Direct Add-on?

lovin'fl said:
I don't get what's going on. My guide asked me if we were needing to book a vacation soon...I should have said yes, but I said 'pretty soon...we're trying to figure out a big family trip and will need to book soon'. That's when she asked me to give it until Friday 1/25. She said the 'other department' was behind too. That's strange...up until now folks report getting their points right away (like you ended up getting).

We are trying to book a big family Xmas trip. We want to stay at AKV and I am now looking at AKV resales (been offering on a resale contract this weekend). We will need to book that ASAP...but if I add onto HH, I'll have to wait until 7 months out to book it. If I add on a resale at AKV, I need to have that contract go through now (as it takes 2 months or so) so that we can book before the 7 month window opens up. I won't buy AKV direct...no way...double the price. The contract we are trying to buy, the sellers made us a good counter offer and my dumb DH made me counter that to try to get them lower and they rejected it. I then asked if we could go ahead with their counter offer and they aren't replying (which I understand completely...it was just listed on Friday and they may get other offers, so why deal with us after we were trying to low-ball them). I thought it would be way easier to spend my money...it's been a strike out at every at bat (3 now).

Fingers crossed that something comes through for you. My guide did say that the waitlist would likely only be for a week or two if it came to that. Maybe that,s how long it takes if they exercise ROFR?

We also inquired about BCV in May and were told that there were no points for our Feb UY. We found a perfect resale contract and bought that. Got a lot more points for the $$, basically saved nearly $7000 by going resale for the points we got.

Looks like Disney may be ROFRing more often in the future. I guess that will keep resale prices a little higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter