DirecTV dropped Viacom channels

My husband called in and talked to mutiple reps that made multiple offers-he ended up with NFL Sunday ticket!!!:thumbsup2

I called and did not get anything. Was told to just give it a few weeks and they will most likely get the channels back. I did cancel NFL Sunday ticket because they were charging me $32.99 for it starting this month. We don't watch enough football for that price.

I had my husband call. We've been unhappy with our Direct TV bill for a while now anyway. We've been customers for 10 years, have a basic package, still have a non-HD box, and basically only keep it for the Disney channel and ABC Family, though I do admit to watching Teen Mom (don't judge!). Anyway, he pretty much told the rep that there is nothing that we can't watch on Netflix or online, so we want to cancel! At first the rep didn't budge much, but when he realized my husband wasn't bluffing, he gave us $10 off our bill for a year, NFL Sunday Ticket through the end of this year, and we are getting an HD box installed. This does put us under a new 2 year contract, but DH was ok with that.

It's all back? Good, we can go on with our plans to switch to DirectTV! :)

I'm sooo glad i called yesterday! I got $30 (3 different $10 credits) off per month for the next 12 months, then $10 per month for months 13-24 and they gave me some $5 extra HD pack free for 3 months. I did have to sign up for auto bill pay to get the deal, but it was well worth the savings!!!

Glad to have my MTV back though!!

Patience did not payoff for me. I was debating what to do and when I called this morning the recording stated Viacom was back on. Ultimately I am so glad we have Nick back but boy a few discounts would have been nice.

and we are getting an HD box installed. This does put us under a new 2 year contract, but DH was ok with that.

They can use your existing wiring but make sure they change your multi-switch and they will give you a new dish. We went HD a few years back, amazing how much better it is watching HD on an HD tv then watching SD on an HD tv. Make sure you also run the satellite test that goes in and tests all of the satellites and transponders (Menu, settings & help, settings, satellite - read the menus after this) before the installers leave. I did not do this and i have a whole set of transponders that do not work. Luckily, they are mostly all sports and i hate sports so no problem for me. Also make sure they set up the internet to it. If you do not have an Ethernet system call them back and get them to throw in a wifi adapter for internet. Without this you can't do on demand... A phone line is not necessary regardless of what the installer says. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter