Dinner: Via Napoli or Rose & Crown?

Liliyana

Scruffy-looking Nerf Herder
Hi! We booked a trip in December. I've been making our dining ressies, and we're having trouble deciding between Via Napoli or Rose & Crown. Any thoughts?

There will be 2 adults and a 5 year old. My husband doesn't like Tutto Italia's menu, :confused3 hence my choice of VN over that. My favorite in the world showcase is Biergarten, his is Le Cellier, and this will be our daughter's first visit so she doesn't have an opinion yet. ;) Thanks for any opinions, tips, etc.!

I would would go to via napoli . the food is good and who doesn't luv pizza :rotfl:

We love Rose & Crown but my 10 year old has left there hungry every year for the past 4 years. We always go into it knowing he hates the food there and get him something small before, and something to eat after. He's fine with that, but absolutely hates every kids choice there!

Thanks, all! I guess it's like this: We love Italian food (which is why I'm confused about DH not liking Tutto's menu), but we're kind of obsessed with everything British. One would be for the food, the other for the atmosphere, but we can only choose one.

I haven't been to Rose & Crown before, but my family and I visited Via Napoli for the first time on our last trip and enjoyed it very much! Everything there is genuine Italian. The food is fantastic, especially the pizza, and the service is great as well; everyone working there is from a part of Italy. also, the restaurant itself is very beautiful :goodvibes I hope this helps your decision, and I hope y'all have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

I'd suggestion R&C. We've been there several times for dinner and haven't had a bad experience or meal.

We've also gone to VN twice and found it to be over priced pizza. It was one of our most expensive meals and we were not THAT impressed.

Biergartens we love. Our DS6 can eat off the buffet with no trouble (or just eat the pretzel sticks) and the entertainment is a plus.

Id go to via napoli!! While R&C was good, it certainly difdnt blow me away.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I'm also obsessed with all things British, but I've been to the Rose & Crown on 2 separate trips, and I just didn't love it. The rest of my family didn't like it AT ALL.

I'm vegan, and the chef made me something special, but it was just okay. My family ordered off the regular menu, but did not like the food.

On the other hand, everyone LOVED Via Napoli! The food is so fresh and delicious. My options were VERY limited, but I still enjoyed my food. I had a plain pizza with marinara sauce topped with a large salad. It was so simple, but the flavors were perfect.

I will definitely go to Via Napoli again, but sadly not the Rose & Crown.

I love the four cheese pizza at Via Napoli and have them add red marinara sauce :love:

For my family it would be Via Napoli hands down. We loved it when we were there last August.

We found the food at R&C to be just okay. Don't get me wrong, the view for Illuminations was great, but if we ever go there again, we will most likely just get drinks and fish n chips.

I would vote for Via Napoli simply for the Zeppole di Ricotta dessert. My favorite dessert in WDW. :thumbsup2

I'd suggestion R&C. We've been there several times for dinner and haven't had a bad experience or meal.

We've also gone to VN twice and found it to be over priced pizza. It was one of our most expensive meals and we were not THAT impressed.

Biergartens we love. Our DS6 can eat off the buffet with no trouble (or just eat the pretzel sticks) and the entertainment is a plus.

Totally agree. Went to VN for first time last month and won't go back anytime soon. Service was slow, we were there for over 2 hours, granted we were a party of 12, but ordered immediately upon being seated. Since DH and I were paying for everyone, we researched before going and had a set menu. The rissotto balls were a hit as was the calamari but no one loved the pizzas enough to go back. Everyone preferred Flippers pizzas that we had a few days later. Go figure! :lmao:

We do love the Biergarten, although they switched out their chocolate cake for a Blackforest cake and DSs don't like it as much. Haven't been to R&C recently, but we will be going there later this fall.

While I'm not totally enamoured with Via Napoli, it IS good. R&C isn't a bad second choice though. Get VN if you can.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter