Directions to I.O.A.

Sapper383

DIS Veteran
Hi all. We have not been been to I.O.A. since 2002 but plan to visit for 1 day on our trip next month.
We stayed off site the last time we visited and i recall getting lost on our way there.

Since my memory is a bit foggy about that journey I was wondering if anyone could give me directions going from AKL on a monday morning at about 07:30. I'm hoping to avoid the worst of the traffic congestion.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. is it worth paying for the preferred parking at Universal.

a lot of the car hire people do sat navs now with all the major attractions programmed in. I would do that! :thumbsup2

I usually stay offsite, so my directions are from DTD.

From DTD travel down Hotel Plaza Boulevard, when you get to the lights at the end opposite Crossroads, turn left, then at the next set turn right onto Palm Parkway. Once on Palm Parkway this becomes Turkey Lake Road (after Central Florida Parkway, which goes to Sea World.) Follow Turkey Lake Road, and it is signposted, but eventually you'll need to turn right onto Hollywood Way, and the car parks are at the end of here.

We've never paid for preferred parking, and it doesn't matter where you park because there's still a fair walk to either park. I think though, if you're going early in the morning, then paying the extra money won't actually make that much difference.

Take the Osceola Parkway from Animal Kingdom to the I4, then take the I4 East (I think it's signposted Orlando, anyway it's the left hand lane from the Osceola Parkway onto the I4). Drive up the I4 for approx 15 minutes and follow the signs for Universal.

I think the 2 best routes have been posted. What you need to check if you choose the I4 route is the traffic, as that is the way that is most likely to be congested, whereas the Turkey Lake Road route won't have as much traffic on it.

If you've got an iPhone or iPad you can set up an American iTunes account (not hard to do, you don'r even need to register a payment method) then download Navfree for the USA.

I use it all the time in the states for getting to the less known areas of Orlando.

If you've got an iPhone or iPad you can set up an American iTunes account (not hard to do, you don'r even need to register a payment method) then download Navfree for the USA.

I use it all the time in the states for getting to the less known areas of Orlando.
You don't even need to do that, they are available on iTunes UK as well, as I looked at those a few months back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter