Dinning question

Linda Gardner

Mouseketeer
My question is this:
Does anyone know if my kids age 12&15 can go to dine alone on our rotation of the night that my husband and myself will be in Polo restaurant? I know they could stay with the teen loft/or go to grab a burger on their own. But they really want to dine together in the restaurant.

Of course they can! Our kids were almost 8 and 10 last year when they went to dinner with the 12 yo DD of our friends. We walked them to dinner and got them settled and the servers knew about it the day before, and the other couple we linked with was at the table too. The kids went to the show together and we picked them up after it was over outside the theater. :)

Yes, they can and your servers will make it really fun for them. The DCL servers are used to kids dining alone when parents go to Palo and they go all out to make the kids feel grown up. Enjoy your time at Palo and know that your kids are having a special dining experience of their own!

Yes, they can go by themselves.

We had ressies at Palo and we told our server that we wouldn't be dining the next night. He said, and encouraged our kids to come to dinner the next night. My kids were 12 and 9, but are also well behaved.

cool beans....thanks again:} My kids will love this.
And Lisa thank you for answering my question on the beer yesterday:thumbsup2

My kids have done this for a few years, just a point....

Tell your servers the night before, as they have lists of who is going to Palo for dinner and might 'assume' you will not use your normal table.

I received a call in my stateroom asking us if we will use our main sitting table that night, re Palo, as they had people requesting to move form late to main dinner, and wanted to keep the servers busy.

I said the kids will use it and it was ok.

My kids have done this for a few years, just a point....

Tell your servers the night before, as they have lists of who is going to Palo for dinner and might 'assume' you will not use your normal table.

I received a call in my stateroom asking us if we will use our main sitting table that night, re Palo, as they had people requesting to move form late to main dinner, and wanted to keep the servers busy.

I said the kids will use it and it was ok.

They won't seat others at your table if your kids will be there (just your normal dinner party), but they might use the table if it would otherwise be empty.

They won't seat others at your table if your kids will be there (just your normal dinner party), but they might use the table if it would otherwise be empty.

I think you misunderstood, as I said my kids will be useing it, they didnt switch anyone form late to use ours, that was their plan,

We had 12 kids in our party, and our servers, too, encouraged the kids to come to dinner when we had ressies at Palo. Our servers gave us a report the next night as to how good the kids were the night before. They were actually disappointed that the kids left early before dessert and didn't tell our servers that they were leaving. Of course, we had the very best servers on the ship!!!!!!!!!!

We had 12 kids in our party, and our servers, too, encouraged the kids to come to dinner when we had ressies at Palo. Our servers gave us a report the next night as to how good the kids were the night before. They were actually disappointed that the kids left early before dessert and didn't tell our servers that they were leaving. Of course, we had the very best servers on the ship!!!!!!!!!!

Just a footnote to parents, care when you give your kids charging privileges, I always give my kids this they are now 13 and 10, when they went to dinner they charges the most expensive smoothie with the 'lights' on it for a pirate or tinker bell,

So tell servers in advance what they can order.....

As long as you know your kids well and know they will be well behaved. We were a group of 4 adults and saw tables of kids acting wonderful on our last cruise. However, on Formal night, we had a large group of kids next to us. Their behavior was terrible (food throwing, climbing seats, yelling)...etc. The poor servers did everything to keep the kids entertained, but it did not help. It made for a terrible meal for us as well. Looking back, we realize we should have complained. We will if it ever happens again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter