Dinner With Chicken Bell? That's A Good Idea! A Sept 2016 Birthday & MNSSHP Adventure! New 10/16

Judgey Judgerson

Eating My Ears
:welcome:Hello and Welcome!:welcome:

My name is J. and this is my very first Trip Report!

Actually, because I'm typing this as I sit watching the 2nd Presidential Debate, I feel like I should probably fact check myself...First, my name isn't actually J (shocking, I know). It's Johnnie....except it's not spelled J-o-h-n-n-i-e. My name has a very distinct spelling that, unfortunately, makes it very easy for anyone to google me and be all up in my b'ness...normally I'm very transparent and couldn't care less who knows what I'm up to, but due to some recent job issues I'm making a small effort to keep my vacation life out of the public eye.

Also, the second fact check...while this is my first trip report, I did start and abandon a PTR a few years ago...I just feel like I needed to be honest about that...I know....awful, right? Ring that shame bell.

Sooooo anyway...Who Wants To Play "Get To Know J!"?

I'm 30somethingish, and hail from the GREAT State of Oklahoma! By day I'm an attorney, a judge, and the CEO of our local hospital. Yeah...it's a strange mix of careers, but all together they allow me to pay the bills and fund my Disney addiction. Much to my parent's chagrin I'm (STILL :sad2:) not married and have no children. But I am a doting aunt to a beautiful niece and two and a half nephews...one and a half of whom you will meet in this report! I "love" :crazy2: running (one Princess Half and approximately 20 non-Princess Halves under my belt...pics to come...possibly), Oklahoma State Football (Go Cowboys!), reading, traveling, SHOPPING, and napping.
And now the Disney Edition of "Get to Know J!"

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Resort: Grand Floridian
Favorite Character: Gus-Gus
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
I was a late comer to the WDW party, my first trip was in 2011. That trip was amazing, due in part to the company, but also because....well...DISNEY. But I feel like I've made up for all those Disney free years, as this trip marks my 8th trip to WDW.
I made the BRILLIANT decision to start this trip report at approximately 11:00pm and unfortunately, I have to be up early for a run and a meeting...SO. MUCH. FUN. Add in the fact that I'm familiarizing myself with photo bucket, HTML, and the Dis of it all...and well, there's a learning curve y'all o_O.
So for anyone following along, stay tuned to find out who I travelled with, where we stayed, and lord only knows what else. See Ya Real Soon!

Introductions Continued Here

Last edited:

pixiedust:Introductions Continued!pixiedust:
Alrighty! I think I almost have this posting stuff figured out. I've found emojis, I've resized fonts...granted, Photobucket and I may need some relationship counseling, but we're powering through...or something like that...the struggle is totally real y'all. So let's continue this party by introducing the rest of the...uh...party.

First up, meet my sister Jennifer, or Goob, as she's affectionately known by our family and friends.

She would 100% murder me if she knew I posted that picture, but she's not on the Dis, so what she doesn't know won't hurt me! In all fairness, that's actually a picture from our college days following an 80's themed party. As you may be able to discern, Goob has a great personality, she is hands down the life of any party...she also has a tendency to be...well...dingy. It's ok, she embraces it. We spend a good portion of any vacation or family get together laughing at "Deep Thoughts from Goob." We never know what's going to come out of her mouth...but it's usually hilarious. Goob has been married to my awesome Brother-in-Law for six years. She works part time as the Volunteer Coordinator for a Domestic Violence Crisis Center. The rest of the time, she's able to stay at home with their 3 year old son Jack Henry (who you'll meet soon!).
Because I'm such a good sister, here's an up to date pic of Goob...sort of...

I say "sort of" because Goob is currently expecting her second son (Name to Come!)...he would be the 1/2 in my two and a half nephews :)...which means she made the trip to WDW while she was 5 months pregnant. She was a trooper! This was Goob's 4th trip to WDW. Her Disney Faves are:
Favorite Park: Tie between MK and AK
Favorite Character: Cinderella
Favorite Ride: RnR
Next up, meet our Mom, Joanie!

Yes, another picture that could definitely lead to a homicide, but again, no Dis access, no problem for J! Also, this pic has been posted on Facebook several times and is Mom approved. She has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh...even at herself. My Mom is a very talented hairstylist. She and my Dad celebrated their 41st wedding anniversary this year. What's that you say? You want to see a pic of my Mom and Dad with their favorite child? Well...Ok...since you asked..

It blows my mind that these two have been married for over 40 years! My brother and sister and I could not ask for better parents. This trip marked Mom's 3rd trip to WDW. Goob and I made the mistake of taking a quick trip to WDW over Christmas without her...we know now to NEVER do that again:scared:We didn't think she had enjoyed her previous two trips to WDW and that she was just indulging us...well indulging or not, she made it pretty clear that we would not be leaving her behind again...Shame Bell...Shame Bell...Shame Bell. Mom's Disney Favorites Are:
Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite Character: The Stars of Hollywood Blvd
Favorite Ride: RnR

So There You Have It...J. Mom, and Goob, off to WDW! Yes...we dress formally for travel:rotfl2:

Just the Three of Us!! Just us Girls!! Just the Gal....wait...wait a second...no, how in the world could I have forgotten? Ok, I didn't really forget, I just need you all to prepare yourself for a cuteness overload. Are you prepared? Seriously. Prepare.
Our fourth and final traveller is none other than my nephew, the aforementioned....Jack Henry.

Jack Henry turned 3 years old while we were on the this trip (shout out for Free Before Three!). Jack Henry is quite simply, the most amazing 3 year old ever. He has personality for days. He loves to meet new people, he tips his hat to the ladies, he offers hand shakes and fist bumps to men and Disney Characters, and basically keeps us entertained 24/7. He definitely is the best mix of his Mom and Dad. Jack is obsessed with baseball, race cars, cowboys, and being a big boy. He is the most tender hearted child I've ever met, he gets sad if he thinks someone has hurt feelings, and he's afraid of the dark...and bugs...and loud noises. Right now he's excited about becoming a big brother and is convinced that he can see the new baby through his Mom's belly button...which leads to so many awkward public moments.

This was Jack Henry's 3rd trip to WDW.
Jack's Disney Favorites Include...(directly quoted from him):
Favorite Park: "Uhhh...The Race Tars (cars) Yay-Yay!" (He calls me Yay-Yay)
Favorite Resort: "Yay-Yay, One Upon a Time, Ruby had puppies" (yeah...figure that one out)
Favorite Character: "Lightning MeTween, Ohhh YEAH BABY!"
Favorite Ride: "THE RACE TARS!" (Tomorrowland Speedway)
So there you have it, our little group! Up Next: When we travelled, Where we stayed, and maybe I'll even get to the ACTUAL trip! But I think I promised those details in my last post...and you can see how well I addressed those topics here...:confused3...BUT THE NIGHT IS YOUNG!!

Whaaat? Two updates in one night? Check it out here #12!

Last edited:
pixiedust:The Details! Yay For Details!pixiedust:
Before I jump into the actual day to day of the trip I thought it would be fun to start by talking about how this trip came to be. Actually, it's probably not that fun, but as my Contracts Law professor used to say "Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start." Poetic, right? He should have been a songwriter :laughing:.

Like many of you here, my sister and I go into WDW withdrawals the minute we catch the Magical Express back to MCO. After our December trip to MVMCP (again...sorry Mom), we had no idea when we would return. Our family takes a beach vacation each year in May, so we knew we would have to budget for that. My job was requiring more and more of my time and energy (rural healthcare is not for sissies!), and leaving the hospital for even a few days was not looking possible. Throw into the mix that Goob and her husband were...umm...successful...in their plan to add to their family. So all in all, it wasn't looking like we'd be back to Disney anytime soon. But clearly, we came to our senses.

This is us...coming to our senses...at a wedding, apparently.

Before I go any farther, I have to say, Goob and I are both terrible at math. Like, bad. SUPER bad. Everyday, I thank the LORD ABOVE that I have a CFO who handles all the adding and subtracting and long dividing of the numbers and stuff. BUT, one thing Goob and I do excel at? You got it...DISNEY MATH. So after running the Mickey Mouse numbers we quickly figured out that:
1. Jack Henry was 2 years old
2. She was pregnant with their 2nd child
3. If we waited until 2017 for a trip, Jack's ticket etc. would not be free
So if you carry the one...subtract the 3...divide by the quotient of x...
IT JUST ALL ADDS UP. We had to go. Trust me on this. #NUMBERS #MATH

So as the designated control freak, I mean Disney Planner, I started pricing trips. We tossed around dates and resorts and dining plans for a few days before finally deciding on:

1. Sept 6th-10th
2. Five Day Park Hoppers
3. MNSSHP Tickets
4. Deluxe Dining Plan
AND THE KICKER...
5. ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!

