Direction Assistance at WDW--PLEASE!

MontanaMouse

Mouseketeer
DH and I have traveled to WDW several times over the past few years, but have always used ME and the buses. This trip we are taking a cruise too and decided to go ahead and rent a vehicle. Great, except now we have to actually think about where we are going! :scared1: So, I did look at the link at the top of this page and tried to use the tool for on-site directions, but it didn't appear to work. Does anyone know where I can get them?

We are staying at VWL and I figure we will need directions from the airport, VWL to DHS/Epcot/AK/DTD. We will also need them to the Poly and Boardwalk. We will also need them to the Port (DCL). I'm sure this information exists somewhere if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

Oh, and maps...are there any good ones of the WDW property? I can get a general map from AAA, but figure that WDW may not have all the roads on there (maybe I'm wrong though).

Thanks so much in advance!

Leave the VWL parking lot. Turn onto the WL/VWL access road. At the end of that road, see OKW Lover's correction, below (formerly "turn right. At the road with the sign marked Polynesian Grand Floridian Shades of Green, turn right.")

Those are your basic directions for everything.
For the Polynesian, turn right into the Polynesian parking lot where directed by the signs.

For all other onsite destinations, continue on past the Polynesian and turn left at the end of that same roadway. Follow the excellent signage to your destination. If you miss a turn, don't worry. There will be another opportunity, or there will be an opportunity to exit and reverse direction to get to the exit you want.

There is a good map of WDW property here

For your other destinations I would recommend using the directions on Google Maps as they are pretty good. It is not complicated to get from MCO to WDW or from WDW to Port Canaveral. If you have access to a GPS that routes on roads, that would be better in case you make a wrong turn or a road is closed on the way.

Leave the VWL parking lot. Turn onto the WL/VWL access road. At the end of that road, turn right. At the road with the sign marked Polynesian Grand Floridian Shades of Green, turn right.

Those are your basic directions for everything.

Actually, following these directions would lead you past the Contemporary, around the back of the MK, and into the north service area. At least that's what the first part of it would do. I'm totally lost at the reference to Poly, GF SOG and how you got there from the prior directions.

I believe the correct directions are to leave the VWL parking lot, go past the guard shack and go straight across at the lights to get to the Poly, GF, SOG. :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter