Direct add-on waitlist question

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by gortman65, Jan 31, 2013.

1. gortman65

gortman65 Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

If you are put on the waitlist for a direct-from-Disney add-on, and the price per point increases while you are on the waitlist, do you pay the new, higher price or the price that was current the day you went on the waitlist?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. cbnsoul

cbnsoul DIS Veteran DVC Gold

Hmm. That's a good question. Most of the "sold out" resorts (BCV, BWV, VWL, etc) don't change price with possibly BLT being the notable exception.

4. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

There's really no reason they should put you on a wait list for the two resorts they're actively selling (AKV, Aulani).

5. gortman65

This would be an add-on for one of the sold out resorts.

6. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Why not buy resale and forget about the waitlist? :goodvibes

About the price increase question, I would call your guide.

:earsboy: Bill

7. csharpwv

csharpwv DIS Veteran

Technically, BLT isn't sold out yet! I had a good friend just buy in there, and was given ALL of the currently offered incentives.

SO, while they may not longer be actively marketing BLT - there are still direct contracts/points available there.

We tried to buy points at HHI through Disney, but they pretty much told us we would have better luck on the resale market - being that this was before the resale changes....we took their advice and got one of the best DVC deals I have ever seen.... anywhere! Less than $42.00 per point - and the contract was completely front loaded with 95% of points current, and banked.

I really didn't think it would pass ROFR, but it did! Thanks for the advice, DVC! HAHA They were selling HHI for $85.00 p/p I think at that time.

BUT, OP - on your question - I don't think they raise the prices for resales at sold out resorts - the contract length is shorter, so you have a shorter usage period.

8. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

You are locked in the price at the time you get on the list.

I did this a little over a year ago when the increased the price on VGC direct pricing. I got on the list the last day of the old pricing and got the points about 3 months later, at that price.

9. gortman65

Awesome - that's what I was hoping for!

Thanks for the info.