This was our first time staying deluxe. We scored an end of summer deal with great room rates and free dining (with paid upgrade to deluxe dining)! This was our second time on the Deluxe Dining Plan...and y'all...it's a lot of food...A LOT OF FOOD. A lot of food that I failed to take pictures of...yeah...you know what's coming...SHAME BELL...RING IT.

So there you have it the When and the Where...

However...

I feel like I need some pictures here...so continuing my theme of "Pictures My Sister Loves":rolleyes1

A flashback to January 2012, Goob's first and my second trip to WDW. It was out of this world!
And because who doesn't enjoy a gratuitous picture of a cute kid with Mickey Ears?

Jack Henry's first trip to WDW, May 2015

Next Update, Let's Hit The Road!

Dinner With Chicken Bell? That's A Good Idea! A Sept 2016 Birthday & MNSSHP Adventure! Update 10/11

Last edited:
Loving your family! Ya'll seem like a hoot and Jack Henry is a cutie.

Following along! Your nephew is adorable! And it took me awhile to figure out posting on here too. Photobucket can be awful.

Loving your family! Ya'll seem like a hoot and Jack Henry is a cutie.

Thank you! We like to have a good time and laugh a lot....usually at each other. :). And thank you, we're convinced that Jack Henry knows how precious he is...if he weren't adorable and three years old I'd be worried about his ego :-)

Love it so far! I can't wait for more!

:thanks: More is on the way, hopefully I haven't ran out of the good content..lol.

Following along! Your nephew is adorable! And it took me awhile to figure out posting on here too. Photobucket can be awful.
Ugh. Photobucket. I can't even. But welcome! And thank you, that kid definitely has me wrapped around his finger...and he knows it!

pixiedust:We're Hitting The Road! Or Are We?pixiedust:

We did! We did hit the road! But not to Orlando. We hit the road to...well, that will come later. But let me back up to one of the most important aspects of WDW travel...Outfits and Packing!

...Yeah, I know, I'm not sure if we're ever going to get to the actual trip or not either...

One of my favorite things about WDW is Disney Fashion! It's so much fun to wear clothes that I may not be able to wear everyday, or that may not be appreciated outside of the bubble. Minnie Mouse ears, Mickey Mouse shirts, DisneyBounding, etc. dressing for Disney is one of my favorite parts of vacation! It can also be one of the most frustrating.

In the interest of time and not subjecting everyone to the full extent of my wardrobe woes and packing plight (YOU'RE WELCOME)...here's a pic of my final outfit selections...and as you can see from the state of my closet, packing was A PROCESS.

Tuesday: Minnie Jersey with Minnie Ears (not pictured...obvi)
Wednesday: You can't tell from the pic, but this t-shirt is Robin Hood themed, the pocket has embroidery that reads "oh-da-lolly golly what a day" with a bow and arrow
Wednesday PM: An outfit that started out as a Cinderella Disney Bound, but ended up with yellow shorts...because...no idea:confused3
Thursday: MNSSHP (any guesses on who I dressed as?)
Friday: Cinderella Disney Bound attempt #2
Friday PM: Ummm...America? Yeah, let's go with that.
Saturday Option 1: Steamboat Willie (sure, why not?)
Saturday Option 2: GAMEDAY! I gotta support my Oklahoma State Cowboys!

Spoiler Alert: The outfits got switched around a bit, and I may have called an audible or two and substituted outfits not pictured...because after a few days on the Deluxe Dining Plan...well, comfort became an issue :cool:.

Of course none of those outfits compare to my all time favorite Disney Outfit...My 2013 Princess Half Cinderella Costume!

Cinderella, Jasmine, and Rapunzel crushing the Princess Half!

So at this point in the trip, or Pre-Trip(?) it's Monday, September 5th, aka Labor Day. My Mom and I both worked a bit this morning. As I mentioned before, Mom is a hairstylist. Normally she doesn't work on Mondays, but as we were going to be gone for the rest of the week she agreed to come in and see a few of her clients who have standing weekly appointments so that they wouldn't have to go two weeks without getting their hair done. There's a reason why she was named Best Hairstylist in our county.

That Joanie...she really is just the best :thumbsup2.

My plan was to go to the hospital, work for an hour at most, finish up some small projects that I wanted off of my desk before l left, then head out....DUMB DUMB DUMB :furious:. THREE HOURS LATER I walked out the doors...I may have turned and made rude hand gestures at those doors as I was headed out to my car. But none of that mattered now

:car:BECAUSE I WAS FINALLY HEADED TO DISNEY!!!:car:
kind of...

#LongestLeadInEver
Next Update Here!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter