dinner the first night

brandand

Mouseketeer
We have 6pm dinner seating for our cruise and I was just wondering what time our luggage will be to our room? Thanks.

All depends. Sometimes ours has arrived when our stateroom was ready ~ 1:00-1:30....other times we've gotten it throughout the afternoon. We might have been just lucky but we've always gotten all our pieces before dinner....but that is not always the case. They certainly understand if you come a little more casual than normal to dinner the first night. So don't fret making sure you have the clothes. Some people will tell you to pack your dinner clothes in your carry on. But we've never done that and I honestly don't think anyone would look at you strangely if you came in shorts that first night....we can all understand that "missing bag" issue.

I believe they told us it may take up until 5 p.m. to get your luggage, but on both cruises we took it was there earlier than that, probably between 3-4 p.m. We had two suitcases and I just made sure to not put all my dress clothes in one and all DH's in one ... I put a couple outfits in each ... because your bags will probably not arrive at the same time.

I'm a first timer but, if I understand right, I don't want to be getting ready for dinner at 5:00. There's too much going on. I'd like to board early and let the kids swim for a while but I'd like to be back in the room by about 3:00 to change for dinner because after the 4:00 drill there's the Sailaway Celebration, then there are character signings in the atrium, and, before we know it, it will be 6:00. I know I'm over planning, and I know I'm paranoid, but I'm going to try to have our things for dinner that first night in our carry on. I definitely don't want to be lugging around any more stuff than I need to but I'll just feel better not worrying.

We had all of our suitcases no later than 5PM, but what I didn't expect is that each bag arrives separately. I had assumed, somehow, that they would all come together, or maybe in two bunches. (We had 6 suitcases.)

But, no, when they see one with your room number, they bring it down to you one at a time. They are pretty quick at it, though, and that's not a good time to blindly stumble out in the hall from your stateroom - you'll be run over!

-Jeff

First cruise got all but my bag before the drill. My bag was in the room after the sailaway party so I had just enough time to change. Second cruise, garment bag didn't arrive until after we were at 6 pm dinner. :( Third cruise I was prepared with a pants outfit in the carryon but didn't need it. :)

Your early dinner may actually end up being 5:30. Everyone who has early seating shows 6:00 & everyone who has late seating shows 8:30, even though the times are staggared.

D-Daddy said:
We had all of our suitcases no later than 5PM, but what I didn't expect is that each bag arrives separately. I had assumed, somehow, that they would all come together, or maybe in two bunches. (We had 6 suitcases.)

But, no, when they see one with your room number, they bring it down to you one at a time. They are pretty quick at it, though, and that's not a good time to blindly stumble out in the hall from your stateroom - you'll be run over!

-Jeff

I just invested in a new set of luggage. I bought a five piece set that all row and all can be linked together so that one person can manage all five pieces easily (I'm a single Mom who loves to travel!). Does anyone know if the cruise line will leave these pieces linked when checked? I just figure it will be harder to loose the one big piece than five separate pieces. I also figure that it will solve the problem of getting your luggage one piece at a time. I know that the air ports separate them because the luggage movers are not set up to move the large bundle.

The problem may come when they bags are being put thru the doorways & out into the hall. It might be too big to be able to manage this???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter