Dinner Suggestions near AoA or elsewhere?

The Mooresketeers

Earning My Ears
Hi There, in May I will be at MK for one day only. My travel party consists of 5 adults and my 3.5 year old son. I don't have dinner reservations yet (ACK!) and need some suggestions...

We have lunch ressies for BOG at 2:20. I'm hoping to catch the afternoon parade and then possibly head back to our hotel for a nap before dinner. We are staying at AoA. I'm thinking dinner around 7pm? We would like to avoid the food court at AoA only because we will already have had dinner there once. Are there any nearby hotels to consider? Should I look into hotels on the monorail for dinner options? In the park better?

Would love to hear any ideas you have!

Thanks!

At AoA you are only about 5 minutes to Celebration, we have some wonderful restaurants here if you have a car. Columbia and D'antonios are great!

Unfortunately, we won't have a car :( We are relying on Disney transportation... I would love to visit Celebration though! Whenever my husband talks about moving out of California, I tell him the only place he is allowed to move me is Celebration (or close by) :) Not giving up DL access unless it's for WDW access! lol

You can take the bus to DTD. It has lots of dining options. If you like music, maybe Raglan Road? Also if you want a T-Rex or RFC then call the restaurant directly, the reservations on WDW's site are a VERY small portion of their actual reservations.

Thanks for the tip on T-Rex! We actually have a dinner reservation there for the night before, but at 4pm as that is all I could get. I will have to call directly and get a better time :) About how long does it take to get to DTD from AoA? I want to make it back into the park in time for the MSEP.

It will be very tough to see a 3pm FoF parade with a 2:20pm BOG. Can you move the lunch a little earlier?

If you want to return to the park for MSEP, I would not eat at DTD. You should have plenty of options at AoA and I'd eat there again. I was really impressed during my only visit there. Otherwise I'd take the bus to MK and eat there or on the monorail.

I would love to make the lunch reservation earlier. It was almost impossible to get a reservation for BoG at all, so I doubt I will be able to change it. I keep trying though. I'm hoping that if we get there early and preorder, we can make it go a little faster.

It's good to hear that you liked the food at AoA...maybe we will just eat there again.

I agree with previous posts. If you are wanting to get back to MK, I'd take the bus back to MK and hop on the monorail to a resort.
If you can't find availability at the more common restaurants, check ones like The Wave or Kona Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter