Dinner With Chicken Bell? That's A Good Idea! A Sept 2016 Birthday & MNSSHP Adventure! New 10/16

Great report! I have the same work problem--I think it's the profession--I just told my partners that I will not be checking in when I'm at Disney next month. I can't wait to flip the switch on my email account!

OH jack Henry is stealing my heart. I have a three year old that is just like him, but ginger. :D

I think 2-3 is my favorite age...they are so much fun!

I love Disney fashion too. And I like your Robin Hood shirt!
Thank you! It was an Etsy score...Robin Hood is my favorite Disney movie, when I saw it, I knew I had to have it!

Love every single one of your outfits.

Thank you! My sister and I had a ball planning them out!

The lifeguard from The Sandlot! One of my favorite movies.
YES!!! I can't wait to get to the MNSSHP post...it was a group effort!

Great report! I have the same work problem--I think it's the profession--I just told my partners that I will not be checking in when I'm at Disney next month. I can't wait to flip the switch on my email account!
Thank you, and thanks for joining in! I'm so jealous...I tried that this trip...it lasted for about a day and a half...but fortunately they managed to curtail contact for most of the week.

pixiedust::car::car::car:pixiedust:
Hitting The Road
FOR REAL!!!

It was finally time! I finished up my work...and walked BOLDLY out of those doors....

or something like that:rolleyes:.

I swung by my house, threw my bags in my car then drove the 20 minutes to my parents house to pick up my mom. She hopped in and we were off! But not to Orlando...our first stop was Big D! That's Dallas, for all of you non-Texans:goodvibes.

Yes, Joanie is a Native Texan and proud of it!​

Goob and Jack Henry live a few hours north of my parents and I, so we were meeting them in Dallas on Monday night before our early Tuesday morning flight. After our 3 hour drive we pulled into our hotel:

photocredit: random internet photo
The Stoneleigh is my favorite hotel in Dallas. It's in a neighborhood called Uptown. If you find yourself in need of a hotel in Dallas, I cannot recommend it enough. Probably would have been nice of me to post a pic of our room...but...yeah...I didn't take any:oops:.

By the time Goob and Jack Henry arrived it was about 6:00pm and we were all starving. Normally we would hop in an Uber and head to one of the fantastic restaurants nearby. But after spending a few hours in the car, JH was a little road weary and hungry so we walked across the street to the Stoneleigh P. It's basically a classic Texas bar and grill, as evidenced by....

Yes...I know cigarettes are gross...but I still get a kick out of these machines.

So after a quick, nothing special dinner, Mom and Goob headed back across the street to the hotel and I took JH down to a running trail called Katy Trail. He and I ran around and played for a while then headed back to the hotel. After a room service dessert we set our alarms for 4:15 am:scared:...they have one of those in the morning too...and hit the sack.

Up Next...LIFT OFF!

Last edited:

I'm here also! JH is adorable!!! He is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen (other than my own kiddos lol). I can't wait to read more. Keep it coming.

pixiedust:Into the Wild Blue Yonder!pixiedust:

4:15 a.m. That's morning time y'all. Early morning time. Not that it mattered too much because as usual, the night before Disney = No Sleep for J. The same wasn't true for the rest of our party...

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Ok, so maybe that's not an actual picture of Goob the morning of our flight.

I'm not sure that any of us slept. But we popped out of bed at 4:15 and managed to get showered, made up, and packed up without waking up JH.
Our goal was to be out the door by 5:15, parked and headed to the security line by 5:45. This trip we were flying Southwest which means we were flying out of Love Field. Love Field is located in the center of Dallas and is much smaller than DFW, making it so much more convenient. I LOVE Love! They've recently renovated the entire airport so everything is clean and new...I managed to snap a pic of one of the murals they added recently:

We managed to park and make it through security without incident. We grabbed some breakfast on the way to our gate, and before long it was time to board! By this time JH was wide awake and ready to mingle with everyone and anyone. Mostly, he was pretty pumped about being able to wear his pajamas in public...

We boarded and were able to find four seats near the front of the plane. They were actually across the aisle and one row behind each other, which worked out well because it allowed JH to walk back and forth between me and Mom and Goob...although he had a difficult time understanding that we weren't supposed to walk around when the seatbelt sign was on :confused3. But he did have a good time buckling his seatbelt...and my seatbelt...and unbuckling his seatbelt...and my seatbelt...and bucking his seatbelt...and my seatbelt...I think you get the picture...it was all fun and games until he tried to buckle my neighbors seatbelt...and then it was just awkward...but apparently just for me...because the lady just laughed and let him buckle her up!

Yay-Yay and JH, Buckled Up For Safety!

The flight was fairly uneventful...of course everyone fell in love with JH...because HOW COULD YOU NOT?? I'm kidding...kind of. The kid was full of it. He said "Thank ya Ma'am" to the flight attendants for anything they offered (drinks, snacks, clean up service, or if they were just walking by). He waved and fist bumped everyone who walked by on their way to the restroom or even got remotely close to us...like I said, he was full of it. All in all, it was a good flight and we were thankful for it, because as anyone who travels with toddlers knows, that is not always the case. Before we deplaned we did get one little surprise...the flight crew asked if JH would like to meet the pilot...OF COURSE I WANTED TO...I mean he wanted to...

So That Just Happened
And in case you're wondering those pajamas are FAA approved.

All in all, it was a fun flight and a fun start to our vacation!

It has only taken...what...5 or 6 updates to get us to Orlando? But we're finally there! Up Next: Our Resort, Our First Meal, and Our First Park of the trip!

Welcome Home!

Last edited:
I'm here also! JH is adorable!!! He is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen (other than my own kiddos lol). I can't wait to read more. Keep it coming.

Thank you, I'm glad you're here! And OMG, I just checked out your PTR, your girls are PRECIOUS!! I'm a sucker for hair bows, too cute!

Loving your report so far! You're hilarious, and very entertaining! JH is too adorable! Can't wait for more!!!

pixiedust:Welcome Home!!!pixiedust:

After our first Meet and Greet of the trip (Airplane Pilot's totally count as a Meet and Greet, right?), we deplaned, caught the fake-o-rail, stopped for a bio-break and costume change for Jack Henry, and RAN...i mean walked calmly...to the Magical Express!!!

Not me...totally not me.
I have to be perfectly honest here, I may have requested...or..umm FORCED...my sister to sit in seats closer to the front of the plane so that we could be first off and "theoretically" make it to the Magical Express AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. This MAY have (i.e. it totally did) caused some friction because she wanted to secure a row of three seats in order to give JH more room to squirm and/or nap. But whatevs, I'm the trip planner and the trip planner says GET TO MAGICAL EXPRESS QUICKLY...annnnyways...she got over it and we got to the ME much quicker than those who sat at the back of the plane...I'm sure of it:smooth:.

We made our way through the line, boarded the Magical Express and let Disney take it from there!

Mom and JH with an onboard selfie​

Fortunately we were the first stop and before too long we pulled into our home for the next few days...

ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!!!
We were beyond thrilled to be staying at AKL. As I mentioned in the intro, this was our first time staying at a deluxe resort. When we were planning this trip we initially planned on staying in a moderate or possibly a value. With the new addition to Goob's family and a few other trips planned for Mom and I, our travel budget didn't exactly allow for a deluxe vacation...UNTIL...new discounts were released! By the time it was all said and done, we were able to book a standard room...with a standard view...with the deluxe dining plan...for only $300ish more than a moderate resort!

We were checked in, JH, Mom, and Goob all received their birthday buttons (have i mentioned that we were celebrating three birthdays on this trip? No? Well I suck...) And I got a pity..I mean cool..."I'm Celebrating" button :D. JH got some new headgear as well...

As you will see throughout this report, this boy loves hats, ears, helmets...really, any type of headgear
We made our way to our room to drop our carry on bags, clean up a bit and head to our first ADR of the trip...as I mentioned we were booked in a standard room, with a "parking lot" or "other" view...so imagine our surprise when we opened our door, walked out to our BALCONY and SAW...

ANIMALS!!
That's right, we got a Savanna(h?) view upgrade! We had thought (hoped, prayed) that an upgrade might be possible, but we didn't feel comfortable asking for one. We were beyond thrilled. We had so much fun every morning and some afternoons just sitting out on our balcony looking at the different animals. We were in room...3495...i think? It wasn't exactly close to the main lobby, in fact, it was located here:

But we didn't care...because UPGRADE! ANIMALS!

So after jumping and squealing and analyzing and celebrating the Disney Magic of it all, we changed clothes and headed to our first ADR. Fortunately we didn't have to travel far because our first meal of the trip was lunch at

This was our second visit to Sanaa and for the second time in a row, it did not disappoint!
Because we were on the deluxe dining plan we started with apps. We chose the bread service (yum), and the potato leek soup. Mom and Goob had the soup and we all split the bread service. For our entrees I ordered the Butter Chicken and Goan Seafood, Goob had the Butter Chicken and the Braised Beef, and Mom ordered the Shrimp Salad. For dessert, I had the dessert trio, and Mom and Goob had the cheesecake. Jack Henry? Jack Henry had a nap. Which was convenient.

Also...I took zero pics of food...soooooo here's some pics of JH with things on his head...

So that's all I have for now! Next up...Our first park of the trip!

ETA: After re-reading I thought that even though I didn't have pics of the meal, I could have at least done a better job of reviewing the food. As I mentioned, Sanaa did not disappoint. Mom and Goob seemed to really enjoy the potato soup, although neither of them finished their bowl because it was so filling. The naan and the accompanying sauces could have been a meal on their own as well. We had fun (and got very full) trying the different combinations of the different breads and sauces. The spicy bread with the chocolatey sauce was surprisingly my favorite...yeah...no clue what the actual names of the flavors are.
Mom ordered the shrimp salad which consisted of about 6 jumbo shrimp sautéed and served on top of...ummm...salad. Lettuce and some other stuff. I tried a piece of the shrimp and the flavor was AMAZING. If we decide to go back, I'll probably order the shrimp salad. Especially if we order the bread service.
The butter chicken, goan seafood, and braised beef over rice all received decent reviews from Goob and I. Nothing out of this park delicious, but still good. We didn't manage to finish our portions.
Mom and Goob raved over the cheesecake for dessert and each finished their serving despite the massive amount of food we'd already eaten.
I ordered the dessert trio. I like variety and will usually choose it over one single dessert...but after hearing Mom and Goob go on and on and ON about the cheesecake, I would probably choose it next time.
Which brings me to "Next Time." We've enjoyed Sanaa on two trips now, and I think we may be ok skipping it next time. We love being able to watch the animals while we eat, but I think next trip I'd like to try one of the restaurants at Wilderness Lodge in lieu of a return to Sanaa.

So there you go, food reviewed...now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Last edited:
4:15 is my regular M-F wake-up time and :scared: is exactly right! :laughing:
Very cool! :thumbsup2

YES!!
No. Way. More Power To YOU! I couldn't do it! I STRUGGLE with my 6:45 wake up!
It really was! I'm fascinated by airplanes. I know I had more fun with that than JH did!
Well...I ALMOST made it to our first park...

Loving your report so far! You're hilarious, and very entertaining! JH is too adorable! Can't wait for more!!!
Thank you and welcome! I'm pretty sure I owe my humor to the glass of wine I have while writing :-). I'll also blame my misspelled words and grammatical errors on the same!

Your whole plan ride with JH sounds like the cutest thing ever!
We really were fortunate that he was in good humor...We had planned on sleeping a bit...but best laid plans...lol

Looking forward to the next installment!

I'm so glad you're here! Thanks for reading along!

We're going to AKL and after hearing a few people say that got upgrades from a standard room to savannah view I'm hopeful we could get one too. It seems like a possibility which I didn't think it would be. My boyfriend would love that.

I love your Kevin Bacon gif too :thumbsup2 and the pictures of JH with things on his head are adorable.

Yeah! Awesome upgrade! Love JH's "hats"!!!
It definitely made our trip! Now I'm just trying to figure out how we'll be able to top it next time...lol.
And that boy and his headgear...I Facetimed him today and he had shorts on his head...it never stops with him.

We're going to AKL and after hearing a few people say that got upgrades from a standard room to savannah view I'm hopeful we could get one too. It seems like a possibility which I didn't think it would be. My boyfriend would love that.

I love your Kevin Bacon gif too :thumbsup2 and the pictures of JH with things on his head are adorable.

-From everything I've read, if you go during a low volume time of the year you have a very good chance of getting an upgrade...hopefully it will work out!

-It's tough to beat a Kevin Bacon and Glitter gif! I think I'm going to start a Tumblr account and just call it "Stuff On Jack's Head." He can get fairly creative.

Loving it so far. We stayed at AKL in April and it was so nice! Sanaa is also my very favorite WDW restaurant...and I will be eating there in one week. Yay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter