DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Did anyone successfully get more than 8 days of tickets through the DIS group? We got 8 days (before the 3/11 ticketing changeover that changed the calculator to a max of 5 days), but we were really hoping for 9 days. The CM at Group Reservations told me that 8 was the max, so I hesitate to call them back unless others were able to get more than 8 days (or more than 5 recently, I guess). I *imagine* if worse comes to worse, I could add a day at concierge once we get down there, but if I can get this lined up ahead of time, it would be ideal.

This will be our first Dis Event and we are super excited! Was just wondering, does anyone wear anything special during the week to help identify themselves as a DisBoards/Disunplugged supporter to others while in the parks? Hat? Button? Secret wave?

This will be our first Dis Event and we are super excited! Was just wondering, does anyone wear anything special during the week to help identify themselves as a DisBoards/Disunplugged supporter to others while in the parks? Hat? Button? Secret wave?

well, assuming the credentials are like the ones they used for the Megameet they are rather large/noticeable lanyards - so that was one way

There are also plenty of DIS t-shirts you can buy (they made one special for the mega meet - not sure if they are doing for this)

If all else fails you can just shout "MOIST!" and see who starts lauging

I wish I had a permission slip and a couple extra dollars. I don't think I can pull it off with Marathon weekend in 2018. One day I will make one of these events.
I'm with ya, Ryan! And with any luck, we'll make it to the SAME event, so I can give ya a BIG hug!! :) :)

Finally, Everything is booked. Not staying on property this trip which stinks, (have a trip in October coming up too) Will be staying at the Red Lion which is 15 minutes away from the parking lot which is ok. Staying Tuesday to Saturday. Can't wait for the party at Epcot!!!!

I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to come down 5/31 - 6/4. I need to be at home on 5/30 so I think the 31st is the earliest I could fly down. I have a flight credit so that would mostly be covered, so that leaves hotel, tickets and food although as a solo I tend not to eat as much. Go for it, or not worth it for such a short trip?

I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to come down 5/31 - 6/4. I need to be at home on 5/30 so I think the 31st is the earliest I could fly down. I have a flight credit so that would mostly be covered, so that leaves hotel, tickets and food although as a solo I tend not to eat as much. Go for it, or not worth it for such a short trip?
My friend is coming down the 31st until the 3rd so Yeah it's worth it. Im coming a day earlier until the 3rd. We are staying at the Red Lion Hotel, Very nice hotel and super cheap. Booked thru Tripadvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...ndo_Kissimmee_Maingate-Kissimmee_Florida.html

We are doing a split between Pop and BW. Originally booked Pop all 7n for awesome group rate. BW group wasn't that good as AP was better. Couldn't stand it, I had to be at Epcot resorts part of time so booked BW AP rate for Jun 2-6, kept Pop 5/30 to Jun 2. Wouldn't you know that party is 6/1 at EPcot? We won't check in there to next day! Oh well still so excited.

My friend is coming down the 31st until the 3rd so Yeah it's worth it. Im coming a day earlier until the 3rd. We are staying at the Red Lion Hotel, Very nice hotel and super cheap. Booked thru Tripadvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...ndo_Kissimmee_Maingate-Kissimmee_Florida.html

Flights look good. I'm looking at staying onsite, at either a value or moderate. I'm not thinking I want to spend for a Deluxe this time for such a short trip plus I'm taking my mom to Europe in December.

Um, I'm only coming down from the 31st until the 2nd so your proposed trip like okay rather long compared to mine ;)

yeah like Dirk said in the quote, i get into MCO at 11:30pm 5/31 and fly home in time on 6/3 to clock in for 3rd shift at work. cutting it close but it will be more then worth it! haha

My trip might only be 5/31 to 6/3 at shortest, I still think it's worth it...

Cant wait to meet all of the fellow DIS'er out there. We are coming down the 5/28-6/3. staying at Fort Wilderness in a Cabin. Eating healthy is easier to do with a kitchen and it will stretch the food budget so that we can do a couple of things special. We are celebrating Moms birthday which is about 6 weeks before the celebration. 82 years young. My 22 year old God daughter loved the DISpalooza!!For her that was the best event. She said buy the tickets before she even knew where it was going to be. At Diagon Alley we mostly did our own thing but now Morgan is excited to get to mingle and see others at the meet and greets and other events.
One of her best college friends is doing the College program and will be there at the same time. She is planning to pack a bag and come stay in the Cabin with us. Then just go to work from the cabin. Then spend her down time with us and will join at some of the other events.

Again thanks to John, Kevin, Pete and all the Podcast team. Your work is appreciated from the boards to all the podcasts.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Jealous of those going to events but especially EPCOT party.
We typically go during this same time frame but moved to September this year. Enjoy y'all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter