• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinning suggestions w/ little children

erinmc2

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we are making our first family trip to Disney in August and I was just looking for suggestions about dinning and where to take our kids that they would maybe enjoy more than others. They are 3 and 2 years old. Also looking for a night out w/ the hubby for dinner if any suggestions. All would be greatly appriciated. Thank you ~~Erin

If your kids are not afraid of characters that is the way I would go. Ohana for breakfast, Tusker house for breakfast, Akershus, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends- great for the little ones if they are not scared), Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fare, Liberty Tree Tavern, Cape May Cafe. My kids also love the entertainment at Biergarten in Germany.

For just the two of you- there are SO many to choose from. You will get a lot of opinions on that. I would just go with the type of food you and your DH like. Le Cellier is a favorite and some of the fancier signature restaurants are great as well!

My advice as the father of @ DS: now 4 and 2, but 1 & 3 at first trip and 1.5 & 3.5 last trip, We follow 2 rules:

1) Remember IT IS WDW and the world is catered to families and children and every TS place on the DDP expects and is prepared for kids to be there:thumbsup2

2) For the sake of the world and in consideration of #1, make your evening and midday reservations earlier when other kid-filled groups are dining to mitigate the chance the inevitable meltdowns impact kid-phobic diners or teenagers:dance3:

We found by making 11-1130 lunch and 4-5 dinner reservations we'd avoid a lot of meltdowns and get the kids fed. A plus was rides were slightly les crowed 30-60 minutes later when we wre done eating and the masses were at the troughs.:banana:

My DS 3 loved lunch at Hollywood & Vine with some of the Playhouse Disney characters. He tells me he can't wait to go back and visit his friends.

we have a 2.5 year old. we're going to Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Kona (not character, but it's out in the open and fairly loud in there...won't be a problem if DS is a little loud):) , Le Cellier (at lunch), Crystal Palace (at breakfast), Hollywood and Vine ( i think he'll have the time of his life here), and Boma. Also, remember kids under 3 can share with mom and dad at buffets! :cool1:

Good luck with your planning!!

We will have a 5 year old, 3 year old and 17 month old in september. I have adrs for CRT, Liberty Tree, Chef Mickeys , Tusker House, Askerhaus, Coral Reef, Crystal Palace, Playhouse Disney Play n' Dine. I went with a lot of character meals for the kids, plus they are buffet or all you can eat family style and our 17 month old eats a lot! So she is eating for free at all but Coral Reef. I thought they would like Coral Reef to see the fish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter