Dinner with Shamu

Jaime

DIS Veteran
We will be dining with Shamu in January, has anyone else done this dinner? Does anyone know what time it usually starts? Thanks..:)

We did it a few weeks ago. I think it starts different times depending on the park hours.

My family and I were very disagppointed with the dinner. You hardly saw Shamu at all....They leave the gate open to the main pool so that one or two whales can swim back if they want to...and the little demonstartion they did was very short. I think it was far too pricey for what you get....just my opinion.

Kevin

just found your post about the dinner with Shamu... we already have it booked for January. DD really wants to do it. Hope we have a better experience. It is, by far, the priciest single thing we are doing during our week in Orlando. Considering that there are other dining options (such as the shark one), this had better be great!!

We just came back from Orlando and we did Dine with Shamu. This may not have been the greatest exerience of the holiday but still worth it. Also when we did it we only had "Shamu" in the gated area.

It is not so much about doing a performance like in the shows but more about learning about how they interact with the whales and how they get them to perform. The thing I enjoyed the most was seeing the handler interact with "Shamu" after the performance was over, you can see how much she loved spending time with him.

For me it was something worth doing once and the photographs you can take are amazing. We sat on the front row on the right hand side. The middle and the left hand had better seats for the small tricks but we had better seats for close up views. The only seats I would not have liked is the second row but if it's not busy I cant imagine you getting those seats.

If you enjoy learning about aimals and are not expecting big tricks then you will enjoy it.

What are the times for dining with Shamu? Do they have multiple seatings? We are going early Feb. and I wonder if I could still reserve this? Does it get crowded? Thanks for any responses! :Pinkbounc

When we called for mid Jan we called about the second day the reservations were available and had no trouble getting them. Then we had to call back in about a month later to change it due to a change in schedule. Had no trouble changing our date. Only one seating available during low season at 4:30pm.

pjlla, Would you please post your expierence, observations,etc. after your trip? I would love to hear of more first hand experiences! We are going early Feb. and want to do this, but can't decide on this! Too many negative posts, and not enough info! Thanks ! And, have a great trip!:Pinkbounc

I will certainly try my best. We are mostly doing the dinner for my DD (8 1/2) who is a marine-biologist wanna-be! Like the character meals at WDW, I think of this thing as more of an "event" than a meal, so even if the food is less than gourmet, I'm okay with that. I'll be sure to report back as soon as I can...P

We are doing the dine with Shamu Dinner on Jan 22. I recently had to make a change to our res and was told that the dinner is at 4:15. I was also told the tables seat 4 and where we are a group of 7 they will move a table from the second row and join it with the first row. I found a link with a detailed review that made me feel better about my res http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida_guide/dining_with_shamu.asp
Thanks for all your help and I hope everyone has a great trip. I'll post my experience when we return.

If you feel wet while you read this, is isn't the "splash zone" for Shamu you are feeling, it is my tears of sadness that our vacation is over!!! It was great. The dinner with Shamu was very nice. Not WOW, TERRIFIC, but very nice. The food was very good, fresh, and plentiful, for both the kids and adults (see the review I posted here). I wish we had seen a bit MORE of the animals, but we did see them and got several nice pictures. It is expensive and if you are not interested in seeing the animals, then go elsewhere for dinner..... but for my daughter and son it was terrific! Let me know if you have specific questions..............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter