I have to make sure its exactly 1 year or I will have ins. problems etc. So now I will have to go on the trip after the blood test and worry if the cancer has come back, but I will put that in the far back of my mind and just have a good time. I guess this will be my life every 3-4 months now. Wait and see. and pray and praise. God is good no matter what. Blessings to you all.

GTAGWRTA. Thinking of you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter