• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinosaur the ride..am I just a chicken?

crazee4mickey

<font color=darkcoral>Ever thought you had a great
Question: Has anyone else found the ride Dinosaur to be scary?
My two teenage sons and I were terrified:scared1: --no, it wasn't the dinosaurs :rolleyes:
We usually love scary rides but there was something about this one...I think it was the level of noise as we don't scare easily and it was deafening.
You should have seen our pictures at the end of the ride :laughing: We looked ridiculous with absolute terror all over our faces! :blush:
Had thought this would be a good ride for my 8 yo as he loves dinosaurs, I'm glad he didn't want to go(he said it would be too scary).
When we got off the ride he said "Maybe you should listen to me next time!";)

friends have forced me on it three times now and i'm always totally terrorfied, between the noise and the way it jerks you around. i find its not so bad if i keep my eyes shut and my fingers in my ears the whole time.

It's the one ride that my 5yo wants to do once, but not a second time. He's a daredevil and doesn't like to admit being scared by anything so not going on it a second time says something. I can't say that it's my favorite ride--it's loud and jerky, but I'm not scared by it.

T&B

My 10 year old DD doesn't like it but will ride with her eyes closed so we don't have to do the kid swap. Personally, it is one of my absolute favorite attractions in WDW! And yes, that last Dinosaur right before you "get back to earth" gets me EVERYTIME!!!!

I get really scared too but I still enjoy it. I always ride with my eyes tightly closed and am hanging on to DS for life! He thinks that part is pretty funny! I don't mind the jerkiness - what gets me is the sounds and that last dinosaur.

Heck no your not a chicken!!! Dang dinosaur scares the willies out of me every time! Yikes!!!! This trip I have an excuse not to ride it... "expectant mothers should not ride..." yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
DH will have to have the claw marks on his arm from DD this time.... hee hee

No you are not chicken! This ride scares the holy heck out me every time I go on it.:scared1: I will go on every single ride in WDW, but I told DH that this time I refuse to go on it. I don't care what he says, it is not going to happen. He can take my 8 year old DS on it with him but me- NO WAY!!

DD and I love it. One of our favorite things to do, is to take someone on it who has never been on it before, and make them sit on the end side where the T-rex comes down and they take your picture. We are meanies, but it is very funny to see the picture.

I was the same way! I was so embarrassed too, I never get scared on rides. I was terrified on that one though, not going back on it this trip. :earseek:

call me crazy...

what kind of ride is it? BF and I made a special trip back to AK (in a downpour) just to ride this and when we got there, it was shut down because something had malfunctioned or something. It was our last day at the parks so we weren't able to go back to ride it. We plan on it for the next trip but now I'm concerned. I like all kinds of roller coasters and rides. The only ride I really don't like in all of WDW is TOT.

What kind of ride is this?

I love Dinosaur-but I love verrrryyyy loud things in general. We went on it for the first time this year and for some reason my 5 y/o DS loved it but my DH hated it. You should have seen our picture at the end-my DS and I are smiling at the dinosaur and my husband is cringing and terrified- it was hilarious. Needless to say he would not let us buy that picture-oh, how I wish I had....... :bitelip: I can't wait to go on it again. Lynda

I like this ride a lot and don't find it too scary! I find drops on roller coasters much more scary. Dinosaur is rather loud and dark and jerky, but all that just doesn't scare me. I think it's a hoot! I do SCREAM at that one at the end! whoa!
:wave:

Picture the scene: my best buddy and I, who are extremely committed Disney fans, are at Animal Kingdom for the first time. Being experienced in all things Disney, we were there at opening time and made a beeline to 'Dinosaur,' then called 'Countdown to Extinction.' We really didn't know what to expect -- we enjoyed the preshow, then got into the jeep. The bumping -- no biggie. The darkness -- hmm, a bit unnerving. The mean-faced pterodactyls -- alarming.

The carnotaurus at the end -- well, just let me say that when we slunk out past the pictures, we saw that we both looked like :scared1: , only more so. Meanwhile, there was a 9-year-old girl in the front, with a 'ho-hum, big scary dinosaur about to rip us all into Skittle-sized shreds, whatever' look on her face.

We scooted off to Kilimanjaro Safaris straightaway instead of buying that picture. To this day, that remains one of the very few regrets in my life.

i haven't been on this ride, but were looking forward to it in... we'll be there this july! yeah! anyway i'm taking my 5yr old nephew who looooovves dinos and was wandering if anyone thinks he would like this ride or not.

thotfulspot said:
Picture the scene: my best buddy and I, who are extremely committed Disney fans, are at Animal Kingdom for the first time. Being experienced in all things Disney, we were there at opening time and made a :cool2: The carnotaurus at the end -- well, just let me say that when we slunk out past the pictures, we saw that we both looked like :scared1: , only more so. Meanwhile, there was a 9-year-old girl in the front, with a 'ho-hum, big scary dinosaur about to rip us all into Skittle-sized shreds, whatever' look on her face.

We scooted off to Kilimanjaro Safaris straightaway instead of buying that picture. To this day, that remains one of the very few regrets in my life.

LMAO :laughing: --oh that is too funny! I feel much better knowing that I'm not the only one who screamed my head off !
I do wish I had bought the picture now but at the time it was a little humiliating as we also had smaller children on our jeep who looked so relaxed and we were totally terrified---I laugh just thinking about it now--wasn't laughing then though! :D

I have only ridden it once, and once that first dinosaur made an appearance, I squeezed my eyes shut and held on tight the rest of the ride =) I was scared!

You are so not a chicken. I promise myself I will keep my eyes open every time and every time I get past that nice little plant eating dinosaur at the beginning and then the eyes shut and stay shut the rest of the ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter