Directv question

I'm sure this isn't the case with your father, but there may be a reason they didn't believe he didn't order the pay per views. You can order a show online. I don't have a phone line connected to my DVT box either but I have ordered movies through my account online.

I also have not had any trouble with customer service. The only time they annoyed me was when I was trying to cancel. :)

I think the big problems occur when a person wants to cancel their service!

He would not have been capable of ordering a movie online. They said that these charges appeared on his receiver when we turned it in to them. They were "funny" about returning the receivers as well. They sent us boxes with numbers of the receivers to put in each box. One receiver box was incorrect. We finally got that straightened out, but I had the feeling the whole time that they were planning on saying that we hadn't returned one of the receivers and charge us for that. It did not happen, but it was something I picked up on.

I think the big problems occur when a person wants to cancel their service!

He would not have been capable of ordering a movie online. They said that these charges appeared on his receiver when we turned it in to them. They were "funny" about returning the receivers as well. They sent us boxes with numbers of the receivers to put in each box. One receiver box was incorrect. We finally got that straightened out, but I had the feeling the whole time that they were planning on saying that we hadn't returned one of the receivers and charge us for that. It did not happen, but it was something I picked up on.

BTW, I am sorry this happened to your dad, and double sorry he has to go to a nursing home. :hug:

Ours is $99.55 per month. Got it thru costco and got a $200 costco card for. Signing up. We have no extra channels that have to be paid for. We have a genie and 5 other HD boxes with the whole home DVD thing. Never had a problem with their customer service.

I have never had any trouble getting through to them on the phone usually with no hold at all. They have always been easy to work with for us.

I call in once a year or every 6 months and tell them I want to cut off all my movie channels and they offer for me to keep them for half price and usually offer me some other little kind of discount for a few months on top of that.

But we do pay $6 per month per box and we have 6 boxes. We pay $10 a month for HD channels and we pay $20 a month for their protection plan premiere that is a warranty on all of our tablets, tvs, monitors and computers. That is worth it's weight in gold. I have used it 3 times already to repair laptops that fried. You pay a $50 deductible and send them the laptop. They send you a box and a label to send it in. If they do not have it repaired and sent back out to you in 3 days you do not have to pay the $50 deductible and it is repaired or replaced free.

It only covers newer flat panel tvs and monitors, any tablet and any computer desktop or laptop. I also have accidental damage warranty so if we damage the units from dropping or knocking them over it is covered for $5 more a month.

So about $70 a month of our bill is all equipment fees, taxes and warranty.

I have Directv, ultimate package, and 5 TV's (yes, we have way too many televisions!). We have the Genie and 4 mini genies and our bill is around $104 including all taxes and fees.

So, those of you who are saying you pay between $70-$104 mo. Is that without a promo rate? That is the full price rate?

DawnM said:
We had DTV years ago. We now have an antenna and I am quite happy without more, but a friend told me today that she signed up for DTV this past weekend and they are switching in a couple of weeks.

She told me the bill will only be $50 for the first year and then $70 for the following year.

Now, being the kind of person I am, I am researching what she was told to see if this is accurate.

They are getting the Genie and two Genie minis with their Ultimate plan.

What I see is that the BASE price is $45 (plus about $5 in taxes)
Then there is some Advanced Receiver Service for $25 more
(what is the advanced receiver thing????)
Then there are charges of $6 for the 2nd and 3rd genies, making it another $12

Total charge WITHOUT TAX is $82 per month for the INTRO price. Then it will be about $110/mo for the same service.

Is she just not seeing the additional fees? Or am I missing something?

Dawn

Ur #'s is what I paid at the beginning and slowly every mthb it got bigger and now ibpay $134. The CEO of Dtv has said rates going up next yr.

We've been with them for 3 years and signed a new contract earlier this year to get the genie for free. My bill was up to $130 and I called and they reduced it some. Well then I shopped my local cable companies and called them back with monthly quotes from them and they matched it. Ours is ~$80 with a genie and hbo and 4 rooms

The often give "credits" for the extra fees as incentives. Our hd is free for life for having auto pay. Things like that.

So, those of you who are saying you pay between $70-$104 mo. Is that without a promo rate? That is the full price rate?

That's a discounted rate. We have been with Directv for 2 1/2 years. We called in September to renew our contract in order to get the Genie and free NFL Sunday ticket. Prior to that we were paying the non-discounted rate (well, it was discounted slightly for autopay) of approx. $130 a month with taxes, etc.

Also, Directv ran a black Friday promo over the weekend, so she very well could be getting a huge discount.

I find the customer service is good. We live in the sticks and our choice is directv or dish network. Out of the 2 I like dealing with DTV's customer service the best.

Out of 13 years having satellite tv we only switched to dish 2 times. The rest of the time its been dtv. Every 2 years I call ask for the cancelation dept. Tell them my contract is up and we are moving to dish. They make an offer ..we refuse..they make another...we refuse... they say ok we are mailing you the boxes to send everything back. I say great and thank you. then they make a final pitch which I usually take. The 2 times i didn't we went to dish. No yelling or rudeness on my end. I find it is a game I have to play every 2 years. Some years it is like hitting the lottery and some years it was a wasted call. Come July I will be doing it again.

Ah, well, could be a Black Friday deal. Although I googled the BF deal and I still come out with $66.99 plus tax for the first 12 months (which here will be a little over $70 at the discounted rate.

We signed up with direct tv in August. We pay about $60 a month for basic channels, the genie and one other receiver. We do have the football package for this year, I've already canceled all the movie channels. Had no issues getting ahold of them to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter