Directions to the Port

Diamond_Girls

DIS Veteran
I am so sorry, I'm sure this has been answered a hundred times but I can't find it via "search". Does anyone have (or can point me to) directions from WDW to the Port? Thanks!

Since this question has been asked alot lately, I have added the directions from MCO & WDW to the FAQ thread.

Depending on where you are on Disney property you can take Route 417 (Central Florida Greeneway) east to Route 518 (Bee Line). Then take Route 518 east until you see the port (about an hour or so).

Route 417 is closer if you are staying at one of the All Star Resorts or the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Some people find taking Route 4 North to the Bee Line more direct, but it doesn't matter much. Either way you need to get to Route 528 since that is a "straight shot" to the port.

It is really easy getting to the port. You can see the ship off the port bow (couldn't resist) and the signs/directions at the exits are big and easy to follow....

Just wanted to correct it's 528 not 518. And the signs now call it Beachline. Probably was a typo but wanted to make sure ppl didn't look for 518 or Bee Line.

once on the Beachline it's basicaly a direct shot over to ports. And lots of signs as you get close directing you.

Buddy Bear said:
Depending on where you are on Disney property you can take Route 417 (Central Florida Greeneway) east to Route 518 (Bee Line). Then take Route 518 east until you see the port (about an hour or so).

Route 417 is closer if you are staying at one of the All Star Resorts or the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Some people find taking Route 4 North to the Bee Line more direct, but it doesn't matter much. Either way you need to get to Route 528 since that is a "straight shot" to the port.

in round numbers, it is 65 miles from Lake Buena Vista to Port Canaveral.

Some will say it takes and hour. I usually figure 90 min if it is a clear shot, 2 hrs at the outside. I lived about 2 min from the port and could make the MK parking lot in an hour on a Sat morning, but that was zero traffic, familiar with the area and cooperating constables!

Directions are easy - find 528 (which starts just north of Sea World) and head east all the way to the end where it dumps into A1A - then look to your left!

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=lake+buena+vista,+fl&daddr=port+canaveral,+fl&ie=UTF8&ll=28.41556,-80.892334&spn=1.137755,1.697388&om=1

p.s. 528, formerly known as the BeeLine was renamed the BeachLine by the state in an effort to confuse us! Look for 528 and you won't get lost.... btw, 528 is a toll road. Have singles handy, or a roll of quarters.

brady961 said:
Just wanted to correct it's 528 not 518. And the signs now call it Beachline. Probably was a typo but wanted to make sure ppl didn't look for 518 or Bee Line.

once on the Beachline it's basicaly a direct shot over to ports. And lots of signs as you get close directing you.

Thanks for picking up that mistake. Not enough coffee :rotfl:

Capt_BJ said:
p.s. 528, formerly known as the BeeLine was renamed the BeachLine by the state in an effort to confuse us! Look for 528 and you won't get lost.... btw, 528 is a toll road. Have singles handy, or a roll of quarters.

How much total are the tolls? Is it a booth with actual people or just a machine to toss money into?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter