Dinosaur ride- is it scary for grown ups?

I don't think it's scary at all, but I can see where it's a bit intimidating if you haven't been on it before. It never goes very fast, so it's not roller coaster scary. But it bumps and dives and weaves more than any ride I think I've been on. It throws you all over the place, which is half the fun. I'm honestly a bit surprised it only has a lap belt. Having been on it so many times, I know where the really bumpy parts are, and on those sections I grab the metal handle in front of me and brace myself a bit.

It's loud for sure, but not as in all is quiet and then there's a suddenly loud noise. It's noisy throughout most of the ride, with varying peaks of intensity.

Can't wait to see it after the (much needed) refurb.

Won't do it again. Not that great and very jerky/bumpy. Made my two who deal with motion sickness queasy.

I thought this ride was horrible! I kept my eyes closed almost the whole time. I would never try it again.

I bring discreet ear plugs just for this ride - which I find to be so painfully loud that I dont enjoy it at all without ear protection. With ear plugs it's great fun and only scary in a fun way.

I don't use ear plugs for any other ride, if that puts it into perspective.

I think it's scary, but fun scary. It's the only ride I really scream on, but dinosaurs freak me out, lol. We went when DD was 4.5, and it was one of her favorite rides.

Just go in knowing dinosaurs are moving and, yes, a big one pops out at the end. We find it funny scary! The last time we rode, there was a little girl in our car who was screaming the entire time. The moment she got off, she said, "Can we go again!!!". It was so funny and so cute! We felt exactly the same way!

I tolerate this ride. Last trip, I ALMOST made it through without closing my eyes. I hate the jump - out factor, but my kids and husband love it, and love to watch my reaction, so I go.

I don't think it is loud or obnoxiously jerky.

One of my favorite rides, yes its loud and jerky but I LOVED it....my 16 year old grandson was screaming, the more he screamed the more I enjoyed the ride...(I know not nice..LOL) but seriously cannot wait to ride it again next April.

It's my favorite ride. Once I looped it 9 times in a row.

There are no real drops. It is jerky, and most of the ride is in the dark. The dinosaurs aren't scary, it's just you are in the dark and suddenly there is a dinosaur next to you which can startle you because it's unexpected.

It's probably about as loud as a movie theater. Most of the "noise" comes from the scientist talking. The dinosaurs aren't that loud. Only one growls at you.....the one where they take the picture. Think of riding in pitch blackness. The car is jerking quickly around corners. The scientist is yelling "get them out of there" because the meteorite shower is coming. The car stops abruptly just as a backlit T Rex appears on your right and growls. Then the car jerks forward into the dark until a pterodactyl appears overhead. The car hesitates and then drops slightly under the pterodactyl and you travel through the time warp. The drop is no worse than the drop on POC.

I love the jerkiness and movement of the ride. I don't like big drops on rollar coasters and the backward movement on EE makes me ill. It is the same track as Indiana Jones at DL if you've ever been there. But I also love the mummy which has some of the same jerkiness along with more speed and twists and turns. Dinosaur is much much tamer.

Only scary part IMO was wondering if my spine was going to remain intact. Pretty much the roughest ride I've ever been on, anywhere.

Only scary part IMO was wondering if my spine was going to remain intact. Pretty much the roughest ride I've ever been on, anywhere.

LOL.....one year I had slipped on the ice a few days before my trip and broke my coccyx. Even with pain meds on board I only rode once, and as I mention above I normally ride multiple times. It hurt!

What makes Dino unpleasant is the combo of bumps and jerks and strobe lights.....

Half the time it stops to see a Dino your dizzy from being jerked all over.....

I love the ride.....scary...no....

The NEWS is scary...animation dinosaurs are not scary....

We will be riding it for the first time in December. My girls had always been too scared to try it when they were younger. But now I'm worried about the jerkiness... hubby gets motion sickness from that kind of motion. Hmmmm...

It scared the everloving crap out of me, but I don't like things jumping out at me. The ride itself was fine.

My family loves this ride. Yes, it's bumpy but that's part of the fun and the dinosaur that takes the picture seems to be the most unexpected scare!

We will be riding it for the first time in December. My girls had always been too scared to try it when they were younger. But now I'm worried about the jerkiness... hubby gets motion sickness from that kind of motion. Hmmmm...

FWIW, my wife can get motion sick on a merry go round...really. She's not a thrill ride person at all. She was scared to ride it and our first 3 or 4 trips, she didn't go. But we finally talked her into it, and now she requests that we ride it when we go to AK. Not saying it won't bother your DH, but it may be worth a try. I think it's a ton of fun, and like I said before, I can't wait for the refurb when they can fix some of the stuff that isn't working.

I am an admitted ride baby. When we went on this the first time I was terrified, because I didn't know what to expect. But I actually like this ride. Not scary at all in my opinion. We ride it every time we go now. I say try it once, see for yourself. You will get so many different opinions it will just confuse you more. YouTube ride throughs and other people's experiences won't tell you what YOUR experience will be. The only way to know is try it. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter