direct to room check in??

Is there anything special you have to do to set it up? I just did online checkin and I don't remember seeing anything about it.

Is there anything special you have to do to set it up? I just did online checkin and I don't remember seeing anything about it.

in order to be eligible you have to...
-have a credit card on file on MDE
-opt to receive your magic bands in the mail vs picking them up at the front desk
-provide an email address or cell phone number during online check in for them to email or text you your room number.

Loved it at POR in March. Can't wait to be able to use it again in October. So much better than waiting in line in the lobby

I have not read the whole thread yet so if this has been addressed already or not

They did this as a test at select resorts last year and it seemed to go pretty smoothly, so I'm excited to try this. FWIW, I'm under the impression that you can opt not to do this and still do standard check-in or online check-in if you want.

My question is what happens if you arrive early and your room isn't ready yet? Do they text you and tell you this so you know to have your bags stored at bell services?

I'd also be concerned about people who will choose this option, go to the room, decide they don't like it and then go to the front desk asking to be moved. With all the people who make requests and then ask to be moved, I can see this happening. Since these people would have already been in the room for an unknown amount of time, it's concerning for the people coming into that room after that - what if they used the restroom, they put things in the garbage, sat on the bed, etc. The next guest will be able to tell that their room has been disturbed.

Room switching is gonna be bye bye shortly as well...it creates "holes" or "lockouts" that cause efficiency problems.

They used to take phone calls, letters, faxes for that type of thing.

But that was a warmer, fuzzier disney. I'm guessing it has been largely eliminated now anyway.

I'm usually not a fan of streamlining...but in the case of room switches I fully am. They are more trouble than they're worth logistically. Barring maintenance issues - that's different.

After handling a ton of complaints regarding room locations...I got one reason 95% of the time:
"I'm paying all this money"

Not a valid argument.

In May after our Cruise we had a two night stay at SSR (to just relax no parks). We got an email on our drive from the port of our room number (this was at 8ish in the morning). When we got to the guard gate we were handed our parking pass.
We realized our room was in the carousel section not where we wanted to; so we went straight to check-in. The guy who helped us asked " did you enter the room?" We politely said "No we came here first when we realized what section the room was in." He said "Well then we can switch you." He then told us that the only way we could get a room in one of the sections we preferred we would have to wait until later in the day and that it would most likely be ground floor. (We had requested a high floor.) We told him that was fine we would prefer to be in one of those sections over any of our other request.

Right around 12:30 in the afternoon our room was ready.

Point was you can switch rooms but he did make it sound like if you entered the room it would be harder to do so.

There are signs to find room #s or just ask a CM in the lobby area. They have been transitioning to this for 2 years now. Info Packets have been in rooms at AKL for 2 years. Our last times at AKL, PO and BWV there were CMs out front of the desk expediting people's check ins because their rooms were assigned and ready. They only needed to hand us a card with room# on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter