• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Boards Anonymous?

praisehisname

DIS Veteran
My hubby wanted me to ask if there is a 12-step program for addicts to this board...and he wasn't kidding! Apparently I am driving him crazy telling him all the little things I am learning! We did the 4 night Wonder back in February, and are booked for the 7 night Eastern next February. It seems so far away! I love coming here and reliving our cruise through other people's trip reports and jumping in when I can with little helpful hints. Thanks so much for a great forum!

Denise C. in MD

:sunny: I agree with you. I think mine feels the same way. But it helps ease the pain of waiting for your cruise date. Also, DIS boards have a bunches of nice people just like us to talk with about one of our favorate subjects.:boat:

My DH was getting annoyed with all the time I spent on these boards.

About two weeks ago, I caught him glimpsing here and there.::yes:: Then a few days later, he exclaimed, "You have me hooked now!"::yes:: :hyper:

It seems the only time I can have these boards to myself is while he's at work. After dinner, it's a race to see who can get here first!:teeth:

If there is a cure for this addiction, I don't think I want to know about it. My DW and DD might have other thoughts about that though, LOL!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:confused: Addiciton? I have an addiction? Just because I spend hours reading posts, posting replies and searching for answers?
Now do I have to stand up in an anonymous group and say:
"Hello, I'm Nancy and Im a DISer." ;)
My best friend has asked me please to stop speaking in alphabet letters. I tend to give her information and use board abbreviations (you know DCL, DVC, BWV etc.) as I speak. It can be confusing to her.
Well as far as addicitons go I guess that this one is pretty harmless. And as far as I am concerned pretty helpful. So come on down and join all of us who are so addicted!;)

there is no cure for us, we can never ever leave this place! I admit I have no life, I live on these boards!!!

Denise~ My daughter also says the same thing "Where'd ya learn that?? On your DisBoards?" When we went on the Magic in January and I recognized people or they recognized me, she'd just roll her eyes.... but I have taught her a lot with all I've learned here since I signed on a long, long, long time ago.

:rotfl: I confess, I'm Kathy and I am an addict!

My poor DH (and DDs too) are so sick of hearing about the cruise and the little plans I've got going. I did this to him on both our WDW trips in 97 and 2000, and you know he wasn't complaining about how things went while we were there!::yes::

I know I have a problem because I sneak on the board to get my fix when he's not around and has no idea how long I am on line. Then I can watch a TV program with him (which BTW I usually have no interest in) and he thinks I've kicked the habit.

I look at it like this: it's a healthy fix, unlike alcohol or drugs, and it reaps many benefits when we leave for vacation and everything goes fairly smooth. And I love watching my family as all the little special pixie dust touches make their day.:wizard:

I just really worry about the withdrawals I'll have after June 28th.:(

Kathy

My husband thought I was nuts because of all the time I spent on the DIS boards! However, when we went on the 2/21/04 cruise, he saw that my time on the DIS boards paid off! We met some great people through these boards that made our trip even better. And with my prior knowledge, we didn't miss things on the cruise that other "less knowledgeable" people did!

Gayl

My husband isn't coming on our cruise next year, he's staying home to take care of the animals and so I have to keep myself as calm as possible when I'm on the boards because he just doesn't want to hear it! He thinks I'm crazy anyway with or without the DIS boards which is okay by me! :hyper:

I have to admit it, i am an addict too! My husband laughs at me every time he catches me on here! (wich is very often!) He does admit that I do get a lot of helpful info here. My dd is also very addicted, she is always at my side when i am on.:bounce:

Kind of like the old Eagles' song; "....you can debark any time you like, but you can NEVER leave...." Hehehe... Same thing with the Disney Resorts; "....you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..." :laughing:

Another song comes to mind; "If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right". But in our cases, it's "if researching Disney vacations is wrong, I don't wanna be right".

:rotfl:

I'm in a silly mood today :tilt:

Hi my name is Rich and Im addicted :sits down and waits for the rest to speak:

My name is Han1211 and I too have an addiction.:wave2:
It all started when my DW showed me some stuff she had found. :happy1:

I am muntzfab4 and I am an addict, too!

I even got some friends at work hooked!

The boards are amazing - I tell anyone i know who is planning a trip to check it out.

Still trying to get DH to read the boards, but then again, I don't want to have to fight for my time here!

Originally posted by Mickeyhugger
My DH was getting annoyed with all the time I spent on these boards.

About two weeks ago, I caught him glimpsing here and there.::yes:: Then a few days later, he exclaimed, "You have me hooked now!"::yes:: :hyper:

It seems the only time I can have these boards to myself is while he's at work. After dinner, it's a race to see who can get here first!:teeth:

You just need to do what we do - 2 computers and DSL! We've even done chat together.:D

Read the boards - constantly at home and cruise them at work on occasion - drivinging everyone nuts- I think I may even be repeating myself to people who I tell stuff to about what I have learned - Do they have a Betty Ford type clinic for people like us? My husband is threatening to pull the cable (of course there is always the phone line LOL)

I just don't tell my husband about all the things I find out on the boards and about our trips anymore--although he probably guesses what I am reading about. Actually the DIS boards are helping my DH is two ways:

#1--He doesn't have to hear all my enthusiam, b/c YOU all do! He cannot fathom why I am so excited so far in advance.

#2 --He did appreciate all the research I had done when we were at Disney. It saved us lots of time and money.

Originally posted by april riddle
Do they have a Betty Ford type clinic for people like us?

No, our treatment is when the trip finally comes around. Then we're cured--for a day or so.

I know what you mean about being an addict on this forum. My DH feels the same way! He just rolls his eyes but I know he will be glad I did spend the time when we are on our first cruise May 20th. I am sooooo excited!
Marilyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter