DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

It's so exciting to see people are booking and are coming to the DIS Meet! Welcome to all of you newbies!!!

Also, for those of you who are hesitant about meeting people, this is the perfect event to kind of branch out. You never know the next new friend you'll make, and if you find that you're not a good fit after all, there is another person, or two, or three, or ... that you can meet. The DIS offers a great venue to meet the Orlando team and to get to know other DISers that have this fondness for Disney in common.

I'm in! Just booked May 27 to June 2 at Pop Century. I'm not completely new to DIS events, I've done 2 DIS exclusive ABD BSM trips, but this will be my first one of this kind. I seem to be hitting the important milestones too. 60th anniversary of DL and now the DIS 20th anniversary!

"We are so excited to meet the team as I am obsessed with DIS Unplugged, the Daily Fix and all the other great things you do. Keeps us connected to Disney, and you all have become family (at least it seems that way.)"
So true global-mouse! pixiedust:

I plan to book after work since that's the first opportunity I will have to call. I have never done a DIS event and I am looking forward to it! Not sure yet if I will be solo or if my brother will be joining in.

I am excited but I need to know what dates events are. I am booked 5/31 to 6/6 now, but if there are things before that, I want to change. I hope dates are released soon for events.

I am excited but I need to know what dates events are. I am booked 5/31 to 6/6 now, but if there are things before that, I want to change. I hope dates are released soon for events.

On the most recent podcast, Pete mentioned that the events/meets will occur between May 29 - June 2 with the big 'event' on the actual anniversary date of June 1st. But that's all the info they have at this time as they are working on putting together some stuff. Also, on an earlier podcast, Kevin stated he and John would be attending MK on June 3rd in celebration of Gay Days - the 'official' park that day for that annual event - and everyone was invited to join them. Hope this helps!!!

We are booked for May 29th to June 3rd changed our reservation from movies resort to por will be a 1st staying at this resort for me,,, have only stayed at caribbean beach as far as moderates go! Im sure I will love it there to! So looking forward to all the events!

For years I have been saving various items of theme park merchandise to sell on eBay someday. Now that I am aware of the auction, I'd be happy to send those items to help you raise money for Give Kids The World. If one of you DIS folks could point me in the right direction (to the auction coordinator or other DIS staffer) so I can follow up with a list of the items I have, to see whether they are suitable for this occasion, I'd be most grateful.

For years I have been saving various items of theme park merchandise to sell on eBay someday. Now that I am aware of the auction, I'd be happy to send those items to help you raise money for Give Kids The World. If one of you DIS folks could point me in the right direction (to the auction coordinator or other DIS staffer) so I can follow up with a list of the items I have, to see whether they are suitable for this occasion, I'd be most grateful.
@janner, I'm tapping @newmouse2008 and @safetymom (Teresa and Kathy) for you, since they were the ones that did a great job with the auction last year. Very generous of you, and it's for a GREAT cause!!

We just booked for our first ever DIS meet! We are so excited, 28th to the 4th at POR! We have stayed at the Carribean, AS Sports, Coranado, French Quarter and Saratoga but never at POR! French Quarter was by far our favorite. Here are a few thoughts running rampant in our house.
1. I hope there are some DISers from the Kansas City area, it's so difficult to find like minded Disney adicts.
2. Are there any events announced yet?
3. We can't wait to see the crew in person. This Podcast might have saved my sanity recently, I'm hoping that I can express how much it has helped me.

Last edited:

We are still very early in the planning stage and this is one of the details that hasn't been worked out yet.

Keep listening to the show and watching this thread for updates on the auction and other specifics.

We are still very early in the planning stage and this is one of the details that hasn't been worked out yet.

Keep listening to the show and watching this thread for updates on the auction and other specifics.

John, do you know when the schedule will be finalized for the week? I'm trying not to plan too much for my family yet so we'll be able to do meet n greets with the Dis group. This will be our first time and we are really excited. Can't wait!

I have a question in relations to Hotel and Tickets for the Group. If I wanted to do both Hotel and TIckets, Are we looking at $200 up front and Full amount due on 45 days out or different terms? The rates your offering are better than the current packages and I'm thinking about doing this over Celebration (partly Avatar related, but mostly because mid-April is right after a move).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter