Dinner w/out kids.....

bellebuzzntink

Mouseketeer
So we're getting a babysitter for the kids, and DH and I are going out for a nice dinner. The question is WHERE??? This is our 5th trip in 10 years, and we've only had two table service meals, so I don't really know where to start! We don't want to go back to the parks, and there are still so many other options that look really good. What's your pick for a quiet, romantic meal?

hubby and I did this admittedly with our inlaws so not really romantic. We got a babysitter from Fairy Godmothers and went to Californian Grill.

We had a reservation for 8 and got there and just had a drink at the bar while we waited for our meal. We could also watch the fireworks while it was going on.

The meal was stunning loved every bit of it. The price was expensive but worth it as it was a kid free evening.

Have a fab time.

Kirsten

So we're getting a babysitter for the kids, and DH and I are going out for a nice dinner. The question is WHERE??? This is our 5th trip in 10 years, and we've only had two table service meals, so I don't really know where to start! We don't want to go back to the parks, and there are still so many other options that look really good. What's your pick for a quiet, romantic meal?

What kind of food do you and your husband like? :)
Any 2 credit restaurant would be a great option.

I love Yachtman's Steak house.. great service, great food, fairly quiet and intimate. I have the exact same comments towards Artist Point. Artist point has excellent food and the Wilderness Lodge is just beautiful :)

If you want something in the lower price range or a 1 credit restaurant
The Grandfloridian Cafe gives a pretty nice meal, as does the Wave. Both are really nice places and the food is a little less fancy than the other two i suggested but is still not just burgers and french fries, and can provide a nice time for you and your husband.

Alot of people love Jiko, Citricos and Narcooses, I have not ate there to recommend them but supposedly they are quite romantic :)

Another vote for California Grill at the top of the Contemporary. Very romantic. Time it so you can watch the fireworks (~7:30pm ressies if Wishes is at 9pm). Request a window table when you check in with the host. We've eaten at almost all of the signature Dining locations at WDW, and I found meals at CG with DH to be the most memorable.

Any "signature dining" restaurant gets my vote.

If you're looking for something a little less expensive (a one credit restaurant) then Tutto Italia gets my vote. We've eaten there several times & the atmosphere there is much quieter & reserved than the other "one-credit" restaurants.

. . . Shula's (Steaks)
. . . Il Mulino's (Italian)
. . . Bistro de Paris (French)

We did this on our trip in '07 and LOVED Jiko! Everything was delicious and the service was marvelous.

Our son (then almost 5) had a blast at Simba's Cubhouse - we parked him there instead of hiring a sitter. (You can do that even if you're not staying there, as long as you are dining there).

Next time around, our daughter will probably be too young for that so it's Kids Night Out service for us. We're planning to come down next summer but will be doing US, SW and BG (NOT Disney) but I'd like to catch La Nouba...just the two of us.

Have fun!

Just be aware that virtually any restaurant that you will visit will have lots of kids in it no matter when you go. I once paid for the Neverland Club for an "adult only" romantic meal at the California Grill and ended up missing my DD because there were so many kids around!

There are NO kids at Victoria and Alberts, but it is quite expensive and may not be the kind of food that you like. There are also FEWER kids at Shula's because there is no kids menu. It's also quite expensive but has great steaks. If your kids are older than 4-years old you may want to consider eating at Shula's or Blue Zoo. They used to provide 2 hours of free childcare at the Dolphin Club with your reservation and if you drop your kids off early enough (by 6-6:30, I think) they will even feed your kids for free :). Bistro de Paris also does not have a kids menu, so there are fewer kids there.

If you have younger kids, I can recommend the Fairy Godmothers. We used them 3-4 times when my DD was younger and they were great!

ETA: Some of my other favorites: California Grill, Jiko's, and Flying Fish. I have heard really good things about the new Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Villas and The Wave at the Contemporary.

I have to agree Cali grill, Narcossees, YSH are all great. One of our last trips we dined at Wolfgang - The Dining Room upstairs and had a very nice meal. Nice views of the lake.

For any dinner I'd go as late as you can but as said any of these places could have kids.

I guess it would depend what you feel like doing afterwards. I also would recommend getting a towncar for the night so you don't have to rely on the buses. It adds a little to your night and you won't feel off all dressed up on the bus.

By quiet I mean enjoying my dinner without fussing at my own kids! ;) Not so much worried about other people's kids.

I have to agree Cali grill, Narcossees, YSH are all great. One of our last trips we dined at Wolfgang - The Dining Room upstairs and had a very nice meal. Nice views of the lake.

For any dinner I'd go as late as you can but as said any of these places could have kids.

I guess it would depend what you feel like doing afterwards. I also would recommend getting a towncar for the night so you don't have to rely on the buses. It adds a little to your night and you won't feel off all dressed up on the bus.

I hadn't even thought about what to do afterwards. Dinner really doesn't take that long, and since we have a babysitter.......

I'm thinking of Narcossees or Cali Grill, and then heading over to Epcot for some international libations and strolling around the lake.

Every trip we say "it would be fun to do "this" or "that" without the kids, but now I can't remember what "this" and "that" are!

Well most of the 2 TS places the meals easily last an hour or so. We've had 2hr meals a few times depending on order / crowd etc.

I think Narcossee's / Cali Grill would be nice as you have a few options for later:

Monorail to Poly and unwind at the bar (Laupu, Laupu)
Monorail to Epcot
Walk around Poly in the torch light
Walk around Grand Floridian
Head over to Downtown Disney for some shopping / drinks.

If your anything like me while I'm do enjoy a nice night out with DW - my DD's are never far from my thoughts. The life of a parent :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter