Direct TV--OR--Comcast

We had direct TV I stress HAD it. We had it for 5 years with minimal issues like outages, services issues like all providers had. then we moved to a new house and that is when the all things went kakakrazy. we had issues weekly. then we got HD and it only got worse.
We now have comcast and well same issues with outages like all systems but it is great they have every thing we want to watch and it does not cost an arm and a leg.

hope this helps

I switch back and forth between them every 2-3 years. I just finished my second go with DirecTV and am on my 3rd go around with Comcast. I do prefer Comcast....mainly because the signal NEVER goes out and LOVE LOVE LOVE ON Demand. I think the customer service on both is HORRENDOUS.

When I called Comcast this last time I asked for their best possible offer. I told them I would only switch if they could lock me in for 2 years. I got 2 HD boxes, 1 DVR, digital phone with everything, internet AND HBO for $160. DirecTV wouldn't even touch that price (would have to get DSL/phone through the phone company). PLUS they were offering some kind of rebate of $200. I negotiated free installation. It did escalate through a couple different levels, but it worked out well for me! In 2 years when they jack my rates, I'll be eligible to switch back to Directv at their new customer promos!

I would never admit this to Comcast, but I think it's worth every penny (okay most pennies). I wouldn't mind paying less for their service,but it's reliable. My internet is fast and reliable. My digital phone is great. Clear and I love the fact I can see the caller i.d. readout on my t.v. if it's on. Very pleased with Comcast. Yes I do have to fight with them to get them to lower the price every year (I threaten to cancel, etc. to save a few bucks and it usually works), but honestly we would never switch to direct tv.

They sent a 99 cent on demand movie coupon yesterday (sometimes I get the free coupons), so today I'll watch an on demand brand new movie for 99 cents. Very convenient.

I have to say Comcast. I hate the amount of the bill but we want/need high speed internet and Comcast is the ONLY company that offers high speed at our house, the ONLY company, yes I have called EVERYone and asked. So it's cheaper and easier to have the triple play so that's what we have.

I've had both, and I don't really care for either. They are both a PITA if you ask me. We had Direct t.v. for 3 years. After about 1 year, we lost several channels in our bedroom. We could still get them downstairs in the family room. We called for service, (of course, you have to wait half the day for them to come and look at it) he tells us he doesn't know what the problem is. We could have called back and got another servcie call, but we just dealt with it because frankly, we didn't have time to take another day off work to be told there is nothing they can do. We also lost service during almost every thunderstorm and snowstorm. It would only last for an hour or so, but it was annoying.

Comcast. I probaby do prefer Comcast because of the ondemand feature, which Direct TV didn't have. Comcast has less channels for more money. I find Comcast's DVR system to be less user friendly than Direct T.V. though. Comcast customer service is terrible. When we first hooked up everthing up, we had built a home. When we called for service, Comcast was awarethat this was new construction. They came out and told us that we hadn't been hooked up to the outside so they coudln't connect the cable because Comcast forgot to come hook it up. Another day off work to deal with this.

Comcast also only hooked up one landline phone jack. We have jacks in almost every room, but they only activiated one jack. When I called to tell them this, the customer servcie lady while I was trying to explain told me she didn't want to hear my story. Isn't that her job?

We had Directv while in college. It was much less than the cable in the area (Don't remember what it was). When we moved back to the area where I grew up we had Comcast. It was okay. Then we were getting tired of the high cost and at that time Directv sent me an offer of a free Tivo unit to come back to them, we took it. They actually gave us 2 Tivo unites for free and replaced my old box with a new one for nothing. The bill is a lot less than we were paying for Comcast. If it snows a lot I'll get the looking for signal and just send me husband outside to clean the snow off the dish and we're good again.

We are very happy with Directv. We do not use their on demand feature because I forget that it's there.

We'll never go back to Comcast, once Verizon gets the Fiso in our area my dad says he's switching because he's tired of Comcast too.

I got that offer in the mail too from Direct TV...

You really need to read all the fines and fees in the small print though....

That scared me off....It's really not as great as they let on....

2 yr minimum sign up----fines for early termination---extra fees for extra receivers... extra fees if they consider you a non-standard or custom installation. OMG if you let the second rate installers do a "standard" install...they will drill holes wherever they feel like and who cares if theres wires showing on the outside of your house.

We have had directt v for over 8 years and we love it. Yes there are small outages when the weather is bad but honestly, they never last longer than 10-15 minutes in this area. Even when there was a huge storm a few months ago. often when this happens we just watch something on our DVR.

To those who say Direct tv does not have on demand. that is not true. We do ahve VOD (video on demand) with our service. The only thing i don't like is that you have to search for the name of the show but if it's been within the first 2 weeks it will show up on VOD.

We dvr just about everything we want as we sometimes forget about the VOD.

Lara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter