DIS ‘WISH’ Diet Tips

Kelsie

DIS Veteran
1. Drink lots of Water
2. Don't deprive yourself of the foods you love. Eat them only in moderation.
3. Don't skip Breakfast.
4. Keep moving. Even if it's only taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Every little bit of extra exercise you get (including "marching" in front of the TV for 10 minutes instead of sitting there) counts!
5. Use light weights or a stretch band ... 5-l0 min a day really tones flabby arms and works back muscles too.
6. Try to always eat at the table, not while watching T.V. or involved in another activity. You eat way more than you realize.
7. When you have a food craving, get involved in something else, and wait-10 minutes. Drink a large glass of water. More often than not the craving will pass, or you will forget about it!
8. Keep a food and exercise journal.
9. Try not to eat or drink anything (except water) after 6:00 p.m.
10. Lots of fiber!
11. Water - flush your system and the extra added benefit of that extra exercise walking back and forth to the restroom .
12. Walking (or any exercise) - burn off some of the excess energy (stored as fat) .
13. Weights - to build muscle, which burns calories
14. Eat more often. 5 or 6 smaller meals keep your metabolism charged up longer than 3 large meals.
15. If you have a bad day - shake it off and start all over again - don't just say "I blew it" and go on a binge.
16. Diet with a friend :)

Great tips!!

Thank you for the list.

I'm not ready to try right now, but I will come to this thread, first, everytime I come to the DIS as a gentle reminder.

All sixteen of these items seem to be true and helpful.

I am unfortunely sitting in my La-z-boy recliner watching the Olympics on T.V. and posting on the DIS while eating my Ben and Jerry's Fudge Brownie Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

I always mess up on rule #6.

Anyway, I hope that this little list will act act a reminder to me and maybe I'll start my diet again.

Thank you for this list, Kelsie.

Best wishes and encouragement to everyone.

Sincerely, RaySharpton

Thank Kelsie..I just printed this out to put on my fridge...good rules to live by!! Thanks for posting.

here's a couple of others...

18 (?)
whenever you have to drive to anystore.....park at the furthest end of the parking lot from where your going.... extra steps helps!

19(?)
eat off from luncheon sized plates....makes your serving size "look" larger...also use a salad fork instead of a full sized dinner fork.

20(?)
Set yourself limits when eating out - both in how often you do, and food style choices. I "pretend" I'm a veggitarian whenever I don't prepare the meal.

Great Tips!! I printed out to hang on my refrig too!!

These are great tips. It always helps to be reminded of some of the things that we tend to forget or ignore.

Tammy

I think I really needed to read tip #15 right now. The one about shaking off a bad day! My scale is lying to me! Either that or one of my cats is standing on the scale with me! Must be my Button - he weighs 20 lbs. Maybe I should sign him up for the WISH challenge, too!

When I was strictly doing WW (which I'm starting again on my own) I had reached a point where I was staying at the same weight. One week the week at weigh in, the woman in front of me lost five pounds in one week. The WW rep asked her if she did anything different for that week. The woman replied that she didn't add salt to any food. Sooooo, the next week I decided to stay away from salty foods such as canned vegetables, salted pretzels, etc. (I generally don't add salt) and I treated a can of pepsi as "snack points" only 3 times that week and I had lost 5 1/2 pounds. Therefore, my tip would be avoid salt and tonic (soda).

Thanks, Kelsie! These are great tips!! I love number 16 the best...My friend is Kath, who is a wonderful motivator and I am so glad to have found this place through her~!!

I'm doing WW, so am allowed to drink small quantities of wine. I find that I do better (weight-wise) if I drink water along with it...twice as much water as wine. That prevents me from becoming dehydrated, discourages me from overindulging, and guarantees that I'll get my water in.

I've also found that I rarely want to drink diet soda anymore; I used to go through a case a week!

Thanks Kelsie - Just printed the list off. Hopefully this will help me stay on the straight and narrow!!!!

Great tips!!

Couple more I've tried to incorporate:

I keep a large plastic cup on my desk - fill with ice water when I get to work - try to drink before lunch and then fill up again after lunch and try to empty before going home. I found that drinking with a straw is easier for me.

When I eat out - most restaurants WILL let you order off the children's menu if you ask nicely - for smaller portions - or as soon as you order, ask for a "to go" box - when your meal arrives, carve out a correct portion and put the rest in the box - easier to ignore the large restaurant portions if it's off your plate!!

Try to vary flavor of water with lemon, orange or lime slices - refreshing in hot months!!

I have three teenagers (actually, I just realized I don't anymore - I have 2 teenagers and a 20-year old!) and boy can they eat! Keep snack foods for them in one cabinet that I've declared "off limits" to me! If I don't see it, not as tempted!!

LOVE the new Dannon light and fit smoothies - 5 g of protein, 15 of carb and only 80 calories - the peach/mango is scrumptious - what a treat!!

Kelsie, these are great tips. What I love about them the most is that they are so doable! Incorporating small changes may be the best way for me to get started on a healthier lifestyle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!