Directions from MCO to POP

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
A friend and I are renting a car at MCO and driving to Pop Century. What is the best route to take? (preferably going by a Walmart) What will we hit for tolls? I have never driven myself. In the past, if we have had a car it is my husband who drives, but I am somewhat familiar with the area also. Thanks for the information :)

I always use 417.
Not sure where Walmart is but I will get you to a Publix grocery.

Follow signs in airport for the south exit (417)
Take 417 to exit 3 Osceola Pkwy. Turn right onto Osceola Pkwy.
At the next light take a left onto S International Dr.
Publix is 3/4 mile on left.
Tolls should be 2@1.25 and .75 at exit 3

From Publix to POP, go back to Osceola Pkwy and take a left, follow that approx 1 3/4 mile into Disney and at the first light take a right onto Victory Way.
POP will be approx 1/2 mile on the right.

Sorry to dredge up an old post....

We are driving from MCO to the Nick Hotel for our first night stay which according to Google is very close to POP.

After reading the no toll road thread, I found myself not caring about tolls, but wanting to know the best route regardless of tolls.

What is your opinion? Why? And how much are the tools going that way ;) ?

Sorry to dredge up an old post....

We are driving from MCO to the Nick Hotel for our first night stay which according to Google is very close to POP.

After reading the no toll road thread, I found myself not caring about tolls, but wanting to know the best route regardless of tolls.

What is your opinion? Why? And how much are the tools going that way ;) ?

If you are renting a car, the tolls become important because Florida now has Cashless tolls and different car agencies charge differnt fees to use the program. I think enterprise is the cheapest at $2 per day when a toll is charged with a max of $6 per rental. Be careful of Dollar, if you dont enroll ( I think its around $10), you could get charged a surcharge of $25 per toll

Not sure where the Wal Mart is.

North airport exit, left at first light (Frontage). Little over a mile to next light (Conway), take two lefts to get on 528 (Beach line) west. Watch for toll plaza signs and take what looks like an exit ramp to pay 75 cent toll using cash. Returning to highway, go to end and get on I-4 West (southwest). *Now get off I-4 at Osceola Parkway exit west, you will go under Disney welcoming arches. Right at first light (Victory), then right into Pop Century.

* If you get off I-4 at Route 535, which is before Osceola, and take a right (northwest) and go straight through two lights there is a Winn Dixie supermarket on the right. There is a Goodings supermarket on the right sooner on 535 here but it is much more expensive.

Here's a map of the shopping options in close proximity to WDW and a map of one of the routes from MCO to WDW.

Shoppingmap.jpg
[/IMG]

MCOtoWDW.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter